Penang Non Immigrant B Multientry

Multiple EXIT visas can be added later in Thailand - if you wish to leave the country go to immigration and you can buy a single or multiple exit visa - about 1200 for a single and 3600 baht multiple.

As for Non Im visas in Oz - try an HONORARY consulate.

Multi entry visas are not available in Thailand.

We are not talking about re-entry permits which is only used to keep your current permitted to stay until date alive when you need to leave Thailand and return.

As I said multiple exit visa - or re-entry.....

My 90 visa was extended to the rest of the 12 month period and I have multiple EXIT/RE_ENTRY stamp on it - reult I can go in and out of Thailand as often as I want within that period - this was obtained in Thailand.

There is no alternative to a multi entry visa. If you do not have a multi entry visa you have a single entry and one stay of 90 days. They have clearly said they do not want a one year extension of stay.

There are called re-entry permits - they are not visas. And this thread is/was about visas.

About a Year ago coming back from abroad with an O Visa 1 Year Extension and a Reentry Permit I wrote the number of my actual Visa onto the Immigration Card. A friendly Immigration officer told me that that was wrong, and the Number of the Reentry Permit is needed where it states "Number of Visa" (or so).

I told him I thought the Reentry permit wasn't a Visa, he told me it is a Visa!

So what now?

wow great for u all that work

BUT does anyone have any info on applying for a NON imm 'O" based on marriage in Penang?

Original and photocopy of your marriage certificate. On application they inspect the original, compare it with the photocopy and then hand the original back to you.

Photocopy of wife's ID card and Tabien Bahn (I also took a copy of her passport)

2 passport photo's of you.

Bank book or photocopy of all pages of your bank book showing a minimum of 200,00 baht that has been in there for a minimum of 3 months. If you give them the original bank book they return it with your passport the next afternoon.

Forgot to add that the fee is now 550 Malaysian Ringit for a Non "O" multi entry.

What if the money's in the wife's Thai bank account and not in the applicant Thai bank account,

and not enough time to do a transfer from the wife's account to his account to qualify the minimium

3 months period, will it still work? :o ( I mean...using her bank book to show the embassy official )

Lopburi has given us good answers, and that is what we usually can expect from him.

I'm sorry wilko, but with your replies you are just confusing people.

(and no, I'm not Lopburi)

Lopburi3, i understand that if one have continuous annual extension(non-immigrant O-marriage)

for 3 years, one can apply for Permanent Residence. Confused on which visa that lead to it,

Multiple Entry Non-Immigrant O-marriage Visa obtained outside the Kingdom(does it work like visa-run

upon re-entry for a fresh 90 days entry stamp) and a straight Non-Immigrant O-marriage visa 90

days which later need to apply for 1 year extension of stay obtained in the Kingdom.

Are they the same type of visa?

Regards.

With PR you do not need a visa as your live here permanently - you have a special ID card/book. Read up on that process in the pinned item at top of forum (many pages of good information). LINK

A multi entry non immigrant O visa obtained from a Consulate (on the basis of marriage visit) allows up to 90 days stay per entry and is normally valid for one year - so you can come and go as you wish during that year and receive a 90 day permitted to stay stamp on any entry - but you can not stay longer than 90 days without an extension of stay from Immigration or leaving and returning (can be done same day).

This same visa can be a single entry type.

With either of these, if you can prove a 40k family income, you can extend your stay at an Immigration office for one year at a time. Each year will require proof of 40k family income and a new TM.7 application at 1,900 baht.

Donnyboy,

You can get long term Non-B visa if you go to the BOI office in Chiang Mai, next to the airport. You need to have a plan and tell them you will apply for BOI after ended feasability study. I had such visa for 3 years because I changed the project mid-way. I had BOI now since 2001 and are happy with that. One time I went on a urgent business trip to Europe, I forgot to apply for a re-entry visa and that was really a pain in the ass. I lost all the time saved and returned with a 30-days tourist visa. That was a shock as I invested about 40m Baht in Thailand already.

In contrast, I also have a company in Auckland and applied for work permit, visa etc. and got all-in-one visa for 1 year for 4,600 Baht. Thailand should learn from New Zealand and All Blacks. I love New Zealand and have lived there for years in the early 90's.