Tensions as IDF Orders Evacuation of Parts of Rafah Amidst Threat of Ground Invasion

19 hours ago, eisfeld said:

No I'm not saying that and I don't know why you suggest I would have. Al Jazeera is not the Thaiger 🙂 But it's really easy to spin facts and present information in misleading ways. Nobody is denying the destruction and I've critized Israel for it. That doesn't change the fact that 1. Qatar supports Hamas and 2. Al Jazeera is the "soft power" broadcast of Qatar. You should take anything they distribute with the understanding that they are not exactly unbiased.

Given the blatant bias of western media to israel, perhaps Al Jazeera needs to balance the books a bit. Anyway, they have no shortage of western experts willing to condemn israel for its crimes.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2024 at 12:28 AM, eisfeld said:

Why is no one asking the question of why Hamas is not giving up even though they have zero chance of winning the war and are fully aware of the massive pain they are causing to their own people? Why are the palestinians not trying to put an end to this Hamas madness? If they want to play the victim card then maybe stop firing rockets and doing random attacks? It's such an absurd situation. But I guess that's what you get after being indoctrinated with hate from small.

Simple.

a/ they will likely never surrender because they know how they will be treated if they do.

b/ They have forced israel to back down on it's intent to deny any food water, fuel etc into Gaza, and they even got to the stage of signing a ceasefire agreement that gives israel little of what they want ( IMO the destruction of Gaza so all the Palestinians have to leave ).

c/ They are winning the propaganda war, and millions that used to ignore the Palestinians, or support the israelis, are now demonstrating in support of Palestinians.

Israel may win the conflict, but they have lost the support of much of the world community ( except for the so called "leaders" in western countries  )

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/7/2024 at 12:28 AM, eisfeld said:

Why is no one asking the question of why Hamas is not giving up even though they have zero chance of winning the war and are fully aware of the massive pain they are causing to their own people?

It just occurred to me that the same question could be asked of Zelensky. So, if the Ukrainians are not giving up, why should Hamas?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It just occurred to me that the same question could be asked of Zelensky. So, if the Ukrainians are not giving up, why should Hamas?

Bizarre.......:saai:

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Isn't that blatantly obvious? I'm not sure if you are pulling my leg here but giving you the benefit of the doubt: Ukraine has a chance to win and is not putting massive pain on their population in contrast to Hamas. The two situations are nothing alike apart from both being a war.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/6/2024 at 6:40 PM, Social Media said:

a dramatic escalation of tensions, the Israeli army has issued orders for tens of thousands of residents in the southern Gaza city of Rafah to evacuate, raising fears

Since when has Israel had the right to tell Gazans what to do? 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Since when has Israel had the right to tell Gazans what to do? 

Would you rather they stay in the war zone, we know Hamas would to be human shields?

On 5/9/2024 at 2:13 PM, eisfeld said:

You can't trust AL Jazeera. They are the mouth piece of the Qatari government who is supporting and housing Hamas. That's like getting the news from some Israeli news station. Wouldn't trust that one either.

What about CNN or the other Yank ones tradionally owned by Jews. 

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

What about CNN or the other Yank ones tradionally owned by Jews. 

It's not clear but are you saying CNN is owned by Jews? It's owned by Warner Bros which is a public company and I'm not seeing majority jewish ownership. Anyways I don't consume CNN and wouldn't recommend it for other reasons. If they got a TV station that broadcasts 24/7  with talking heads then it's usually not for me as they are spinning stuff and bringing lots of opinion instead of facts. Reuters is usually pretty decent. Anything that leans left or right is out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

It's not clear but are you saying CNN is owned by Jews? It's owned by Warner Bros which is a public company and I'm not seeing majority jewish ownership. Anyways I don't consume CNN and wouldn't recommend it for other reasons. If they got a TV station that broadcasts 24/7  with talking heads then it's usually not for me as they are spinning stuff and bringing lots of opinion instead of facts. Reuters is usually pretty decent. Anything that leans left or right is out.

I agree, 

CNN is owned by AT&T, whose CEO is Jewish. 

The original Warner Bros were Jewish. 

On 5/11/2024 at 1:19 PM, eisfeld said:

Isn't that blatantly obvious? I'm not sure if you are pulling my leg here but giving you the benefit of the doubt: Ukraine has a chance to win and is not putting massive pain on their population in contrast to Hamas. The two situations are nothing alike apart from both being a war.

LOL. Ukraine IMO has no more chance of winning than Hamas does.

You claim that there is no massive pain on Ukrainians- tell that to the thousands of dead Ukrainians.

• Confused 1