60 day e-visa application cancelled. What next?

I received a no-reply email telling me that my 60-day visa application has been cancelled. On the e-visa website I can't find any way to find out why. Any ideas on how to get this information?

The application was submitted to the Thai Embassy in Rome as I'm an Italian resident.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, purplesage said:

I received a no-reply email telling me that my 60-day visa application has been cancelled. On the e-visa website I can't find any way to find out why. Any ideas on how to get this information?

That's disappointing. Recently I applied for eVisa to Vietnam and received back that my application omitted my middle name and for me to provide that change to application.

Point is I had advice how to fix the issue. 

How long do you plan to visit Thailand.

A plan B could be to exit visa exempt+ extension+ border run for second visa exempt entry..

• Like 1

I plan to visit Thailand for 43 days. My plan B is to spend a few days in Singapore in the middle of this period and use visa exempt entries. Without knowing why the application was cancelled, I won't apply again for a 60-day visa, partly because time is running short ahead of my trip.

I do visit Thailand often, but always arriving by air from Italy, and never using back-to-back entries, so I don't think the application could have been cancelled because I spend too much time in the country. 

Airlines almost always ask me to show them an onward ticket within 30 days if I opt for visa exempt. I know you can get onward flight tickets that are cancelled for around $15, but I'm not averse to spending a few days in Singapore.

What niggles me is being unable to get any feedback on why the application was cancelled.

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, purplesage said:

What niggles me is being unable to get any feedback on why the application was cancelled.

That's understandable, however as you point out "time is running out" 

The rent a ticket works.

The trip to Singapore would mean another visa exempt entry via air.

It's wouldn't be an issue.

IMO you are making simple into not simple. 

1 hour ago, purplesage said:

Contact them via an answerable email for an explanation.

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, purplesage said:

I haven't been able to find an answerable email.

Normally they can reject your application if you make some common mistake, wrong info ecc.

Edited by Jack1988
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, purplesage said:

I haven't been able to find an answerable email.

Try to see if you can call or email the local embassy that handles the application.

12 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

What they answered you? Normally they can reject your application if you make some common mistake, wrong info ecc.

They didn't answer because he found no email to contact them and didn't provide any reason in the rejection email (which one cannot answer to as it's a no-reply address).

• Sad 1

My friend didn't have any issues when he applied for a tourist e/visa. The embassy approved it within 7 days. Maybe the op made some mistakes with the online application

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

This is the third time I've applied for an e-visa via the Rome embassy. The first two applications were successful. I may well have made a mistake this time round. I'll contact the embassy as suggested.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, purplesage said:

The first two applications were successful. I may well have made a mistake this time round. I'll contact the embassy as suggested

Excellent. Thread closed

• Confused 1