New Mobile Banking Rules Aim to Curb 'Horse' Accounts

webfact

5 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

Does this mean I have to buy new phone every 6 months?  I've got through 3 perfectly good phones due to kbank "not supporting this device".

Do you need help? Maybe some of the younger people here can assist. But in short, no you don't need to buy a new phone every six months. You can use any phone you like - just make sure the SIM is in your name, it is not a big issue.

5 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

Does this mean I have to buy new phone every 6 months?  I've got through 3 perfectly good phones due to kbank "not supporting this device".

What devices are compatible with K PLUS ?

The new version of K PLUS can be used with a mobile phone or tablet equipped with iOS 9.0 or Android 5.0 and higher, and the device must have never been jailbroken or rooted. If you do not use a device with such specifications, you will not be able to access this version of K PLUS. So you should change to a newer device which supports iOS 9.0 or Android 5.0 and higher.

https://www.kasikornbank.com/en/personal/digital-banking/kplus/help/Pages/all.html

Shouldn't be an issue unless you buying nearly new phones that have been jailbroken or rooted

17 hours ago, vinny41 said:

The new version of K PLUS can be used with a mobile phone or tablet equipped with iOS 9.0 or Android 5.0 and higher

Android 5 - dream on!

You shouldn't believe everything you see on the internet. 

K+ can  be used with any device you or the technologically savvy bank staff can make it run on.

So, it's always good to bring a handful of devices to your branch,  and don't come an hour before closing time,  finding a device that works may take some time.

Speaking from experience. 

@Chris Daley seems to have similar experiences.

On 5/27/2024 at 11:01 PM, organicman said:

I can't access Krungsri app anymore via VPN. It tells me to turn off my VPN. Anyone else having the same issues trying to access their Thai bank account under a VPN connection???

There is no way in hell i will use the internet without a VPN on!!! 

It was bad enough last year that they didn't allow us to run an Anti-Virus program to protect our phones from Malware anymore!! My phone was infected with Malware late last year because I forgot to turn it back on after using Krungsri App. I lost all my photos and everything! Same with my Thai girlfriend's phone!!

SCB app has been like that for a very long time now.

I just wanted to subscribe to Spotify with my mobile number. 139 Baht.

Payment failed.

AIS informed me, that following BoT regulations from a couple of years ago, foreigners are not allowed anymore to pay services through their phone bill.

Another great victory in the war against mules.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2024 at 8:00 PM, jasonsamui55 said:

SCB app has been like that for a very long time now.

I set up a split tunnel in my VPN settings so all other apps use my VPN, but Krungsri doesn't use the VPN. 

Edited by organicman
  • Like 1

People who have DTAC prepaid sim cards can change the registration details using the DTAC app. This afternoon, I changed my prepaid DTAC sim card linked to my Thai bank accounts which was registered with my wife's ID card to my name. I couldn't get the process to work using my UK passport number (even though the app says it can be used), so I had to use my pink ID card number. It was pretty straightforward once I understood the requirements. I had to upload a picture of my wife's ID card, a selfie of her and then I could edit the ownership details. I was surprised that I didn't have to upload a picture of my pink ID card. Unfortunately the process is all In Thai, so it is a bit challenging if you don't read Thai (which I don't). I had to keep taking screenshots and using Google Lens to translate them for each step. After completing the process. I used the *179*<my pink id number># to confirm that the sim is now registered with my ID number. Still preferable to the 80+ Km round trip to my nearest Dtac Centre.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Thanks 1