Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Returns to the Stand: Key Developments in the Trial Against Trump

image.png

The courtroom drama unfolded as Keith Davidson, a pivotal figure in negotiating hush money agreements involving Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal, retook the stand in the criminal trial against Donald Trump. Davidson's testimony shed light on the intricate dealings surrounding the efforts to silence allegations of affairs with the former president.

In his cross-examination, the defense sought to portray Davidson as a dubious legal figure, adept at pushing the boundaries of legality without crossing into extortion. The focus extended beyond Trump to include other high-profile clients, painting a picture of Davidson's legal strategies.

Prosecution:

Davidson's testimony unveiled his loss of trust in Michael Cohen, Trump's former attorney, due to funding delays in the Daniels deal. Despite eventual payment, doubts lingered, as evidenced by Davidson's text messages to Dylan Howard, an editor at the National Enquirer, who assisted in brokering the deal.

Jurors were presented with the confidential agreement between Daniels and Trump, revealing the pseudonyms "David Dennison" and "Peggy Peterson." Notably, a side agreement penned by Davidson himself decoded Trump's real identity, underscoring the clandestine nature of the arrangement.

Furthermore, Davidson's text exchange with Howard on election night hinted at a tacit acknowledgment of their involvement in potentially aiding Trump's campaign, raising questions about the ethical implications of their actions.

Defense Cross-Examination:

Davidson maintained that he had no personal interactions with Trump and emphasized his awareness of legal boundaries, particularly regarding extortion laws. However, the defense scrutinized Davidson's past, including his involvement in a 2012 extortion probe, and questioned his recollection of events and interactions with celebrities.

Regarding Stormy Daniels, Davidson confirmed discussions of leveraging her position but denied any intent to extort Trump. He emphasized Daniels' desire for financial gain, rather than seeking leverage against the former president.

On Redirect:

The prosecution redirected the focus to clarify Davidson's statements, particularly regarding the use of leverage and the intentions behind Daniels' actions. Davidson clarified that references to leverage stemmed from conversations with third parties, not Daniels herself.

Karen McDougal:

Davidson's testimony underscored McDougal's aspirations to revive her career and maintain privacy through the hush money deal. Additionally, attempts to publicize her interactions with Trump surfaced as his political ascent gained momentum.

Douglas Daus:

Daus, an analyst from the Manhattan District Attorney's office, provided insights into the digital evidence collected from Cohen's iPhones. Text messages, including exchanges with key figures like Hope Hicks, illuminated the communication network surrounding Trump and his associates.

A recorded conversation between Trump and Cohen showcased discussions about setting up a company, highlighting Cohen's close involvement in Trump's affairs.

Gag Order Hearing:

Judge Juan Merchan addressed the prosecution's allegations against Trump, culminating in a $9,000 fine for violating the gag order. The hearing underscored the gravity of maintaining trial integrity amidst public discourse.

2024-05-03

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Thumbs Up 2

20 minutes ago, Social Media said:

Regarding Stormy Daniels, Davidson confirmed discussions of leveraging her position but denied any intent to extort Trump. He emphasized Daniels' desire for financial gain, rather than seeking leverage against the former president.

May 2, 2024

During the cross-examination, the defense lawyer Emil Bove quickly sought to discredit Mr. Davidson. He accused him of toeing the line between seeking monetary settlements for his clients and extortion. And he warned Mr. Davidson that he was “not here to play lawyer games,” adding that he was seeking truthful answers.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/02/nyregion/trump-trial-keith-davidson-stormy-daniels-hush-money.html

Updated 2:12 AM GMT+7, May 3, 2024

(Emil) Bove also noted that Davidson had been involved in similar hush money payments for clients that had nothing to do with presidential politics, grilling him about previous instances in which he solicited money to suppress embarrassing stories, including one involving wrestler Hulk Hogan.

By the time Davidson negotiated hush money payments for McDougal and Daniels, Bove asked Davidson whether he was “pretty well versed in coming right up to the line without committing extortion, right?”

