Biden Invokes Executive Privilege to Shield Interview Tapes from House Committees

Ahhhh only because Biden has nothing to hide but has such a strong love on the Constitution. 

Biden reminds me of the only other man on the planet who did no wrong....yes, it was Jesus wasn't it? But they nailed him to a cross. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, retarius said:

Ahhhh only because Biden has nothing to hide but has such a strong love on the Constitution. 

Biden reminds me of the only other man on the planet who did no wrong....yes, it was Jesus wasn't it? But they nailed him to a cross. 

I think it has as much to do with the number of words he's made up from the podium.  He says "frumplehump", but the WH transcript quotes it as "transitory".

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

Of course, GOP commissioners cannot be trusted. They have a track record of making up accusations, lying, and editing testimonies. Not to mention using discredited information! 😅

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, candide said:

Of course, GOP commissioners cannot be trusted. They have a track record of making up accusations, lying, and editing testimonies. Not to mention using discredited information! 😅

True. SO, in that case, the only safe thing to do is to release the entire tape, unedited and uncut, certified by the recording body. That way, any cuts or misuse would be obvious.

BUT, release it. To do otherwise looks like the Democrats have something to hide.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

True. SO, in that case, the only safe thing to do is to release the entire tape, unedited and uncut, certified by the recording body. That way, any cuts or misuse would be obvious.

BUT, release it. To do otherwise looks like the Democrats have something to hide.

Lol! As if it would prevent the right-wing from editing it, and diffusing it to the uninformed and the gullible! 😆

On 5/19/2024 at 5:03 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

I remember things that happened years ago better than what happened last week.  Short term memory loss is a normal part of aging and does not affect memory of long ago events.

I understand this to be generally true, however, as a student of history there are so many things I have learned in my studies long ago that I have forgotten. For example, only bits and pieces remain of the languages ... German, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, Czech. Still handy in the pub to order red wine in those languages and flirt a bit with the waitress so she will remember to bring the drinks. Ha!

On 5/19/2024 at 7:12 PM, JonnyF said:

Smart move by Joe.

He clearly has a lot to hide. The "forgetful Grandpa" defense is hardly convincing. 

Given the transcripts of his testimony are already published, what has he got to hide?

Since the dems in NY wrongfully convicted Trump ! The GOP

must force Garland and bidens WH

to turn over those Special Counsel 

Hur Tapes.

Nixon tried to get away with just giving Transcripts and the courts forced him!

• Agree 1

Since the dems in NY wrongfully convicted Trump ! The GOP

must force Garland and bidens WH

to turn over those Special Counsel 

Hur Tapes.

Nixon tried to get away with just giving Transcripts and the courts forced him!

And now the latest Cover up attempt!

”Doj fears AI tampering with biden-hur audio”

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/06/01/doj-ai-biden-hur-00161151

Posted (edited)
On 5/17/2024 at 5:03 PM, Wrwest said:

Unlike you or I when asked of something in our lives years ago ...?

He sure doesn't have a problem about reminiscing about the "good old days."

It's called selective memory.

Edited by Hawaiian
Additional comment.
  • Like 1

On 5/18/2024 at 12:03 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

I remember things that happened years ago better than what happened last week.  Short term memory loss is a normal part of aging and does not affect memory of long ago events.

Selective memory.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If the tapes were favourable to Biden would he try to cover them up? Obviously not, so we must assume that they portray him in a negative light.

the transcripts won't portray Joe one way or the other they will simply present the truth. The truth isn't pretty. This is why a man that has 34 felony convictions is still likely to win. lol I really hope that gets played up so if that hapoens that will be embarrassing to say the least. Joe should step aside as should trump. 

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

the transcripts won't portray Joe one way or the other they will simply present the truth. The truth isn't pretty. This is why a man that has 34 felony convictions is still likely to win. lol I really hope that gets played up so if that hapoens that will be embarrassing to say the least. Joe should step aside as should trump. 

I believe the transcripts were 'cleaned up' to remove certain vocabulary and utterances from the President. You know, no reason. Other than to try and hide the President's obvious trouble in answering questions clearly.

https://justthenews.com/government/courts-law/justice-department-says-bidens-classified-docs-interview-transcript-omitted

• Like 1

On 6/3/2024 at 2:29 AM, Hawaiian said:

He sure doesn't have a problem about reminiscing about the "good old days."

It's called selective memory.

Nor would I as I had a good childhood growing up in a blue collar, union family. But that is different from asking about specific events on specific dates ... well, at least it certainly would be for me.

Today the house will vote to hold 

bidens AG Garland in Contempt of Congress for refusing to honor a subpoena to hand over voice records!

The rub is similar to Nixon refusing to hand over the tapes during watergate which resulted in  Nixon resigning!

“Garland contempt resolution survives key hurdle, setting up House-wide vote”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/garland-contempt-resolution-survives-key-hurdle-setting-up-house-wide-vote

• Haha 2

On 6/12/2024 at 5:58 PM, riclag said:

Today the house will vote to hold 

bidens AG Garland in Contempt of Congress for refusing to honor a subpoena to hand over voice records!

The rub is similar to Nixon refusing to hand over the tapes during watergate which resulted in  Nixon resigning!

“Garland contempt resolution survives key hurdle, setting up House-wide vote”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/garland-contempt-resolution-survives-key-hurdle-setting-up-house-wide-vote

No news about bidens AG Garland being voted in Contempt of Congress!

SURPRISING FACT

Since 2008, Congress has held 10 people in contempt of Congress, including former Attorney Generals Eric Holder and William Barr, but the Justice Department has only indicted two of them: former Trump White House advisers Steve Bannon and Peter Navarro, who were convicted for refusing to comply with the House Jan. 6 committee’s probe.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/saradorn/2024/06/12/house-holds-merrick-garland-in-contempt-over-biden-tapes/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Gop house wants those tapes and they will do everything in their powers to get them from the biden crime family.
“My message is to Ag Garland ,you aren’t above the law”.

“My message to biden , you have no authority over Congress”.

5 hours ago, riclag said:

The Gop house wants those tapes and they will do everything in their powers to get them from the biden crime family.
“My message is to Ag Garland ,you aren’t above the law”.

“My message to biden , you have no authority over Congress”.

Lol! They already have the official transcript. 

And it's not like the GOP would ever have edited a video from political opponents (I.e. Biden) in order to smear them!

Oh wait! 😀

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

What has the head of the Biden crime family got to hide?

Quite a lot apparently. 

Turley has a good read today on the

biden crime family!

“Garland’s most brazenly political act has been the laughable executive privilege claim used to withhold the audiotape of the Hur-Biden interviews. The Justice Department has not claimed that the transcript is privileged, but only that the audiotape of Biden’s comments is privileged. This is so logically disconnected that even CNN hosts have mocked it .

https://thehill.com/opinion/criminal-justice/4722867-the-corruption-of-attorney-general-merrick-garland/

I think maybe Jake the Snake Tapper is preening for his
up and coming debate moderated show.
He’s so bias it pains me!

CNN’s Tapper slams Biden DOJ for withholding Hur Tapes: ‘No basis’

CNN anchor Jake Tapper criticized the U.S. Department of Justice on Wednesday for withholding audio tapes of Special Counsel Robert Hur’s interview with President Biden from Congress.

https://www.foxnews.com/video/6354948960112