Restaurants

3 hours ago, torturedsole said:

So are you saying there're singers in the food court? 

in the weekends yes.. and singers??? boys from school who think they can sing

27 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

What does your wife feel?

A little bit of everything at time, though concentrating on the important parts 😎

21 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

We like to go out for dinner, but it seems impossible nowadays to find a restaurant that doesn't have singers or too loud music. It seems to be impossible to eat in a quiet place. 

Even in some shopping malls there are singers in a foodmarket...but that is not a place too for a diner in some atmosphere.. Are more people struggling with this? It keeps me at home

Not saying there are no other options I agree 100% percent. This is really an annoying and rather maddening nonsense, which you find in more and more restautants and bars today. The louder the more Sanuk. The sheer level of noise prevents any sensible conversation. Seems Thais are afraid to talk to each other. Worst place here in Hua Hin is the well-known Baan Khun Por place, where you have to shout to each other with full force just to say simple things. It's so sickening.

The Thais never complain, it is part of there culture. The restaurant owner thinks when he plays laud music it makes the guests feel well. The louder the more Sanuk. I wouldn't mind some nice background music, but why restaurants have to be turned into live performance shows I will never understand.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

We like to go out for dinner, but it seems impossible nowadays to find a restaurant that doesn't have singers or too loud music. It seems to be impossible to eat in a quiet place. 

Even in some shopping malls there are singers in a foodmarket...but that is not a place too for a diner in some atmosphere.. Are more people struggling with this? It keeps me at home

Very effective are noise reducing/cancelling headphones. 🙏

1 minute ago, rwill said:

The noodle restaurants usually don't have music.

or ambiance ... 

... "..but that is not a place too for a diner in some atmosphere.. "

I can handle live or recorded music within reason, but what I cannot tolerate is peoples badly behaved screaming kids, running around and creating a nuisance.

I was in a restaurant recently, and on an adjacent table was a large family with a couple of noisey brats , one of which was constantly screaming at the top of its voice , and as usual none of adults even attempted to shut it up. Then a kid on a table on the other side of the room decides to copy it, screaming at a pitch that must have been close to being able to shatter glass, this appeared to delight both sets of parents who for the next half hour actively encouraged their brats to scream at each other across the room, even commenting on how clever their offspring were.. Even when the little monsters grew tired of this , their respective parents started screaming themselves in a (successful) attempt to encourage them to continue. Oh what fun they were having.

The restaurant staff / management, unsurprisingly,  did absolutely nothing to help the situation either. I thought about complaining , but what would have been the point, I would instantly have become the bad guy.   So I paid up and left, the rest of the customers were starting to do the same as I walked out.    

kids under 10 should be banned from places like this, and don't even get me started about long haul flights,  what sort of idiot takes a 2 year old on a 10 hour flight, and why do they always end up sat close to me?

31 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I can handle live or recorded music within reason, but what I cannot tolerate is peoples badly behaved screaming kids, running around and creating a nuisance.

I was in a restaurant recently, and on an adjacent table was a large family with a couple of noisey brats , one of which was constantly screaming at the top of its voice , and as usual none of adults even attempted to shut it up. Then a kid on a table on the other side of the room decides to copy it, screaming at a pitch that must have been close to being able to shatter glass, this appeared to delight both sets of parents who for the next half hour actively encouraged their brats to scream at each other across the room, even commenting on how clever their offspring were.. Even when the little monsters grew tired of this , their respective parents started screaming themselves in a (successful) attempt to encourage them to continue. Oh what fun they were having.

The restaurant staff / management, unsurprisingly,  did absolutely nothing to help the situation either. I thought about complaining , but what would have been the point, I would instantly have become the bad guy.   So I paid up and left, the rest of the customers were starting to do the same as I walked out.    

kids under 10 should be banned from places like this, and don't even get me started about long haul flights,  what sort of idiot takes a 2 year old on a 10 hour flight, and why do they always end up sat close to me?

It shows the lack of education by the parents....Our parents taught is how to behave in public, school, at home... but here the parents as shown don't care.. Same near my place there is a ricesoup shop and the youngest one is screaming as talking we can litteraly hear every word she screams....

But nobody tells her the talk softly and she is already in her twenties.... No clue what they are doing

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

It shows the lack of education by the parents....Our parents taught is how to behave in public, school, at home... but here the parents as shown don't care.. Same near my place there is a ricesoup shop and the youngest one is screaming as talking we can litteraly hear every word she screams....

But nobody tells her the talk softly and she is already in her twenties.... No clue what they are doing

Its not just here in Thailand. Its the same in the UK and presumably  all over the rest of the world.  I think its a generational thing, I put it down to a lack of discipline of and by the parents

23 hours ago, saintdomingo said:
On 5/5/2024 at 11:42 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

Indeed we are, so much more refined than " 'kin shlte".  

I thought you said you're not from Liverpool. England.

Your thought was correct.

3 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Its not just here in Thailand. Its the same in the UK and presumably  all over the rest of the world.  I think its a generational thing, I put it down to a lack of discipline of and by the parents

Agree. Or in many cases, parent.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/5/2024 at 9:55 AM, ikke1959 said:

sorry missed your post, Petchaburi 

Edited by kingstonkid

Posted (edited)
On 5/6/2024 at 10:06 AM, ikke1959 said:

Manners and what we were taught as kids have long gone with corporal punishment and parents being responsible. SORRY.

This is ot just a Thai problem but a problem in almost every country.  

Edited by kingstonkid