Latest developments and discussion of recent events in the Ukraine War

Just now, beautifulthailand99 said:

As a rule I try and avoid perjorative terms and stick to my take on the facts on the progress of the war and the likely outcomes. But then I was involved in preparing high level briefs for senior goverment members and they were free to propagandize those for public consumption as they felt fit. Old habits die hard.

My comments were indeed facts and your previous anonymous roles in your career are unverifiable and nothing to do with this topic

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I have been thinking again how the Trump people think in circles. Trump is a Putin fan so they support Russia over the Ukraine but there defence for this is weird.

Putin invaded Ukraine to defend the people of Ukraine against the Nazi's. Hummm weird is it not.

What about the Nazi's in the USA, you have plenty. how about the KKK?

How about Canada invades the USA to protect you from these people?

According to your Maga logic you'd be fine with that. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

https://unherd.com/newsroom/russias-pokrovsk-advance-could-be-pivotal-in-the-war/

There is nothing that Ukraine can do to stop the inevitable from taking place. The only question in Washington D.C. right now is whether the front line will hold up until the election in November. It may seem deeply cynical that the Americans would allow thousands of deaths of Ukrainian soldiers a week – many of them conscripts – simply to prevent bad optics before an election. But these are the grim realities of Washington’s foreign policy. “It may be dangerous to be America’s enemy,” Henry Kissinger once said. “But to be America’s friend is fatal.” No one seems to want to learn that hard lesson.

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

Intentionally targeting an educational facility filled with students. What a f-ed up nation and military to  do that.

There was a time when responsible people were in the Russian military. Despite their political  views, they were not intent on killing children or starting a nuclear war. Putin has purged and replaced them with yes men. This is why the west must  stay strong. The Russians have no moral boundaries.

It was a predictable progression after the Ukrainians sent terrorists to Kursk who killed civilians and injured children. It was obvious that Russia's war on civilians would intensify as a result. 

• Confused 4
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

Intentionally targeting an educational facility filled with students.

Students? It is not surprising how western media carefully avoiding fact that it was military education facility. The place where soldiers had training before going to frontlines. Only CNN showed journalism, pointing that it was military institution 

Edited by VBer
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Considerable anger building in pro-Ukraine sources at the lack of air defences some of it turning on Zelenskiy.Roumers are that a large passing out parade was ongoing and spies gave away the location. His anger is this has happened before and shouldn't be happening again. You simply don't concentrate a large amount of military personnel in a public area.

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Considerable anger building in pro-Ukraine sources at the lack of air defences some of it turning on Zelenskiy.Roumers are that a large passing out parade was ongoing and spies gave away the location. His anger is this has happened before and shouldn't be happening again. You simply don't concentrate a large amount of military personnel in a public area.

"Roumers are that a large passing out parade was ongoing and spies gave away the location."

Careful with those rumours from your sources

Earlier reports from Russian military bloggers suggested that cadets were gathered at a military parade being held at the institute, but the ministry confirmed there was no parade happening at the time of the strike.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c1m0ylnkylko

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, zmisha said:

Whether Russia can use nuclear weapon or not is another separate question which I would not like to discuss.

You may not wish to discuss it but it is and will remain the elephant in the room.

IMO it's the only reason NATO hasn't already put boots inside Ukraine.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, bubblegum said:

I have been thinking again how the Trump people think in circles. Trump is a Putin fan so they support Russia over the Ukraine but there defence for this is weird.

Putin invaded Ukraine to defend the people of Ukraine against the Nazi's. Hummm weird is it not.

What about the Nazi's in the USA, you have plenty. how about the KKK?

According to your Maga logic you'd be fine with that. 

:whistling:

Canada invading the US is as likely as Belarus invading Russia.

Perhaps try a better comparison next time.

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Ukraine Allies Expect Iran to Ship Missiles to Russia Imminently

Deliveries would mark a worrying development, people say
US, NATO have repeatedly warned Tehran against shipments

Seriously, are they kidding? Iran is sanctioned already and I very much doubt the US public will accept some "Gulf of Tonkin" excuse to go to war against Iran.

