Where to have cataract surgery in Bangkok

Can someone please recommend where to have cataract surgery in Bangkok and cost. Was diagnosed with cataracts at  government hospital I' was given an appointment for surgery in 2 years. I can't wait that long.

• 1 month later...

On 5/28/2024 at 12:50 PM, steveb5 said:

Can someone please recommend where to have cataract surgery in Bangkok and cost. Was diagnosed with cataracts at  government hospital I' was given an appointment for surgery in 2 years.

I really can't believe the waiting time is 2 years. Even at a government hospital. I've gotta go and book myself in for a cataract  op come next week so 'I'll be back'.

3 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I really can't believe the waiting time is 2 years. Even at a government hospital. I've gotta go and book myself in for a cataract  op come next week so 'I'll be back'.

Very much depends on location and hospital.  Little wait at most upcountry government hospitals.

• Thanks 1

On 5/28/2024 at 12:50 PM, steveb5 said:

Can someone please recommend where to have cataract surgery in Bangkok and cost. Was diagnosed with cataracts at  government hospital I' was given an appointment for surgery in 2 years. I can't wait that long.

Try here. Bangkok branch of the government Eye Hospital in Nakhon Pathom.

https://www.metta.go.th/8-slideshow/13-sli3

1 hour ago, phetphet said:

Rutnin Eye Hospital in Bangkok. 

I am going to mess about with my sight, I will go to an eye hospital. Just my opinion.

Rutnin is certainly by top recommendation for those who can afford private care but as OP mentioned going to a government hospital I assume he cannot, and is looking for private hospital alternatives.