Replacing a Samsung battery

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Do Samsung repair centers do this on the spot? Or do you have to return at a later date?

I don't know about Samsung authorized repair centers, but the guys I've used in MBK and Fortune Town had it done in 15-30 minutes.  Part of that was to walk down to a nearby stockroom to get the battery, the rest was doing the deed.  I just wandered around a little and came back to a repaired phone.

Edit:  I'm assuming it's a phone.  I've never dealt with Samsung tablets, etc.

Edited by impulse

1 minute ago, impulse said:

I don't know about Samsung authorized repair centers, but the guys I've used in MBK and Fortune Town had it done in 15-30 minutes.  Part of that was to walk down to a nearby stockroom to get the battery, the rest was doing the deed.  I just wandered around a little and came back to a repaired phone.

Thanks for the reply. I was worried that any guarantees on the phone would be voided. Given that the phone is already over a year old, maybe there aren't any guarantees to worry about? 

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Thanks for the reply. I was worried that any guarantees on the phone would be voided. Given that the phone is already over a year old, maybe there aren't any guarantees to worry about? 

It's probably a small risk.  But I've never had a problem with a Samsung phone that I didn't cause by swimming with it in my pocket.  Usually, falling out of the boat.  I lost 2 Samsung phones that way.   My first smartphone was a Samsung S2, and it still works great. (Back when they had replaceable batteries and I've gone through a half dozen)    In fact, I wish they'd make another one that small.

Just now, impulse said:

It's probably a small risk.  But I've never had a problem with a Samsung phone that I didn't cause by swimming with it in my pocket.  Usually, falling out of the boat.  I lost 2 Samsung phones that way.   My first smartphone was a Samsung S2, and it still works great. (Back when they had replaceable batteries and I've gone through a half dozen)    In fact, I wish they'd make another one that small.

I guess I'll take the small chance.

Posted (edited)

If wanting Samsung battery, would probably need to use their service center, if even available, depending on age of phone.   Could search Google and see if you could find the battery, if not, you'll probably have to use one of the phone repair shops anyway. 

Any luck and one of these vendors will be a Samsung flagship or official store:

https://www.priceza.com/s/ราคา/samsung-replacement-battery

Edited by KhunLA

My Samsung S10 phone is on its third battery, both replacements were performed at a kiosk in a shopping mall, not by an authorized Samsung repair facility. 

No problems so far, except that even the original Samsung battery that came with the phone when new only lasted about two years before it expanded to the point of forcing the case apart. The first replacement did the same. I'm still on the second replacement.

4 minutes ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

My Samsung S10 phone is on its third battery, both replacements were performed at a kiosk in a shopping mall, not by an authorized Samsung repair facility. 

No problems so far, except that even the original Samsung battery that came with the phone when new only lasted about two years before it expanded to the point of forcing the case apart. The first replacement did the same. I'm still on the second replacement.

Yea, that's not good, the battery.   My phone, POCO was released / purchased ~1.5 yrs after your Samsung was relesed, and still going strong on the original battery.  A bit larger also at 5160mAH vs 3400mAh.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi . I am also looking to replace my Samsung Galaxy A52 battery but not sure it is easy to find a repair shop which will use a genuine Samsung replacement rather than a cheap fake.

Can anyone recommend someone reliable at Fortune Town who is trustworthy and can assist me?

Cheers