DOJ Seeks 40-Year Sentence for Pelosi's Husband's Attacker

14 minutes ago, impulse said:

Had he assaulted any normal citizen, he'd be walking within a few months in that part of California, if they prosecuted him at all. 

The current verdict was for federal charges

November 17, 2023, 4:08 AM

DePape, 43, was arrested at the scene and subsequently charged with attempted kidnapping and assault on account of a federal official's performance of official duties. The charges carry a maximum sentence of 20 years and 30 years, respectively, in prison. He has pleaded not guilty.

DePape also faces state charges in the incident. He pleaded not guilty to state charges including attempted murder, residential burglary and assault with a deadly weapon. A state trial date has not yet been scheduled.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/paul-pelosi-hammer-attack-federal-trial-verdict/story?id=104879502

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

The current verdict was for federal charges

November 17, 2023, 4:08 AM

DePape, 43, was arrested at the scene and subsequently charged with attempted kidnapping and assault on account of a federal official's performance of official duties. The charges carry a maximum sentence of 20 years and 30 years, respectively, in prison. He has pleaded not guilty.

DePape also faces state charges in the incident. He pleaded not guilty to state charges including attempted murder, residential burglary and assault with a deadly weapon. A state trial date has not yet been scheduled.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/paul-pelosi-hammer-attack-federal-trial-verdict/story?id=104879502

Who was performing an official duty in their home?  Once again proving my point.  They have laws and enforcement to protect themselves, but not the public.  Had he assaulted any normal Joe Schmoe in a home invasion, he'd be out by now.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just a reminder that posts using derogatory nicknames or intentional misspelling of people’s names  will be removed.  If you don’t want your post to be removed, spell people’s names correctly.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

might be worth going back to revisit what posters had to say at the time about the motives of this attack, who the attacker was and why he was at the Pelosi home.

Remind ourselves of the crackpot filth so easily swallowed some amongst us.

Bingo we got one:

14 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

What became of those allegations about some gay sex occurring or something ?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Bingo we got one:

I was asking a question about whether the allegations were true or not .

Was it his boyfriend or was it a male prostitute going back to retrieve his telephone  ? 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

What a ridiculous question given that the perpetrator has already been tried and convicted in open court of law.

Unless of course we view your question through the knowledge of the crackpot conspiracy nonsense swallowed by so many on the political right.

I haven't been following the case and havent read about the Court case , I just recall hearing about an ex boyfriend breaking in or something 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I was asking a question about whether the allegations were true or not .

Was it his boyfriend or was it a male prostitute going back to retrieve his telephone  ? 

I believe that was never proven beyond a reasonable doubt. 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Existing records do not show Paul Pelosi’s alleged attacker David DePape told investigators they engaged in sexual relations and argued over drugs

You can sure bet that they want to settle rather than have him talk about that in court. I can see a shank coming

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I believe that was never proven beyond a reasonable doubt. 

It was never proven beyond a reasonable doubt that D Trump fathered Ivanka's daughter or that the moon is made of cheese. 

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, amexpat said:

It was never proven beyond a reasonable doubt that D Trump fathered Ivanka's daughter or that the moon is made of cheese. 

Maybe you could save such a comment for a relevant thread?

• Sad 1