DWP pension problems

My State Pension has not been paid in over a year presumably because a Proof of Life form has not been submitted.  I say presumably as DWP refuses to answer my email enquiries merely giving me an International phone number.  As I have a chronic hearing disability, telephone conversations are well nigh impossible.

Does anyone know of an outlet for my frustrations; the name of the MP or such with oversight of this uncaring, arrogant Public Service.  I have sent a verified Proof of Life form & tracked it to the Birmingham office.

Posted (edited)

DWP will accept a letter or telephone call for change of details, i.e change of address or bank details, etc.

Ordinary queries they should respond by email.

If and when the relevant dept receives your correct and completed LC you will get your pension payment backdated from when it was stopped.

As you stated, you LC is in Birmingham then on to Wolverhampton.  When it arrives in WH it will be distributed to the relevant dept.

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1

On 18th. April I contacted International Pension Centre online ( https://secure.dwp.gov.uk/contact-the-international-pension-centre/contact-form ) to ask whether or not I'd been sent a LC for 2024. This is something I do most years, around April time since the crippled-snail mail they insist on using can take 2 months or more to arrive, and I've never failed to get a reply. On this occasion, the reply came a few days later to say that no LC had been sent this year.

After an interval of 2 weeks or so after returning a LC, I also send a message to the same address asking if it's been received. Post office tracking has, in the past, shown the letter to be stuck at a sorting office when, in reality, it has been successfully delivered. Once again, I've always received a reply.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mikebell said:

Thanks to both above; I've written to email addresses provided.  Martin L & ImageDude

Post Script: 

just received THREE replies from the 2 addresses provided above!  All monies are to be sent to my UK bank.  They've also explained how to get a full pension whilst I am on holiday in UK!  (In my case an extra 100 a week!)

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Very useful. Thanks

PS - 

you can claim ‘an increased rate of benefit whenever you are in the United Kingdom.’ Write to International DWP - (Wolverhampton):

‘We will need to know: your full name, date of birth and national insurance/pension reference number, the date you are arriving and the date you are leaving, your nationality, an address and telephone number where you will be staying during your visit.

• Thumbs Up 1

A few weeks back, I downloaded a LC form and sent it off, showing my new phone number and an address spelling mistake. I also emailed them with the same attached, just in case.

Couple of weeks later I got an SMS on my phone from them, which is a first, it said.....

DWP....         

We have processed your Life Certificate.

You do not need to contact us.

Great.......:clap2:

• Like 2