Dependency visa for non Thai wife

When I have renewed my Retirement Visa my Filipina wife wishes to apply for a dependency visa.  I have received conflicting information about where she should apply from.  Does she have to apply at the Thai Embassy in the Philippines or can she apply at a Thai Immigration Office?

I have had a retirement visa for 3 years issued in Chiang Mai but let it expire when I returned to Australia for a few months as renewing it fell at an inconvenient time.

We were married while in Australia as it was easier and all the required paperwork for the marriage certificate has been completed.

I am about to apply for another non O (yes the moneys been in the bank for a long time in my name only) but I have had conflicting info on how my wife has to get her non O to obtain a dependency visa.

SO

1) Does she have to apply for the non O in her country the Philippines or can she apply in Thailand which would be much more covenient and probably cheaper.

2) If she can do it here can she do it while still a visa free tourist as long as she does it as soon as she arrives to allow the mandatory 15 working days. Or does she need to have a paid 30 day extension visa?

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Eano said:

1) Does she have to apply for the non O in her country the Philippines or can she apply in Thailand which would be much more covenient and probably cheaper

You clearly did not read links I posted.

She needs to enter Thailand on a non O to piggyback on your extension 

I did actually read the links DrJack54, all the way to the end!

There were still doubts my mind with all the ifs & buts etc. Hence my  previous post answering the questions you had asked.

So it seems best if she applies for the Non O in her country.

Thank you for your assistance.

11 hours ago, Eano said:

I am about to apply for another non O (yes the moneys been in the bank for a long time in my name only) but I have had conflicting info on how my wife has to get her non O to obtain a dependency visa.

I suspect you're applying for a change of Immigration status to Non Immigrant from a VE or TV entry at your local Immigration office.

Ideally, you should have applied for the Non O for yourself and wife (dependant) in Australia, before entering Thailand.
You could have then applied for the 1-year extension with your dependant spouse piggybacking it.

Your spouse could follow your pathway to obtain the 1-year extension, but would need to meet the same financial requirements as yourself, provided she is over 50.

Did you register your marriage in Australia with the Philippine authorities.
I think you may have problems obtain the Non O for her in the Philippines separately. 
Usually, a dependant applies together and at the same time as the independent person.