Thai woman blames police drug search in vagina for miscarriage

snoop1130

3 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

2 months?  Miscarriage because of that??  Give me a break - maybe miscarriage was from carrying drugs up there.  Smoke Screen if you ask me - to divert attention away from the drug charges. As in, you drop the drug charges and I drop the lawsuit.  

There were no drug charges.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, impulse said:

And from a human dignity standpoint, nobody should be subject to a body cavity search if the tech's available to do a non-contact search.

...unless the suspect gives permission, and it is highly likely that she did and that the police did not hold her down to force the examination against her wishes.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

Could they be talking about actual kitty purses? As in she was illegally selling purses in the shape of kittens? If that was the case it hardly seems necessary to jam fingers up her vajayjay. I suspect foul play here

C'mon... really ??...      as if brianthainess' post is not enough of a give away... 

Kitty-Purse is obviously a euphemism given to the manner in which  female carries drugs in her fuffuss... 

56 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I think once it was known she was pregnant she should have been taken to a hospital and somebody who is qualified to start poking around

Exactly. I don't know why police have these powers (or maybe they think they do) to go digging around when they are not qualified medical practitioners.

Notice this from the article "A policewoman then requested to search her vagina for hidden drugs." I don't think the suspect has much choice at all at a police request. Certain members of police forces think they are gods, issue commands and must be obeyed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/20/2024 at 9:17 AM, snoop1130 said:

A policewoman then requested to search her vagina for hidden drugs.

Orranee said she informed the police that she was pregnant but the officer insisted on probing her private parts

It's not stated here but, presumably, she refused the intimate search request because the policewoman insisted on probing. This implies the plaintiff was sexually assaulted.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/21/2024 at 9:22 AM, ChipButty said:

At least they used a police woman, not let Somchai near her, 

OK, but there is no report whether the policewoman had any training to do this.

seems to me that only qualified and experienced gynecology doctors would know what to look for.   

Plus such probe / search should probably be conducted in an appropriate frame in a hospital and with correct hygiene / cleanliness, not at the scene and not at a police station. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1