Bangkok Bank QR scan charged to my credit card.

Normally when I scan a QR code to pay, the payment is a direct debit from my savings account.

I noticed since April 26 some, but not all payments were charged to my Bangkok Bank credit card.

This is something new and I don't remember changing any settings on the bank app.

The charges were from different stores. Fascino, HomePro, Power Buy etc.

Anyone has the same experience?

At some point in the scan/pay process you will have the choice to change the account to be debited. In the case of KBank for example it is immediately after the scan.  Have you checked what the default account is? 

• Like 1

Not me. When using the app there is a place to choose what account you want to pay from.  You need to choose your bank account not your credit card.

• Like 1

It's a new to Bangkok Bank feature previously available on K Bank

when scanning, you have to select which accounts you are paying from

and in case of credit card, the merchant has to set up to accept credit cards via QR scanning too

• Like 1

1 minute ago, digbeth said:

It's a new to Bangkok Bank feature previously available on K Bank

when scanning, you have to select which accounts you are paying from

and in case of credit card, the merchant has to set up to accept credit cards via QR scanning too

Yeah, this changed recently. Annoyingly mine defaults to credit card and I don't even have a Bangkok bank credit card, so I have to change it to direct debit manually on each transaction. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Yeah, this changed recently. Annoyingly mine defaults to credit card and I don't even have a Bangkok bank credit card, so I have to change it to direct debit manually on each transaction. 

You may have a problem with your settings in the app.  Mine goes straight to direct debit without my doing anything.

8 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

You may have a problem with your settings in the app.  Mine goes straight to direct debit without my doing anything.

Yeah, I have been through all the settings but can't see anywhere to select a default. Weird that it defaults to credit card when I don't have one.

23 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Yeah, I have been through all the settings but can't see anywhere to select a default. Weird that it defaults to credit card when I don't have one.

Settings, Transfer and payment, preferred account

1 hour ago, Dante99 said:

Settings, Transfer and payment, preferred account

Thanks, but I don't have any option like that. The closest thing is "preferred account" but that is greyed out as I only have one account.

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-16 at 19.24.11 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-16 at 19.24.11.jpeg

11 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Have you tested to talk to your bank. Just maybe, they can help you. 😉 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Have you tested to talk to your bank. Just maybe, they can help you. 😉 

Nah,  it's big enough of a deal to warrant a trip to the bank - I can live with it.

45 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Nah,  it's big enough of a deal to warrant a trip to the bank - I can live with it.

❤️You are truly a big and generous man with your time.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

❤️You are truly a big and generous man with your time.

Yes I am, I have better things to do. It is a minor irritation that necessitates me pressing on "debit" on my phone screen when I want to make an online payment. It takes me three seconds. As I said I can live with that.

If I happen to go to the bank for something else (that happens maybe once a year, max) I'll ask them, otherwise I'll live with it.

• Like 1