IMO all the US/ NATO do by issuing such statements is showing the world how impotent they are when it comes to Iran. Is NATO even allowed to actually do anything against Iran- it's a long way from the Atlantic?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

Will you have an excuse for the hospital being hit too?  

I can not find any information such as name of hospital, address or number of casualties. The reason why it’s not published in the media either it was another military object either the hospital was imaginary. If I’m not right - please publish more details about this hospital, if it’s normal civilian object - for sure it will be another war crime we have witnessed.

Edited by VBer
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Seppius said:

Ain't Putin and the Russian forces nice people!!!!

And people on this thread still seem to find excuses for them, they don't care what they hit

They hit a military institute. Seems like a legitimate target to me.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/09/03/europe/ukraine-poltava-russia-attack-intl/index.html

Dozens killed in Russian strike on military educational facility in central Ukraine.

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

There's a lot of value for Iran to have a capable partner use and study their weapons against western AD. They can study Patriot performance by timing a salvo for when they have maximum ISR coverage over the target. It's not easy to get testing opportunities like that - NATO will effectively be paying to help Iran refine their weapons systems. Saudis and Qatar both use Patriots. The point that some don't get here us that the US is reluctant to see their high-tech weaponary used in theatre less the Russians develop AD effective measures against them potentially rendering them useless.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-09-02/ukraine-allies-expect-iran-to-ship-missiles-to-russia-imminently

Ukraine Allies Expect Iran to Ship Missiles to Russia Imminently

Deliveries would mark a worrying development, people say

Do you think Russia will share all data with the Mullahs, the very definition of an unreliable ally.

Two can play at that game. NATO will be learning a lot more about Russian and Iranian capabilities. Recovered missile parts are yielding information on Iranian and Russian design capabilties, but also the supply chain. The Russians and the Iranians are making extensive use of GLOSNASS; a lot of intel about that is being yielded. NATO has far greater capabilties to make use of gathered intelligence than the other way around.

In 1990, the US showed not the slightest hesitation at deploying the then brand new Patriot system to the Middle East, knowing all along potential adversaries were watching. In the mid-90s, they deployed Stealth over Serbia, even losing an aircraft in the process. The US and its Allies are not afraid to deploy the necessary hardware where needed. At the moment, they need Russia to stop fighting. They don't want Russia to collapse. Careful calibration is needed.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO it's the only reason NATO hasn't already put boots inside Ukraine.

Russians were told that European and American lost armed tourists walk everywhere in Ukraine. Maybe all of them already have Ukrainian passports - not sure about this.

Edited by zmisha
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, MicroB said:

You claim to have served in the UK armed forces, but aren't too au fait with NATO.

Oh dear, oh dear. Given I have never claimed that perhaps you need to review your sources.

I once took a visiting group of Green Jackets skiing, but I doubt that suffices as being in NATO.

Just in case "Green Jackets" is confusing, I'm providing a link.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Green_Jackets

The Royal Green Jackets (RGJ) was an infantry regiment of the British Army, one of two "large regiments" within the Light Division (the other being The Light Infantry).

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Seriously, are they kidding? Iran is sanctioned already and I very much doubt the US public will accept some "Gulf of Tonkin" excuse to go to war against Iran.

IMO all the US/ NATO do by issuing such statements is showing the world how impotent they are when it comes to Iran. Is NATO even allowed to actually do anything against Iran- it's a long way from the Atlantic?

If Iran is not bothered by NATO, why does it continue to denounce NATO statements regarding Iran's role in Ukraine. Or are you one of those who believes the Iranian government is not supplying Russia with equipment and military know how.

https://en.mfa.ir/portal/newsview/749555/Iran-decries-NATO-statement-on-alleged-role-in-Ukraine-war

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, MicroB said:

If Iran is not bothered by NATO, why does it continue to denounce NATO statements regarding Iran's role in Ukraine. Or are you one of those who believes the Iranian government is not supplying Russia with equipment and military know how.

https://en.mfa.ir/portal/newsview/749555/Iran-decries-NATO-statement-on-alleged-role-in-Ukraine-war

When the west is supplying Ukraine it would seem logical that Russia's allies supply it. Western complaints about that are the height of hypocrisy.

The west seems under some misunderstanding that they still rule the world- they don't.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Confused 2
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1