Renewing my UK Passport at VFS Bangkok end of June.

Starting to get requirements ready to renew passport at end of June. I know that VFS have moved to Huay Kwang area.

I have some questions.

I have downloaded and printed copies of application forms OS/01/01. Are such copies likely to be accepted?

Proof of address: Went to both Kasikorn Bank and 3BB this morning to ask for a statement and a bill with my address in English. Both said "Cannot."

I don't get utility bills such as PEA as we pay communally.

So if I get either a bill or bank statement addressed in Thai, or a Certificate of Residence, would official translations of these documents be accepted?

I have read that my Thai driving licence might be accepted, but it only shows a partial address, i.e. (House X, Moo Y). No apartment building name or Unit No. So might not be sufficient.

TIA

On 5/27/2024 at 8:01 AM, phetphet said:

Proof of address: Went to both Kasikorn Bank and 3BB this morning to ask for a statement and a bill with my address in English. Both said "Cannot."

When I renewed my passport last year I ordered a statement in English via the K+ App and it was delivered almost instantly as a PDF and I was able to print it, VFS were fine with it.

Maybe check the app and see if that option is still available.

1 hour ago, theoldgit said:

When I renewed my passport last year I ordered a statement in English via the K+ App and it was delivered almost instantly as a PDF and I was able to print it, VFS were fine with it.

Do they want proof of Thai or UK address?

15 hours ago, theoldgit said:

When I request a statement in English from the K+ app, my address is in Thai.

21 hours ago, theoldgit said:

Thanks. I tried that. Although the statement was in English, the address was still in Thai. 
I went to Bangkok Bank, explained what I wanted, and they had me write down my address in English and printed me a statement with that on it.

Only problem is I noticed after I got home, they have typed a u as a v, so I think I will have to go back and get it redone.

I don’t want to fly all the way to Bangkok and get application refused over a single letter.