Penang Non Immigrant B Multientry

Just for your info, I am back from a recent trip to Penang where I could get a Multientry NON IMMIGRANT B. So far I got only a 3 months NON B and had to go to Penang every 3 months. They started to issue since 10 days. The fee jumped to 550 Ringitt from 500. Same for the Tourist visa: now 2 months cost 110 ringitt.

A 3 months will be extended with your work permit if you have...

...if the employer meets certain conditions (previous year’s gross revenue or profit, depending on Immigration office where application is made)

--

Maestro

The 3 month will only get extended if the company you work for qualifies.

1. A copy of the company's balance sheet and profit and loss statement

Gross revenue of the previous year needs to be higher then the amount of the salaries of all foreign workers earn in a full year.

Pattaya immigration even demands the nett profit is higher then the amount of the salaries of all foreign workers earn in a full year!

Certifying Authority

- The Auditor or

- An officer of the Revenue Department or

- An officer of the Ministry of Commerce

If the document is an original then it will be considered.

2. A copy of the Registration Certificate of the Company or Partnership and A copy of the Company's Shareholders' List

Certifying Authority

- The Registrar of the Ministry of Commerce

3. A copy of the Company's PND 1 (the company's monthly personal income tax return), PND 91 (the employee's annual personal income tax certificate), PND 50 (the company's annual corporate tax return) and any other PNDs (eg PND 90 - annual personal income tax return if receiving income from other sources as well as salary and PND 51 - the company's half-yearly corporate tax return)

Certifying Authority

- An officer of the Revenue Department

4. A copy of the company's monthly Social Security Fund return (of contributions)

Certifying Authority

- An officer of the Social Security Office

B. Each time an application to extend a visa is submitted the following will also be submitted:

1. Photographs taken inside the company's offices with employees working at their work stations, and

2. Photograph(s) of the company' offices taken from outside the offices showing the number of the building and the company's sign.

Signed 13 July 2007

SO basically working for a small company does not automatically give you the right to extend your stay!

Just for your info, I am back from a recent trip to Penang where I could get a Multientry NON IMMIGRANT B. So far I got only a 3 months NON B and had to go to Penang every 3 months. They started to issue since 10 days. The fee jumped to 550 Ringitt from 500. Same for the Tourist visa: now 2 months cost 110 ringitt.

This is the first time in 10 years that I ever heard of such a thing as a Multiple Entry 3 month visa - what good is a 3 month multiple entry visa anyway?

Now if what you got was a 12-month multiple entry visa, that would be nice. But not extraordinary. It depends however what paperwork they wanted. usually they want quite a lot, practica&lly all the articles of incorporation, tax statements, and slists of shareholders of the company who says they want you. After all, a visa B is for business, oder?

If it's as easy as you make it sound, I will be there like a shot next week - but full details please :o , you posting just leave a stupid person like me even more confused...

A single entry visa can not be changed to a multi entry visa. Your permitted to stay can be extended if you meet the conditions for that.

//edit: I believe he received a 12 month multi entry - he was previously getting only the 3 month single entry.

Got my mulit non imm B visa in Penang on Thursday...............

Papers my 'agent' presented:

Letter from my company sectary stating reasons for the visa - signed by her and with company stamp

Company registation / shareholders papers

Copies of passport & work permit

All of the above stamped & signed

2 x passport sized photos

550 Rigit

I used music travel in pattaya to arrange the whole package - flights/hotels/agent/visa fee

Got my mulit non imm B visa in Penang on Thursday...............

Papers my 'agent' presented:

Letter from my company sectary stating reasons for the visa - signed by her and with company stamp

Company registation / shareholders papers

Copies of passport & work permit

All of the above stamped & signed

2 x passport sized photos

550 Rigit

I used music travel in pattaya to arrange the whole package - flights/hotels/agent/visa fee

Done the Penang and the KL trips a couple of dozen times renewing a 1 year non-imm multi-entry visa -at whatever place granted this nice flexible visa.