“I had familiarized myself with the law,” Davidson replied.

https://apnews.com/article/hush-money-trial-new-fines-testimony-trump-fe6995afbc96650b67f46d813ab05f06

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

May 2, 2024

During the cross-examination, the defense lawyer Emil Bove quickly sought to discredit Mr. Davidson. He accused him of toeing the line between seeking monetary settlements for his clients and extortion. And he warned Mr. Davidson that he was “not here to play lawyer games,” adding that he was seeking truthful answers.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/02/nyregion/trump-trial-keith-davidson-stormy-daniels-hush-money.html

Updated 2:12 AM GMT+7, May 3, 2024

(Emil) Bove also noted that Davidson had been involved in similar hush money payments for clients that had nothing to do with presidential politics, grilling him about previous instances in which he solicited money to suppress embarrassing stories, including one involving wrestler Hulk Hogan.

By the time Davidson negotiated hush money payments for McDougal and Daniels, Bove asked Davidson whether he was “pretty well versed in coming right up to the line without committing extortion, right?”

“I had familiarized myself with the law,” Davidson replied.

https://apnews.com/article/hush-money-trial-new-fines-testimony-trump-fe6995afbc96650b67f46d813ab05f06

All that beeing said mr trump is the master of extortion that’s his go to playbook when he doesn’t get what he wants.kinda humorous to think he’s trying to cry about that here.hey Jerry I thought you said no trump family could come support him guess Eric did but heck what do I know I’m just a concerned American…..

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Eric Trump maybe got approval from the Judge. *

Trump is not on trial for extortion. But other than bookkeeping, the Prosecution still hasn't said what was the (an)other crime.

* 6.03. Exclusion of Witnesses
(1) Subject to subdivision two, a court may exclude a
witness from a courtroom prior to the time the witness
is anticipated to testify in that proceeding.

https://nycourts.gov/JUDGES/evidence/6-WITNESSES/6.03_EXCLUSION OF WITNESSES.pdf

Edited by jerrymahoney

Shake-down allegations and another contempt hearing highlight 10th day of Trump’s trial
Prosecutors said Trump was creating an “air of menace.” Trump’s defense team suggested a key witness was an extortionist.

05/02/2024 08:55 PM EDT

On the Hogan sex tape, Bove asked Davidson if he had been investigated for extortion by federal and state authorities. “That’s true,” he responded.

The Trump attorney then pressed Davidson on whether he had familiarized himself with extortion law so that he wouldn’t break the law as he navigated the Daniels deal in 2016. “I had familiarized myself with the law. I’m a lawyer,” Davidson said.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/05/02/trump-hush-money-trial-day-10-00155912

4 hours ago, Walker88 said:

"it depends on what the meaning of 'is' is".

Step aside, Bill Clinton. You've been one upped.

Witness denied 'a romantic sexual relationship' with Stormy and trump. Prosecution got 'romantic' taken away, and asked again.

Witness denied 'a sexual relationship' with Stormy and trump. Prosecution got 'relationship' taken away, and asked again.

"One night stand" held. Thus, this first witness is alleging trump lied.

Stormy takes the stand soon. Also Karen McDougal. If prosecution can get the jury to believe trump lied about both affairs, and both were done at the time wifey #3 was recovering from the birth of the boy trump now screams "UNFAIR" because he (lied) and said the judge won't let him attend the HS graduation of the kid, the jury impression of trump is going to keep sinking.

When the jury sees trump as the sleazeball he is, getting them to accept the prosecution link of the payoffs/accounting as a felony will be easier.

One other thing....poor little trump whines about having to sit in a 'cold' courtroom all day. Apparently he has zero sympathy for jurors, witnesses and court officials sitting in the same room all day solely because of trump's actions.  "Me Me Me" Everything is always and only about poor little trump.

You described an egomaniac narcist. That he is, as also wonderful described by his niece in her book.👍

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Walker88 said:

"it depends on what the meaning of 'is' is".

Step aside, Bill Clinton. You've been one upped.

