Body at the lake.

Georgealbert

Posted (edited)

Seems it was a not quiet Saturday night at Lake Mabrachan.

The body of a ,suspected kidnapped, 34-year-old Korean man, was found in one of the ponds near the lake. The body was found dumped in a black dustbin, which had been filled with concrete. He had been missing for a reported 9 days, after arriving in Thailand on 30 April.

Translation of Thai media report.

“His Thai wife last saw him on May 2, 2024, at a pub in the RCA area. When examining the CCTV, it was found that on May 3, 2024, at approximately 2:00 a.m., two Korean men approached and took him away in a car. Upon inspection, it was found that the car in question was a rental car. The car was seen heading towards Pattaya Before changing the new rental car to a pickup truck and renting a place to stay near Mab Prachan Reservoir, Pattaya, later on May 4, around 9:00 p.m., the pickup truck drove away from the place. There is a black cloth covering the back of the pickup truck. The police then checked the CCTV footage. It was found that the vehicle had bought a black plastic bucket and rope at the store to prepare. Police then proceeded with their investigation and found that the pickup truck had parked in the Mab Prachan Reservoir area for approximately 1 hour before returning to the residence.

The 2 culprits, can be identified, 1 of whom has already fled the country on May 9, 2024, while the other 1 there is no departures record yet. They are being tracked down for further investigation and prosecution. “

IMG_2719.png

IMG_2718.png

Edited by Georgealbert
  • Sad 2

Hey, at least the police used available CCTV and investigated to fairly quickly determine what happened to this Korean any idea on a why they did it?  Poor guy, couldn't even relax here in Thailand.  Wonder if they will ever catch the murderers.

1 minute ago, Presnock said:

Hey, at least the police used available CCTV and investigated to fairly quickly determine what happened to this Korean any idea on a why they did it?  Poor guy, couldn't even relax here in Thailand.  Wonder if they will ever catch the murderers.

Sorry amended my post as you posted.

Added more I found reported “The 2 culprits, can be identified, 1 of whom has already fled the country on May 9, 2024, while the other 1 there is no departures record yet. They are being tracked down for further investigation and prosecution. “

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

Seems it was a not quiet Saturday night at Lake Mabrachan.

The body of a ,suspected kidnapped, 34-year-old Korean man, was found in one of the ponds near the lake. The body was found dumped in a black dustbin, which had been filled with concrete. He had been missing for a reported 9 days, after arriving in Thailand on 30 April.

Translation of Thai media report.

“His Thai wife last saw him on May 2, 2024, at a pub in the RCA area. When examining the CCTV, it was found that on May 3, 2024, at approximately 2:00 a.m., two Korean men approached and took him away in a car. Upon inspection, it was found that the car in question was a rental car. The car was seen heading towards Pattaya Before changing the new rental car to a pickup truck and renting a place to stay near Mab Prachan Reservoir, Pattaya, later on May 4, around 9:00 p.m., the pickup truck drove away from the place. There is a black cloth covering the back of the pickup truck. The police then checked the CCTV footage. It was found that the vehicle had bought a black plastic bucket and rope at the store to prepare. Police then proceeded with their investigation and found that the pickup truck had parked in the Mab Prachan Reservoir area for approximately 1 hour before returning to the residence.

The 2 culprits, can be identified, 1 of whom has already fled the country on May 9, 2024, while the other 1 there is no departures record yet. They are being tracked down for further investigation and prosecution. “

IMG_2719.png

IMG_2718.png

No link provided.
There is an English version of this report which I have but not posting it as I'm not the OP.

As this is a local (Thailand) report, it will soon be posted by AN

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, anchadian said:

No link provided.
There is an English version of this report which I have but not posting it as I'm not the OP.

As this is a local (Thailand) report, it will soon be posted by AN

I have not posted any link, as it is all in Thai language and mostly from social media.

Post you link, news on the internet is meant to be current, not like we used to have to read a newspaper, with the news being days later.

• Confused 1