Most visa runs were succesful and I always attend the embassy or consulate in person, however in addition to the points raised in earlier posts, and the massive paperwork docket often required(I take ALL my companies paperwork for the previous 12 months, plus previous passport showing back to back multi-entry visas) take care of the following additional points which have caused my own or other firends visa's applications to be refused.

1. Work Permit Copies - not always accepted. They often require to see the origonal

2. Work Permit validity - The Work permit must be 'in date' i.e. not expired. Even by one day. Which brings me to #3

3. Getting caught by Malaysian Holidays & Thai Holidays causing a refusal to renew under clause #2 - During some weeks of the year it can be difficult to find the embassy open even for one day...and it takes 1-2 embassy working days to renew the visa...depending on how they feel. Enjoy your unplanned 1 week holiday in Malaysia

4. Dress/attire - Scruffy dress when turning up at the embassy/consulate in person to renew you visa. I have seen identical paperwork with an applicant dressed in business suit accepted; dreadlocked and tatooed Koh Tao junkie refused.

hope the above helps.

Edited by SteveB2

wondering is it possible to get the 1 year non-immig multi B based on a fesability study in Penang,Singapore or easier via your home country. The one have currently was stamped in NZ, but might like to save time and money by applying in the above 2 places. The application for my current 1 year multi B was prepared by sunbelt.

thanks.

Without a work permit (which is what I believe you are saying) do not believe there is any chance of obtaining a multi entry in the immediate area unless you are resident of the country involved.

Without a work permit (which is what I believe you are saying) do not believe there is any chance of obtaining a multi entry in the immediate area unless you are resident of the country involved.

thats correct- no work permit. Hopefully, someone may have gone thru the process in penang/singapore on the basis of a fesability study and report back here,

otherwise it looks like another trip back to NZ for me then.

:o I also have good news, at least for me.

I lived in Thailand for almost 5 years, travelling all over Asia, and even in my homecountry, to have a Non-immigrant VISA, Multiple entrys.

I moved to my home country, when the new visa rules started last Year in November. I didnt have power to travel that much, becacuse Im to sick.

The reason that I never had VISA was that I was not 50 or 55 Years. Its different in different countries, but it should be the same??

Now I went to Thaiembassy, in my homecountry, and showed paper that I had income, for my sickness. And also insurance that i will have in Thailand.

Dream of my surprising face, when I got the passport 6 days later, I had 1 year VISA, the VISA I tried to have for almost 5 year!!

At least IM VERY HAPPY about it.

So, now I will go to Thailand again, and at least live my wonderful lift I had there, in that climate,

And I want to wish everybody GOOD LUCK when they apply for 1 year VISA in Asia, I know the feeling when I got refused.

In october last year, I was in Laos the get a tourist VISA, she looked in my Passport, that was full of different stamps from all countries. She said that Its time for me to go home now. I did like she said.

I was so tired of being refused time after time!!

Good Luck everybody, and dont give up, if you get refused!!

A few years back I got a non-immigrant "B" over the counter in Oz - I needed to go on a buying trip and realised that that would be in breach of my tourist visa. I presented no paper-work but had already given evidence before to receive a non-immigrant "O".

This visa ran for several years after I started working here. Only in November did I need to go to Singapore (Penang had already refuded some colleagues) - with an enormous wad of paper-work!

I was issued with a 3 month "B". This is now 1 year multiple entry, but my company is now pretty large industrial concern and has a whole department dedicated to sorting out the paper-work for foreign employees.

I know of no-one who has left our company who has managed to take up another job without leaving the country for a visa.

reading over and over again the visa regulation

I think i am giving up nobody is ask the same papers and really tired of fighting with them on something who should be a close case when you marry a Thai national after we bring the money make Thai work pay taxes .

No country where you marry a national will make you go tough all this bull just in order to make money

i am sick and tired to put money in the military pocket when they don't have the decency to respect you at the first place

this country is wost than Sicily their Mafia is run by the army and nobody seem to care i do not want to be here when the election is called i personally do not think THAILAND is land Of Smile but rather a land of crook , dirty street , and corrupted police

I am definitely moving to either China or the Philippines at least they speak English and have a sense of marketing and business

see you all

A 3 months will be extended with your work permit if you have one - no further trip needed you can also change it to multiple entry

Would I be right in assuming, that in the event of an out of Thailand trip, we wouldn't need to apply for a re-entry permit?

You do not need a re-entry permit if you have a valid multi entry visa upon your return. Each entry receives a 90 day permitted to stay stamp and there is no limit on the number of these entries.

There is also this alternative if you don't live too far from a border and can do a utrn around every 90 days. It does mean that you will have to go home every 15 months though - but that's ok innit?

You get yourself a statement on a Thai ompany letterhead that they reqauire you to attend meetings throughout the coming year. You'll get a 12-month multiple entry. You won't need a work permit because you are officially here just for a meeting.You should do this at a Thai consulate in your own country although I know that it does work for Brits in Oz. Anyone who is brave enough could put it to the test in Penang or Singapore.

There is also this alternative if you don't live too far from a border and can do a utrn around every 90 days. It does mean that you will have to go home every 15 months though - but that's ok innit?

You get yourself a statement on a Thai ompany letterhead that they reqauire you to attend meetings throughout the coming year. You'll get a 12-month multiple entry. You won't need a work permit because you are officially here just for a meeting.You should do this at a Thai consulate in your own country although I know that it does work for Brits in Oz. Anyone who is brave enough could put it to the test in Penang or Singapore.

This will at best give you a 3-month visa at the consulates in the region so I would not recommend trying it. They really do require ALL the paperwork these days; there have been too many frauds. Some home consulates are known to be more flexible just as you say.

i thought if you have a work permit

then you can go to immigration in thailand and get a non imm visa

so why leave the country?

i know nothing about the length of the visa

however if you have a labor/work contract then the visa will be related to the length of the work contract

thats my understanding

FWIW

reading over and over again the visa regulation

I think i am giving up nobody is ask the same papers and really tired of fighting with them on something who should be a close case when you marry a Thai national after we bring the money make Thai work pay taxes .

No country where you marry a national will make you go tough all this bull just in order to make money

i am sick and tired to put money in the military pocket when they don't have the decency to respect you at the first place

this country is wost than Sicily their Mafia is run by the army and nobody seem to care i do not want to be here when the election is called i personally do not think THAILAND is land Of Smile but rather a land of crook , dirty street , and corrupted police

I am definitely moving to either China or the Philippines at least they speak English and have a sense of marketing and business

see you all

well nobody will miss you what makes you think where you are going is any better??

what a bad statement..... I Think you SHOULD go to Philippines.....there you'll find dirtier roads.....far less money and far worse crooks. Maybe you'll wake up and face reality. Obviously you are just yet another Farang that can't live a life that YOU want in thailand. Maybe you should try to adjust to life here rather than just being yet another soi cowboy tourist

..... You get yourself a statement on a Thai ompany letterhead that they reqauire you to attend meetings throughout the coming year. You'll get a 12-month multiple entry. You won't need a work permit because you are officially here just for a meeting.You should do this at a Thai consulate in your own country although I know that it does work for Brits in Oz.

Can you please state your evidence that a UK passport holder can go to a Thai consulate in Australia and receive a one year multiple entry visa (B or O) on the back of merely a Thai company letterheaded bogus invitation letter.

I actually cannot see why not but then I could never see why you could not do it in neighbouring countries or even in Thailand itself.

Enquiring minds want to know.

wow great for u all that work

BUT does anyone have any info on applying for a NON imm 'O" based on marriage in Penang?

Original and photocopy of your marriage certificate. On application they inspect the original, compare it with the photocopy and then hand the original back to you.

Photocopy of wife's ID card and Tabien Bahn (I also took a copy of her passport)

2 passport photo's of you.

Bank book or photocopy of all pages of your bank book showing a minimum of 200,00 baht that has been in there for a minimum of 3 months. If you give them the original bank book they return it with your passport the next afternoon.

Forgot to add that the fee is now 550 Malaysian Ringit for a Non "O" multi entry.

Edited by KaronSteve