5 year multiple entry DTV visa (Destination Thailand) from 2024-xx-xx

30 minutes ago, JimmyTobacco said:

If it gets checked or not, I don't know, but obviously they could potentially find out if you are currently in the country or not. Otherwise they might notice at the airport when you re-enter on the DTV visa, that it was issued at a time when you were supposed to be in Thailand. Better to go to Laos, Cambodia or Vietnam and apply there.

The money does not have to be in a Thai bank account. I sent them a 6 month statement of my brokerage account (with associated IBAN number) with plenty of funds throughout the entire period, but I don't think there is a golden rule for it. It might depend on the overall strength/quality of your applicaiton, the amount of money, etc. My application was probably overall quite strong, in the sense that I've been a proven self-employed freelancer for 15 years, I have more than enough funds in the account, etc.

Thanks, yeah my finances are probably going to let me down, as I dont hold that amount of cash, but can pool it from a few different accounts, but will have to show a balance statement at end of month or wait.

I wonder how sophisticated immigration is, I dont really think they would stop be once I have the visa coming in on it, but maybe they would have me in the system somewhere when I apply, so u might be right to take the trip to vietnam to save the trouble. 

4 hours ago, wisemonkey said:

Im wanting to apply for the  new DTV using the Thai E-visa site, would love to have some questions answered by anyone whos been successful in getting this visa using the site.

First question, seeing as we dont need to do anything in person with the thai e-visa site, is there anyway that they know if you apply for this whilst your already in Thailand? Whats stopping people from doing this, if once approved I just need to print off the documentation, cant I essentially apply from anywhere ? Or do they have checks in place to ensure you are outside of Thailand?

With the 500k THB proof, is there a period it needs to be in the account for? Can I just transfer across the money get a statement and transfer it out or they need it in there for a certain amount of time? Also can it be in an account in your home country's currency, ie Im applying for it through the Sydney Thai consulate, can you show an Australian bank with the required amount in AUD or does it need to be in a Thai bank account?

Can’t help with cooking class questions but I applied online.

For location:

The electronic application form shows that it needs to be completed from country of residence. It asks for current location, date of travel, point of entry and flight number. You don’t have to upload evidence of these except a recent utility bill as proof of residence in current location. You could potentially complete the details fraudulently but there are reports of people being asked to supply additional documents - if caught you’d likely lose the application fee and could have problems with future visa applications.

For bank account:

You can show a bank account with AUD or other currency. It doesn’t have to be in a Thai bank. I don’t believe the money has to have been in the account for any set period of time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chalky0w said:

Can’t help with cooking class questions but I applied online.

For location:

The electronic application form shows that it needs to be completed from country of residence. It asks for current location, date of travel, point of entry and flight number. You don’t have to upload evidence of these except a recent utility bill as proof of residence in current location. You could potentially complete the details fraudulently but there are reports of people being asked to supply additional documents - if caught you’d likely lose the application fee and could have problems with future visa applications.

For bank account:

You can show a bank account with AUD or other currency. It doesn’t have to be in a Thai bank. I don’t believe the money has to have been in the account for any set period of time.

Thanks . Yeah I think maybe the best bet will just be to out of country maybe in Vietnman incase there are any issues.

My question is now, if applying in person in Vietnam, can you still show a balance in your home countries bank account?