Eurozone Economy Trails Behind UK's Robust Growth in Q1

1 hour ago, transam said:

Well at least you found one thing to do a UK put-down on, which I am sure you will keep in your notebook as a reserve, as the UK moves ahead........😂

Are your rubber boat people working, or are you taking care of them with your tax money........🤭

Last year, only 30,000 'rubber boat people', 1,000,000 'legal' migrants. No wonder unemployment of British people is up. To much competition for the better jobs. still vacancies of minimum wage jobs, but all those University graduates were told they would find good well paid jobs..... ha ha ha.

Brexit keeps on giving .... only to the rich.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/18/2024 at 10:06 AM, rickudon said:

Last year, only 30,000 'rubber boat people', 1,000,000 'legal' migrants. No wonder unemployment of British people is up. To much competition for the better jobs. still vacancies of minimum wage jobs, but all those University graduates were told they would find good well paid jobs..... ha ha ha.

You're down on your luck then...........😢

On 5/17/2024 at 2:33 AM, JonnyF said:

Did it also lead to Germany's labour shortages?

https://www.reuters.com/markets/europe/germanys-shortage-workers-is-biggest-risk-growth-minister-says-2024-02-21/

I would argue a bigger factor in labour shortage is importing a load of unskilled immigrants while skilled professionals like me grow sick of the place and go and work for a multinational in Thailand where some semblance of sanity remains. 

Unskilled immigrants won't get visas.

4 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

The problem is many of those unemployed don't want to be workers.

Benefits are good and sofas are comfortable.

The problem is many of those unemployed are long term sick unable to get the medical care they need in a crumbling NHS.

But you’re alright Jack. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2023/08/15/long-term-sickness-26m-people-out-of-work-nhs-waiting-list/

Edited by Chomper Higgot

11 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The problem is many of those unemployed are long term sick unable to get the medical care they need in a crumbling NHS.

But you’re alright Jack. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2023/08/15/long-term-sickness-26m-people-out-of-work-nhs-waiting-list/

Yes. That "long term sick" excuse. It used to be called "bone idle".

11 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

But you’re alright Jack. 

"Crumbling NHS"..........😆

Where you come from you have to pay big money, insurance, eh....😥 

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

What on earth are you banging on about?

"Crumbling NHS", my chum has just gone back to the UK and is receiving important medical intervention on the NHS...

Crumbling NHS............🤣

Just a Tory bash comment, that we can ALL see.........:intheclub:

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Difficulty understanding the Telegraph article I linked?

“Long-term sickness forces record 2.6m people out of work as NHS waiting lists spiral”

Or is it just a matter of ‘I’m alright Jack’?

I don't recall speaking about my own circumstances. 

It's interesting that you know every one on sickness benefit is actually sick and can't work. Especially as I know people who are swinging the lead.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/18/2024 at 4:06 AM, rickudon said:

Nearly half of the one million are students. 10% are on family visas. Only about 300000 are work visas.

Those applying for a work visa need a job offer before applying. Jobs that have been advertised for anyone to apply. Immigration does not cause unemployment. Migrants are generally doing jobs UK nationals don't want to do. Health and social care being the biggest example.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I don't recall speaking about my own circumstances. 

It's interesting that you know every one on sickness benefit is actually sick and can't work. Especially as I know people who are swinging the lead.

It’s even more interesting that you swerve on the credible report of 2.6 million people out of work as a direct result of awaiting medical care that is not being delivered on time.

I’m sure you have lots of anecdotes.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, transam said:

"Crumbling NHS", my chum has just gone back to the UK and is receiving important medical intervention on the NHS...

Crumbling NHS............🤣

Just a Tory bash comment, that we can ALL see.........:intheclub:

Yet another ‘convenient’ anecdote, albeit enhanced with emojis.

inks to credible reports not being your thing.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Nearly half of the one million are students. 10% are on family visas. Only about 300000 are work visas.

Those applying for a work visa need a job offer before applying. Jobs that have been advertised for anyone to apply. Immigration does not cause unemployment. Migrants are generally doing jobs UK nationals don't want to do. Health and social care being the biggest example.

Correct.

It’s even more interesting that you swerve on the credible report of 2.6 million people out of work as a direct result of awaiting medical care that is not being delivered on time.

Concentrate more on the cost of your rubber boat people friends, turning up at hospitals..........:intheclub:

22 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Please show me a link to the individual reports of the whole 2.6 million. Just to prove all of them are genuinely sick and waiting treatment.

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/17/2024 at 3:46 PM, eisfeld said:

Completely misleading title and article. The UK had a much more massive decline the quarter before and are now on a rebound. The EU declined less so doesn't need a rebound of that size. Remember Growth is always relative. If you look at longer timeframes then the UK is massively lagging behind the EU. That's not from some EU source but the UK parliament. I hope the UK can step up its game. *looking awkwardly at Germany*.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Source https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn02784/

Off topic but I keep reading how Biden is senile! Seems to be doing fine.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just show me credible confirmation of your anecdote.

The link I provided is to a credible source, sorry you can’t deal with it.

Perhaps can't deal with your continuous anti-Brit stuff, the UK has moved forward after folk like said it will never happen.............:intheclub:

And don't ask me, "Where did I say that", because we all know, you know, if you post, it will be Anti-Brit......

Even the Brexit remainer crowd have gone quiet, haven't you........😂

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

On the bases of probability yes but I have no credible evidence of how many, and I doubt you do either.

Meanwhile I have provided a link to a credible source to back my statement wrt long term sick being kept out of work by NHS waiting lists.

Then tell your chums to get back in their boats and bugger off........:coffee1: