The EU Elections: A Time of Anxiety for Brown, Muslim Europeans

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

New? Mostly to me, but why? These voices are welcome but mainly local and without much individual power or range. 

The top guys need to condemn any violence or bad acts, loudly and clearly on national media. They should be demonstrating in numbers at least as large as these at pro Palestinian marches.

Edited by nauseus
+ last sentence
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, nauseus said:

New? Mostly to me, but why? These voices are welcome but mainly local and without much individual power or range. 

The top guys need to condemn any violence or bad acts, loudly and clearly on national media. They should be demonstrating in numbers at least as large as these at pro Palestinian marches.

The article I linked provides numerous examples of Muslim leaders condemning Islamist terror groups and their violence.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Righty-o.

Yea expect no more from you than that. You refer to a George Town Uni piece that quotes a 15 year old opinion piece Guardian article from an old friend of Murray who used to work with him  to base your claim of Murray being Islamophobic. Righty-o

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The article I linked provides numerous examples of Muslim leaders condemning Islamist terror groups and their violence.

You're not listening as usual. Bye.

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yea expect no more from you than that. You refer to a George Town Uni piece that quotes a 15 year old opinion piece Guardian article from an old friend of Murray who used to work with him  to base your claim of Murray being Islamophobic. Righty-o

You still haven’t challenged any of the quotes in the article.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Article? Just a list of old local stories from small groups in the USA, mainly about just two events.

The OP concerns Europe. Objection overruled. 

Welcome back.

But wrong again.

Just one of the links from the article I linked to:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/germany-muslims-islamic-state_n_5852342

Edited by Chomper Higgot

On 5/29/2024 at 1:21 PM, JonnyF said:
On 5/29/2024 at 12:42 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

First you give us grossly generalized pejorative views against millions of people, then you round it out by presenting your reading matter from a far right, Islamophobic author.

Murray is neither far right nor Islamaphobic (although as Murray is a gay man I can see why he might be worried about Islamic intolerance/homophobia) but I guess when that's your only card you have to play it. 

This is actually a really good example of why what is presented in the article cannot really be relied upon.  Leftists tend to say that anyone who questions anything that non-White people do are racists, so when they say "racist far-right groups", they might actually be talking about rational people who are simply questioning the immigration policy, as it isn't working.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Oh right - o 

You made a claim. Prove it.

I have provide a link to an article with substantial evidence.

You’ve not addressed anything the article had to say.

Moreover, I’m not the only one who has concerns over Murray’s drift into the rabid, Flyguy330 had this to say earlier:

“I always liked Murray's Youtube videos and writings on Islam. But since the Gaza campaign kicked off he's been acting like a rabid zionist and I've lost all interest in him.”

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Moreover, I’m not the only one who has concerns over Murray’s drift into the rabid, Flyguy330 had this to say earlier:

“I always liked Murray's Youtube videos and writings on Islam. But since the Gaza campaign kicked off he's been acting like a rabid zionist and I've lost all interest in him.”

Actually you are wrong again, I addressed the 15 year old opinion piece from it.....lol

There is nothing there that proves your claims so you deflect to another member.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Actually you are wrong again, I addressed the 15 year old opinion piece from it.....lol

There is nothing there that proves your claims so you deflect to another member.

It only proves evidence that you don’t want to admit exists has been around for at least 15 years.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Rather selective there. Flyguy330 did also state "They previously stuck to educating the ignorant on the truth about Islam using the Islamic texts to illustrate the insanity of that cult.", i.e. he is against islam. And Flyguy330's being against islam will not be changed by Murray acting like a zionist. In other words, action still needs to be taken to stop islamic/cultural extremism in Europe. 

Edited by GarryP

6 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It only proves evidence that you don’t want to admit exists has been around for at least 15 years.

Make your mind up, (my highlight)

20 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Stop lying, that's exactly what I did and you have still not backed up those claims 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GarryP said:

Rather selective there. Flyguy 330 did also state "They previously stuck to educating the ignorant on the truth about Islam using the Islamic texts to illustrate the insanity of that cult.", i.e. he is against islam. And his being against islam will not be changed by Murray acting like a zionist. In other words, action still needs to be taken to stop islamic/cultural extremism in Europe. 

Not the point I was making.

Murray has become more radicalized than he already was.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

And what some take as a negative (Brandon and Chomper), I take as a positive. Hence, my earlier quote from that opinion piece. I do not believe that Murray representing Muslims as a collective threat is wrong, in so far as it is not possible to filter out the extremists. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Make your mind up, (my highlight)

Stop lying, that's exactly what I did

You picked on the date of one referenced article, which is well short of addressing anything the article had to say.

Your resort to a baseless accusation of lying is noted.

2 minutes ago, GarryP said:

And what some take as a negative (Brandon and Chomper), I take as a positive. Hence, my earlier quote from that opinion piece. I do not believe that Murray representing Muslims as a collective threat is wrong, in so far as it is not possible to filter out the extremists. 

Precisely the gross pejorative generalization of which I spoke earlier.

It plays well to some.

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

You picked on the date of one referenced article, which is well short of addressing anything the article had to say.

Your resort to a baseless accusation of lying is noted.

Your claim, prove it, the opinion piece from 15 years ago has not and why lie about me not addressing something from the article? If you can't hold an honest debate what hope is there.

24 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Your claim, prove it, the opinion piece from 15 years ago has not and why lie about me not addressing something from the article? If you can't hold an honest debate what hope is there.

Again you resort to a baseless accusation of lying.

You have not addressed anything the linked article said. 

Baselessly accusing others of lying is not discussion, it’s blatant baiting.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Again you resort to a baseless accusation of lying.

You have not addressed anything the linked article said. 

Baselessly accusing others of lying is not discussion, it’s blatant baiting.

Your claim:

34 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I know you'd prefer that to go away but its not. Its a lie.

Your other claim:

image.png.f11ea852c63bd9f34aeb4a3c2805d91c.png

Prove it.