New Airport terminal

So last time I arrived at Swampy I landed on the new terminal had to take the train to pick up my luggage at the old terminal and go through customs why? It's a waste of time and not convenient if you are disabled. So why not dispatch the luggage on the terminal you land and go through customs? I have problems walking long distance or steps. As you all know there is a lot of walking to be done so it is hard for me. And getting a wheelchair is a lottery. 

It's the same distance to cover whether you show your passport and get your bags earlier or later in the process, so you would still have the same problems, just with the addition of hauling bags along,

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/25/2024 at 9:00 AM, still kicking said:

So last time I arrived at Swampy I landed on the new terminal had to take the train to pick up my luggage at the old terminal and go through customs why? It's a waste of time and not convenient if you are disabled. So why not dispatch the luggage on the terminal you land and go through customs? I have problems walking long distance or steps. As you all know there is a lot of walking to be done so it is hard for me. And getting a wheelchair is a lottery. 

Most airlines ask you to request wheelchair service at least 48 hours before departure.

https://www.tripsavvy.com/how-to-request-wheelchair-assistance-2972615

Edited by Hawaiian
Add link

• 2 months later...
On 5/25/2024 at 8:00 PM, still kicking said:

Be happy that you have to collect your luggage at the "old" terminal just after immigration, otherwise you would have to walk all the way from the new to the old terminal with your luggage to clear immigration and customs.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2024 at 2:00 AM, still kicking said:

The new terminal is not a terminal at all - it's a concourse.

A terminal has check-in, Immigration and Security.

The "S" concourse is the same as concourses A - G, just more distant.

It's actually closer to Immigration than many other other concourses.