Let the young ones build your new Desktop

One thing I observed along the way.

Unlike an Aircon, Refrigerator, or a table lamp, a computer gives each user a million excuses to complain about. I guess, it will be that till thy kingdom come!

37 minutes ago, ravip said:

Well... I guess, nothing is perfect on this planet. So lets whimper at every single thing that we come across along the pathway of life! Kind of makes lfe 'adventurous"  :smile:

It's not the every single thing, you see, a red herring. It's the aggregation of the many single things that ultimately makes Win 11 not worth adopting while less annoying, perfectly usable alternatives exist. Unless, of course, one regards, masochistically, the hassle of dealing with all the annoyances "an adventure." I guess many of us prefer to embark on more rewarding, less time-wasting, less boring adventures.

If that's your poor adventure, then have at it.

Note that Win 10 users don't come on the forum touting Win 10 or attacking Win 11 w/o provocation. Win 11 users, by contrast, feel a compelling need to come on here touting their hi tech, cutting edge choice of Win 11--for some reason, perhaps having impressed themselves with their own expertise.

Then it turns out that, under scrutiny, Win 11 ain't all that compelling after all. Sorry; way it is. Probably just a variation of the sunk cost fallacy that makes the news so unpleasant for you to hear.

Edited by BigStar

5 hours ago, BigStar said:

It's not the every single thing, you see, a red herring. It's the aggregation of the many single things that ultimately makes Win 11 not worth adopting while less annoying, perfectly usable alternatives exist. Unless, of course, one regards, masochistically, the hassle of dealing with all the annoyances "an adventure." I guess many of us prefer to embark on more rewarding, less time-wasting, less boring adventures.

If that's your poor adventure, then have at it.

Note that Win 10 users don't come on the forum touting Win 10 or attacking Win 11 w/o provocation. Win 11 users, by contrast, feel a compelling need to come on here touting their hi tech, cutting edge choice of Win 11--for some reason, perhaps having impressed themselves with their own expertise.

Then it turns out that, under scrutiny, Win 11 ain't all that compelling after all. Sorry; way it is. Probably just a variation of the sunk cost fallacy that makes the news so unpleasant for you to hear.

Up to you. Decide on your own theory and be happy. Everyone cannot be happy with every thing - each to his own...

54 minutes ago, ravip said:

Everyone cannot be happy with every thing - each to his own...

But that wasn't the topic. Nobody cares about your happiness. Now, after blowing a bit of smoke, you've learned that not everyone agrees with your claim that

On 6/11/2024 at 8:36 AM, ravip said:

There is absolutely no issues with Windows 11 Pro (Licensed).

In fact Win 11 has real issues as identified by countless knowledgeable users. So many issues have been identified that many users prefer to stay with 10. IF you read over the sources I gave you (doubtful), then you know what some of them are.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BigStar said:

But that wasn't the topic. Nobody cares about your happiness. Now, after blowing a bit of smoke, you've learned that not everyone agrees with your claim that

In fact Win 11 has real issues as identified by countless knowledgeable users. So many issues have been identified that many users prefer to stay with 10. IF you read over the sources I gave you (doubtful), then you know what some of them are.

Sometimes... discussions are impossible. I give you the win and accept defeat unconditionally. Congratulations. The end.

On 6/12/2024 at 6:00 AM, ravip said:

Never tried Windows ME & Vista.

Yes, many people skip an OS and do every second OS.  Eg.  XE, 7, 10. 

I'm normally an early adopter of tech, but not with MS OS's.  After getting stung with Vista, now wait for every second OS.  I'll be waiting for 12 before leaving 10. 

• Like 1