Is buying to rent a luxury condo a good investemnt in BKK

Hi, I bought to rent in england and due to last year's rate issues, It was a financial bloodbath.
Fast forward todo in BKK, and evidently i see all these condos and i'm thinking "i wouldn't mind picking up a couple" (it's far cheaper than london of course).
The rent should be returning, as i'm sure you all know, the equivalent of minimum (absolute baseline) of 4.75 AER + inflation. 

I"m currently staying in a bnb i'm charged for at 1400 GBP/Month, I've enquired and saw long term they rent at 600 USD lol . So given it's worth about 200k USD, a quick back of the cigarette pack tells me that at 1400 / month i'm making bank , but at 500 USD, well, let's just say i'm not too interested given I imagine i'll have to switch the washing machine or whatnot every other year. Not to mention the management pains. 

So... which one is it? It is a good investment or another experience i'll come to regret? 

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Not in BKK friend. Everyone and their mother has a Condo for Rent in BKK. If looking for a Investment property I'd suggest Hua Hin, Phuket and Pattaya as potential places to rent for profit a condo to us Falangs.

52 minutes ago, IsaanExpat said:

Not in BKK friend. Everyone and their mother has a Condo for Rent in BKK. If looking for a Investment property I'd suggest Hua Hin, Phuket and Pattaya as potential places to rent for profit a condo to us Falangs.

Pattaya rents are dirt cheap unless you do a daily airbnb type place....i doubt op can make $$ as proposed in pattaya long term rental market...take a look at jomtien prices and tons of availability.  

• Agree 1