Foreigner Assaults Phuket Tuk Tuk Driver Over Fare Disagreement

webfact

The weasel tuktuk driver parlayed his initial 600 baht theft into a much bigger payday with his edited filming and police station buddies.  A designed, preplanned caper.

Entertainers also know how to agitate a situation, to instigate a violent reaction, to generate a police enforced payday.  Lots of tuktuk clients are likely entertainers who likely taught the taxi driver how to maximize the take.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Omg, what's wrong with you? 

I get one word wrong in my comment and this brings out the weirdo in you.

You do understand that this is a forum, sometimes you'll see incorrect grammar, misspelled words and words that just don't fit in, there is no need to get hostile. 

But it wasn't a simple grammar error or spelling mistake was it ?

In your haste to bash anything British or English. you failed to comprehend that Abdulloh was the victim not the culprit.

Anyway, no need to get hysterical about it.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, sambum said:

The amount is irrelevant - if the fare was 400 baht and 1000 baht was given over, the customer is entitled to his change! It's a scam!

And the fact that the baht bus/tuk tuk driver "makes a pittance" and his passenger "can afford to fly to Thailand 3 times a year" is also irrelevant. It's a scam!

The passenger appears to be asking the tuk tuk driver to show him the note that he paid him with, and the driver didn't, so yes, it's still a scam!

(In the video - after the tourist departed the scene, it appars to me that the driver appears to be "smirking" Anybody else see it that way?)

I always kept a roll of 20's, fifties & 100's in my pocket purely for this reason. 

(Also tried to avoid having $100 bills in Cambodia cos it could be incredibly hard to 'break' them). 

Edited by Andrew65

I am from the UK, and these kind of people make me feel ashamed to be British.
Throw this scumbag in jail and make an example of him. 
This kind of behaviour shows total disrespect for the Thai people. It’s time that the police implemented a zero tolerance approach towards criminal behaviour, carried out by tourists. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

But one sees foreigners stealing from Thais, while the more recent one appears to be a foreigner complaining of a Thai stealing from him (albeit with his fists).  The two don't seem similar, unless you are trying to make out that the recent case is also one of a foreigner stealing from Thais for some reason?

Quite possible the farang is stealing from the driver, someone is lying, anyway you are going nowhere here in a hurry ruffing up a tuk tuk driver,  a courtroom will figure it out.....😉

As another poster has already pointed out, the "beer swizzling foreign tourist" appears to be asking the tuk tuk driver to show him the note that he paid him with - which the driver refuses to do.

And the fact that he declined to go to the police station impies to me that he suspects that the police would be more inclined to believe the tuk tuk driver than him - after all, it does appear to be the "slag a foreigner" season at the moment!

Not condoning the violence, but it was hardly a "Mike Tyson special" - more of a slap to show his frustration at being scammed. However, it does appear from a later post that he is being charged for assault. I wonder what happened the numerous other times when Thai taxi/tuk tuk drivers have ganged up on and assaulted tourists in disputes over fares?

Any kind of violence, against people, providing a service for foreigners, is wrong. When in a foreign country, we need to remain respectful, at all times.

If there is a problem, call the police and resolve it, this way.
Hitting or even slapping someone, is completely out of order, especially when abroad. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, transam said:

Stand down, Gottfrid, you will get too confused...............🤔

Once again , just a comment and no answers. That´s your reaction when you lost.

Why did the tuk tuk driver not show the Brit the note that he paid the fare with?

Because he is not totally stupid. If he produced the note the passenger would grab it off him.

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

My resident Thai expert who claimed in the past and still contends she knows everything, said the victims father has always instructed his son in-the past,

to not pursue bad fare customers.

Me thinks they had a change of heart after the Falang assault.

I think it highly likely the Brit was scammed based on the location- absolutely notorious, as others have also mentioned. I think there will only be one result in court though.

1 hour ago, Andrew65 said:

I always kept a roll of 20's, fifties & 100's in my pocket purely for this reason. 

(Also tried to avoid having $100 bills in Cambodia cos it could be incredibly hard to 'break' them). 

I remember from my visa trips to Cambodia, long ago, that they required a brand new/unscratched 50 USD (or was it a 100 USD) note for their Visa stamp.
Went 1 time with the 50/100 USD note in my wallet and it got refused because in was bended at one corner.
Go figure.

1 hour ago, khaowong1 said:

Doesn't look like a Tuk Tuk, looks like a taxi. 

The tuk-tuk's in Krabi/Phuket are Daihatsu Cabs.
Their driver cabin looks like a taxi.

tuk-tuk-central-festival.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

One of these robbing cants got a slap for his thievery, so what?

Can we all agree we like seeing him get slapped but at the same time agree this is stupid idea? That seems to be all we need to say here.

13 hours ago, connda said:

I've seen "tourists" killed by a machete wielding tuk-tuk driver for less.

Where, when, videos, proves, otherwise mute

Let's name a cat a cat. This so called  "Brit" named Abdulloh (Arabish name) whit tanned skin seems everything except a genuine Brit.  In my country we are also blessed with a nuisance of those specimens. And I can assure you that statistically speaking they are by far the majority in our prisons. Just saying that I am really doubting about the immigrant's version.

22 minutes ago, vangrop said:

Where, when, videos, proves, otherwise mute

It was actually a taxi driver in Bangkok and the victim was an American who refused to pay the fare.
The American guy died.
You can find it in Aseannow if you are interested.

