Best place to sell the second hand car

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Facebook marketplace 

100%....   

I've sold my last three cars and two motorcyles on FB Market place... 

The only issue with selling... its that you get a LOT of people asking "is it still available"... (which is an auto reply)... 

Then you get a lot of time-wasters... asking for silly discounts etc... some even getting upset about it...  

Or... the person who does't read the full add and asks loads of questions already answered in the add.

Or.. the person who just asks loads of questions, negotiates, agrees the price and then just disappears !!!.. 

But.. thats part and parcel of selling something - people seem to think because they are the purchaser they hold some sort of addition power.. is weird... 

BUT.. FB Market Place will expose you to the most potential buyers.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

100%....   

I've sold my last three cars and two motorcyles on FB Market place... 

The only issue with selling... its that you get a LOT of people asking "is it still available"... (which is an auto reply)... 

Then you get a lot of time-wasters... asking for silly discounts etc... some even getting upset about it...  

Or... the person who does't read the full add and asks loads of questions already answered in the add.

Or.. the person who just asks loads of questions, negotiates, agrees the price and then just disappears !!!.. 

But.. thats part and parcel of selling something - people seem to think because they are the purchaser they hold some sort of addition power.. is weird... 

BUT.. FB Market Place will expose you to the most potential buyers.

Yep last year when i sold my Honda Click, i had 30 messages, the low ballers just get ignored

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

Try it on Facebook or trade it in🙏

Trade it in for... ????

Trade it in for a new car at the dealership you mean ???... If so... Dealerships in Thailand offer appallingly low trade in values and often only accept the 'same brand'.... 

I did ask similar when purchasing a new car...    I asked them if they'd accept a trade in (same brand), they would but I was shocked at the lowballing... about 70% of the cars value...     The 'tents' aren't much better...  they may offer about 80% of the value you could sell the same vehicle for privately. 

Facebook Market Place is most definitely the place to sell if the Op wants the best price.

4 minutes ago, ujayujay said:

I sold my Mazda 2 with Bathsold within 2 Weeks, easy.

Baht&Sold has a very limited Audience...      just expats really and thats missing a huge proportion of the population.

By all means list and item there...   but don't go exclusively with that IMO...   

List in as many places as possible... 

... and also watch out for people trying to 're-list the car...   (acting as middle men to make some cash).

22 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yep last year when i sold my Honda Click, i had 30 messages, the low ballers just get ignored

I recall having a couple of Westerners getting quite upset with me because I wasn't interested in their low-ball offer... 

I was selling my car for 3 MB... and I recall one Westerner offering about 2.2 Million Baht... I just said nope, too low... 

He wanted to negotiate and I told him not from that starting point...  He got angry, and started telling me I don't know how to do business and I should learn business 101...  he flooded me with angry messages !!... 

The car sold within a couple of weeks for 2.95 MB.

With another car, another westerner got angry and was rude after I rejected his lowball offer....   I told him even if he offered me the asking price he can go F himself... he's not getting the car !!... 

There are some very entitled people when trying to sell something - it goes with the territory I suppose, but some can get nasty... 

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I recall having a couple of Westerners getting quite upset with me because I wasn't interested in their low-ball offer... 

I was selling my car for 3 MB... and I recall one Westerner offering about 2.2 Million Baht... I just said nope, too low... 

He wanted to negotiate and I told him not from that starting point...  He got angry, and started telling me I don't know how to do business and I should learn business 101...  he flooded me with angry messages !!... 

The car sold within a couple of weeks for 2.95 MB.

With another car, another westerner got angry and was rude after I rejected his lowball offer....   I told him even if he offered me the asking price he can go F himself... he's not getting the car !!... 

There are some very entitled people when trying to sell something - it goes with the territory I suppose, but some can get nasty... 

Don't you know how to block people on social media. I would have done that as soon as I got one shirty message. Easy life.

1 minute ago, Speedhump said:

Don't you know how to block people on social media. I would have done that as soon as I got one shirty message. Easy life.

Yup - they got blocked after proving themselves to be diyakheads..