My Aerox 155 is suddenly going off while riding. i have to start again,what could be reason

Ha exactly the same problem last year on my Aerox 155, took it to small Yamaha center, they couldn't figure out, then took it to bug Yamaha center, they tested it and said it's a Stator, replaced new one and it never happened again.

5 hours ago, sallecc said:

Ha exactly the same problem last year on my Aerox 155, took it to small Yamaha center, they couldn't figure out, then took it to bug Yamaha center, they tested it and said it's a Stator, replaced new one and it never happened again.

What's a stator?

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

What's a stator?

A stator is the stationary component found in electric motors and generators. It consists of a laminated core and coils of insulated wire known as the windings. When alternating current is applied to a stator, it creates a rotating magnetic field.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

How the heck did all that crud get in there ?  did they forget to put a gasket on and the bike driven through the sea   no wonder it failed.

IMG_2714.jpeg

Edited by johng
photo

Glad you got it sorted out  but I think they made a major design fault  not just on the oil seal

but on the stator cover seal too   there should not be that much crud in there,oil itself  would (should) not cause much problem  as they use it to cool the big high voltage transformers and it is non conductive.

6 hours ago, johng said:

Glad you got it sorted out  but I think they made a major design fault  not just on the oil seal

but on the stator cover seal too   there should not be that much crud in there,oil itself  would (should) not cause much problem  as they use it to cool the big high voltage transformers and it is non conductive.

Agree... that's quite bad.  Makes one think twice about Yamaha looking at those photos. 

But then just about every brand has their donkey. In the western world there would be a recall or class action via the courts. 

Wishful thinking that that could occur here!