11 minutes ago, vangrop said:

Let's name a cat a cat. This so called  "Brit" named Abdulloh (Arabish name) whit tanned skin seems everything except a genuine Brit.  In my country we are also blessed with a nuisance of those specimens. And I can assure you that statistically speaking they are by far the majority in our prisons. Just saying that I am really doubting about the immigrant's version.

If Abdullah has an UK passport, then he is a BRIT.

51 minutes ago, vangrop said:

I am really doubting that you, and the other numpty, still think Abdullah is the Brit after it being stated multiple times that Abdullah is the Tuk-Tuk driver !!

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

No, it´s not! The Brits are making a reputation, and it´s not good. Better up! You should think before you execute lame excuses, as only a bloke here for some cheap leg-over holiday. What about the fat bloke that started to fight with the police? Was that also just a misguided tourist looking for sex and short time hotels? You know, just for you, I have included a few of the sh11ty behavior from Brits in Thailand.

Yeah, you know, it´s so easy as it pops up in the news very frequently. We don´t even have to search for it.

Brit rampage and bad behavior (Just skimming the top of the mountain)

So, now you can feel free to defend your fellow country blokes. 😂😂😂

Daaaaaaaammmmmm  Gottfrid....   are you flirting with Goat or is this you going straight in there with the foreplay ????

Please please please take precautions - the lovechild of you two would lead to a digital apocalypse..... 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gottfrid said:
6 hours ago, transam said:

Stand down, Gottfrid, you will get too confused...............🤔

Once again , just a comment and no answers. That´s your reaction when you lost.

I think its a reaction of not biting at the dumb bigotry you are showing by digging up anything negative about the Brits and tarring a whole nation based on the news generated by a minuscule minority of idiots... 

... its just a really dumb troll to be honest....  every nation has its idiots and negative news can be found on many nations...  its a testament to your stupidity that you think this backs up any anti-brit argument you have.....  Yes, there are idiot brits around - we all know that, but your implication that its a majority or that its just the 'British' character is so galactically moronic and idiotic the only 'enlightenment' you have actually provided is that of your utter lack of balance, complete lack of ability to think critically and a significantly below average intellect. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, Goat said:

I am a foreigner, and I despise being tarred with the same brush as these idiots.

Then stop posting like you are one, then.

11 pages and much ado about nothing, apart from a customer and taxi driver dispute.

None of us were there, so it is just guesswork to decide whether the British man was cheated or you wish to go down the line it was an unprovoked attack on an innocent taxi driver.

The driver wasn't seriously injured, so it seems a mountain out of a molehill.

There have been far more vicious attacks committed by these taxi mafias than there have against them, and always described as ' a misunderstanding' a basket of fruit to go with a bruised ego, and a 500 baht fine, why is this different?

However, it's anti farang couple of months, isn't it, especially on that island that never seems to be out of the news of late, either by accident or media driven.

4 hours ago, Confuscious said:

If Abdullah has an UK passport, then he is a BRIT.

Well, if he is and that's true, ( which it isn't ) he's working in a job reserved for Thais without a work permit.

In the Southern islands you will find plenty of Muslims and Muslim names!

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, mancub said:

But it wasn't a simple grammar error or spelling mistake was it ?

In your haste to bash anything British or English. you failed to comprehend that Abdulloh was the victim not the culprit.

Anyway, no need to get hysterical about it.  

Look go away, it was a mistake. 

You said in my haste, really, were you there when I submitted the comment?

Do you have a crystal ball that you can look into and see how people react to comments? 

You're being paranoid, I wasn't bashing British or English, I was bashing a thug, if it was an Aussie or American I'd post the same. Are you a thug, you are obviously against my hate towards this thug. 

You should get some help, go see a doctor and get some medication for your condition. I feel sorry for you, you have some problems. 

If you going to be the correction policeman on AN forums, ask the AN  management for a wage, you may even get a little badge to pin on your shirt, until then get a life, stop being a pest and go annoy someone else. 

BTW, this thread alone has dozens of errors, will you be attacking other members for their errors within their comments?

Don't bother me again with your weird thoughts, you are a very, very strange person. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Charlest1971 said:

I am from the UK, and these kind of people make me feel ashamed to be British.
Throw this scumbag in jail and make an example of him. 
This kind of behaviour shows total disrespect for the Thai people. It’s time that the police implemented a zero tolerance approach towards criminal behaviour, carried out by tourists. 

And what about thoroughly investigating, properly, SERIOUS criminal behavior carried out against tourists?....... Rapes, murders, Armed robberies, gratuitous violence from mob handed motorbike taxi ranks, etc

Throw him in jail? You've already decided he's too blame? Were you there?

I am from the UK and I feel no shame whatsoever about being British........................BECAUSE......I don't behave in ways that I should be ashamed.

10 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

That could be. In general I find the government here to be quite xenophobic. But, not the people. Just the fools who run the place. 

Until they want all the trappings of being a Thai government representative when they go abroad.

Then they want recognition of their position, whilst putting their kids through fancy education programs in the UK, USA and Australasia.

They also want to partake and indulge in buying property in their own names in these places, and all the benefits they can take advantage of.

This, whilst maintaining their xenophobic attitudes back in the comfort of Thailand, where they can carry on the illusion of their Demi god status in their own backyards.

• Thumbs Up 1