Milkshake Attack on Nigel Farage: A "Frightening" Incident on the Campaign Trail

image.png

Nigel Farage, leader of the Reform UK party and parliamentary candidate for Clacton, described a recent attack with a milkshake as "quite frightening" during his first day of campaigning. The incident occurred on Tuesday afternoon when a woman threw a milkshake at Farage as he left a Wetherspoon pub in the seaside town of Clacton. The drink was purchased from McDonald's and thrown at him, leading to the woman's arrest.

GPPVk9zXoAAsrJS?format=jpg&name=small

Farage, who has returned to frontline politics to lead the right-wing party into the upcoming July 4 election, spoke to ITV News Politics about the attack. "I don’t know what was thrown at me but it hit me in the face, fair and square, quite frightening," he recounted. When asked why he thought he had been targeted again, following a similar incident in 2019, Farage said, "Because I go out and meet the public, nobody else does. What does Rishi do? He gets a room with two-dozen councillors or whatever it is. Nobody goes out and does the old-style street campaigning the way that I do. And this is the risk that goes with it, and I’ll be honest, it is quite scary."

A visibly emotional Farage was asked about the potential consequences if the attack had been more serious than a milkshake. He responded, "That’s a very tough question to answer. I try not to."

The attack came as Farage used a campaign update on his social media channels to argue that voters were increasingly rejecting both the Conservative and Labour parties. He labeled Prime Minister Rishi Sunak and Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer as "big state social democrats" and emphasized a growing disenchantment with the political status quo. "There is a rejection of our political classes on a level I’ve never seen before," he said. "Brexit was a symptom of that—nobody thought Brexit would happen but it bloomin’ well did. People are rejecting this political class. Sunak’s Conservatives, Starmer’s Labour. They’re both big state social democrats. This is a real, real alternative, I’ve got to tell you it’s pretty exciting out there. I reckon this time next week the opinion polls will look very, very different out there."

In his address in Clacton, where he is campaigning for a seat in Parliament, Farage urged his prospective constituents to "send him to Parliament to be a bloody nuisance."

William Atkinson, writing about the incident, noted the dangerous precedent it sets. Farage’s milkshake attack echoes a similar incident in 2019 and raises questions about the safety of public figures. "What’s the point of that union flag umbrella if you don’t use it?" Atkinson quipped. He pointed out that many on the Left might view the incident as a harmless prank, but it highlights a disturbing trend in political discourse. Farage himself joked about the incident on social media, and Richard Tice claimed it would win the party "hundreds of thousands more votes."

However, Atkinson reminded readers of the tragic murders of MPs Jo Cox and David Amess in the past decade, underlining the potential dangers politicians face. "A disgruntled Clactonian is a world away from the brutal killers of Jo Cox and David Amess. But what if that hadn’t been a milkshake?" he questioned, emphasizing the need for caution and respect in political engagements.

As the campaign continues, the incident serves as a stark reminder of the volatile nature of modern politics and the importance of maintaining a safe and respectful environment for public discourse.

UPDATE:

Credit: Daily Telegraph 2024-06-06

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Yes, looks just like them hard working folk, we all know so well. :coffee1:

Ps, Wonder how many different Milkshake flavors, she's  had on the face. 

Edited by rocketboy2
  • Haha 2

A relatively non-violent protest that should not be compared to the murders of MPs Jo Cox and David Amess. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Another #bekind leftist showing their respect for democratic process. 😃

Sky News reported on it and their line was how this incident shows as a reminder of what a divisive character Farage is. Yes, let's pin this on Farage. 

I remember last time this happened to Farage and lefty comedian Jo Brand joked how it should have been acid that was thrown (on the BBC's very own Radio 4 of course). Great to see licence payers money being used for good. 

Lovely people. 

Shoe on the other foot . Your coppers would pounce if it was a darling from the other side .

hope he gets a  bounce & more support from it.

Edited by riclag
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, riclag said:

Shoe on the other foot . Your coppers would pounce if it was a darling from the other side .

hope he gets a  bounce & more support from it.

Totally agree. If that had been Starmer, or even worse Lammy or Abbott then they'd have been all over it.

"Far right racist thugs violently strike again" etc. As it is, they snigger and make jokes about how it should have been acid.  

The double standards are mind blowing. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Totally agree. If that had been Starmer, or even worse Lammy or Abbott then they'd have been all over it.

"Far right racist thugs violently strike again" etc. As it is, they snigger and make jokes about how it should have been acid.  

Part of me wants this odious grifter to win.

It's what the miserable gammon of Clacton deserve.

51% are economically inactive (retired or on the dole).

This will suit Farridge as he never turned up to committee meetings when he was MEP in Brussels so action won't be top of the white retirees wish list.

The irony in parachuting into Clacton this racist (gas em all) is that all of the constituencies along the East coast which voted for the disaster called Brexit have the lowest % of immigrants living there.

Just what do they want Farridge to save them from?

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

9 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

He is an odious man and an inveterate liar but even though he doesn't represent a political party but a political corporation, our democracy demands that he should be free to put forth his bile unhindered. Punish those who attack our democracy. 

Well said.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

No one could suggest that you are holding back on this one.

Talking of double standards, I don't recall you offering any condemnation of Mr. Hester at that time.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-68542624

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

He is an odious man and an inveterate liar but even though he doesn't represent a political party but a political corporation, our democracy demands that he should be free to put forth his bile unhindered. Punish those who attack our democracy. 

Not a mention of the slag who threw the milkshake.This behaviour is extremely frightening especially as the shake throwing leftie morons team up with the acid throwing Islamist savages.

Without a single doubt it is you who is the odious man.You ought to be ashamed of yourself you fxxking <deleted>.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Double standards in your vivid imagination.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

He is an odious man and an inveterate liar but even though he doesn't represent a political party but a political corporation

He is the leader of a political party as all political parties, including Reform, are required to register with the Electoral Commission and comply with obligations under the Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act 2000 (PPERA).  They have done this so he represents a political party.   This is a fact.  I know facts are often uncomfortable for those on the left as they do not account for your feelings on the matter but it is what it is.   

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Kinok Farang said:

Not a mention of the slag who threw the milkshake.This behaviour is extremely frightening especially as the shake throwing leftie morons team up with the acid throwing Islamist savages.

Without a single doubt it is you who is the odious man.You ought to be ashamed of yourself you fxxking <deleted>.

Get over yourself - and get over the attack on your hero. I made it clear, if you actually bothered to read all that I wrote, that I believe those who try to prevent free speech and impinge upon our democracy should be punished. I am sorry that you don't feel that's slavish or fulsome enough, but I am sure you have more than enough adulation for both of us.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, James105 said:

He is the leader of a political party as all political parties, including Reform, are required to register with the Electoral Commission and comply with obligations under the Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act 2000 (PPERA).  They have done this so he represents a political party.   This is a fact.  I know facts are often uncomfortable for those on the left as they do not account for your feelings on the matter but it is what it is.   

Call me old fashioned, but I just feel that political parties should have members who can vote on policy and set the direction of the party. By that, of course, I mean more than a handful of members who actually own shares in the 'party'.

They shouldn't simply be rich mens' means of interfering with democracy.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Purdey said:

Messy. Looks like he just resigned from the IBP, Independent Bukkake Party

Nigel Farage is hit with a milkshake by 'radicalised remainer' on ...

Trump better not do his jerk dance when he arrives at the penitentiary he just might look like this gentleman lmao 🤣 and it ain’t coming from some hot floosey 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1