Witness denied 'a romantic sexual relationship' with Stormy and trump. Prosecution got 'romantic' taken away, and asked again.

Witness denied 'a sexual relationship' with Stormy and trump. Prosecution got 'relationship' taken away, and asked again.

"One night stand" held. Thus, this first witness is alleging trump lied.

Stormy takes the stand soon. Also Karen McDougal. If prosecution can get the jury to believe trump lied about both affairs, and both were done at the time wifey #3 was recovering from the birth of the boy trump now screams "UNFAIR" because he (lied) and said the judge won't let him attend the HS graduation of the kid, the jury impression of trump is going to keep sinking.

When the jury sees trump as the sleazeball he is, getting them to accept the prosecution link of the payoffs/accounting as a felony will be easier.

One other thing....poor little trump whines about having to sit in a 'cold' courtroom all day. Apparently he has zero sympathy for jurors, witnesses and court officials sitting in the same room all day solely because of trump's actions.  "Me Me Me" Everything is always and only about poor little trump.

do you think Trump and Harry Weinstein crossed paths?..i certainly hope so!

• Confused 1

Reading the title, I assumed that the whole tRump family had used the services of Stormy, or maybe just a big, nice family orgy. tRump has hinted before what he wants to do with his daughter(s)...
Nothing low and disgusting is beyond this guy!

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Just a few conclusions so far, first of all Trump's original argument that he never had sex with that woman is about as credible as Clinton's argument in regard to Lewinsky.

The second aspect of this is that when Stormy takes the stand all she has to do is provide a very graphic description of his unit and then have a member of the court examine it, as it appears by her description, to be one of the most peculiar organs ever seen by modern man. It would immediately disprove his defense that he never got with her. 

I'm just wondering how Trump's defense attorneys could possibly skate around that one. The prosecution would no doubt want to open up that line of questioning.

Can Trump take the Fifth on dropping his pants?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I'm just wondering how Trump's defense attorneys could possibly skate around that one.

Hearsay. Someone else told her.

Trump divorced Marla Maples June 8, 1999

Melania and Donald Trump married in January 22, 2005

6 years to have non-adulterous sex.

Edited by jerrymahoney

DEFAMATION LAWSUIT

Daniels filed a 2018 defamation lawsuit against Trump in federal court over a Twitter post in which he accused her of a "con job" after she described being threatened over publicizing her account of the alleged sexual encounter. A Los Angeles-based federal judge decided in 2018 that Trump's remarks were not defamatory and were protected by the U.S. Constitution's First Amendment's guarantee of free speech. The judge's decision was upheld on appeal. The U.S. Supreme Court in 2021 declined to review the matter.

Daniels has said an unknown man approached her and her infant daughter in 2011 in a Las Vegas parking lot and made threats after she agreed to talk in a media interview about her relationship with Trump.

In 2018, Daniels released a sketch of the man. Trump responded on Twitter to the release of the sketch, writing: "A sketch years later about a nonexistent man. A total con job, playing the Fake News Media for Fools (but they know it)!"

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/who-is-stormy-daniels-what-did-she-say-happened-with-trump-2024-02-15/

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I'm just wondering how Trump's defense attorneys could possibly skate around that one. The prosecution would no doubt want to open up that line of questioning.

Can Trump take the Fifth on dropping his pants?

I exercise the right to remain silent and not to  incriminate myself. I know I am facing Stormy weather. And I hope she does not offer up a description of my package. It is beyond bizarre, and truly one of a kind. I guess that would prove something, am I correct, your honor? 

In the past, lies and dishonesty have always worked for me. I guess silence is the best I can do this time. 

Edited by spidermike007

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Just a few conclusions so far, first of all Trump's original argument that he never had sex with that woman is about as credible as Clinton's argument in regard to Lewinsky.

The second aspect of this is that when Stormy takes the stand all she has to do is provide a very graphic description of his unit and then have a member of the court examine it, as it appears by her description, to be one of the most peculiar organs ever seen by modern man. It would immediately disprove his defense that he never got with her. 

Size matters!