Recently installed 5kw solar plant on my roof, what about the PEA?

I installed the panels last week with a company called PONIX, everything seems to work, they said they'd handle the permit with PEA but I haven't heard back, do you know how long does it take? is my electricity export being already accounted for? I already have a digital meter. I know there is a code you can push to read the amount of energy exported, not sure which code that is though, any expert?

Posted (edited)

Have you signed the contract with PEA? The solar company may have filed the initial application with PEA but you have to sign the contract.

There should also be an inspection of your installation by PEA before making the contract.

I think you are better off by asking PONIX about the status.

Edited by lom

11 hours ago, Vulture82 said:

I installed the panels last week with a company called PONIX, everything seems to work, they said they'd handle the permit with PEA but I haven't heard back, do you know how long does it take? is my electricity export being already accounted for? I already have a digital meter. I know there is a code you can push to read the amount of energy exported, not sure which code that is though, any expert?

is your invertor showing any feed in. image.png.4201dbb0d248bc23514285cda44c4cf6.png

16 hours ago, Vulture82 said:

My Registration(no Export) with PEA has taken around 3 month. Your Installer has to provide a lot of Paperwork, then they will come to your House and check the System .

The digital meter at code 300 is already showing the exported units since installation, will this be taken into account? Ok I'll ask PONIX about the current status. I haven't sugned the contract with PEA yet.

5 hours ago, steve187 said:

is your invertor showing any feed in. image.png.4201dbb0d248bc23514285cda44c4cf6.png

Yes it does show, I have 3 microinverters, the app shows feed into the grid, also the digital meter shows it.

Until you have a fee-in agreement in place you won't be credited for any export.

We have had reports of some electronic meters totting up grid export on the total and PEA billing for it!! If you can I would disable export on your solar (you're not getting credit for it anyway).

There's actually a similar report on a US-centric solar forum of electronic meters charging for export.

How long you have to wait for your export meter varies, there are members who have been waiting YEARS!!!

I hope your installer used approved equipment https://aseannow.com/topic/1328300-approved-inverter-lists

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/5/2024 at 6:33 AM, Crossy said:

Until you have a fee-in agreement in place you won't be credited for any export.

We have had reports of some electronic meters totting up grid export on the total and PEA billing for it!! If you can I would disable export on your solar (you're not getting credit for it anyway).

There's actually a similar report on a US-centric solar forum of electronic meters charging for export.

How long you have to wait for your export meter varies, there are members who have been waiting YEARS!!!

I hope your installer used approved equipment https://aseannow.com/topic/1328300-approved-inverter-lists

ah, so they might even charge you for exporting?

1 minute ago, Vulture82 said:

ah, so they might even charge you for exporting?

It's been reported at least once on this forum.

Until you get your export meter I would avoid exporting anything.

3 minutes ago, Crossy said:

It's been reported at least once on this forum.

Until you get your export meter I would avoid exporting anything.

I already have the export meter.

25 minutes ago, Vulture82 said:

I already have the export meter.

So, you've signed all the necessary agreements etc?

Or do you mean you have an electronic meter that records export but you have no agreement in place? Which is effectively the same as not having an export meter. It may still take months to sort out all the paperwork and inspections 😞 

With no agreement all bets are off as to what PEA do.

But as with all things Thai it's up2u.

EDIT I would have a word with your contractor to see exactly what they've signed you up for, simply "registering" your solar isn't that same as getting on the feed-in tariff.