Drunk British Mercenary Attacks Shop Attendant

MalcolmB

I drank several rounds before driving my daughter into town. On the way back, I stopped at the gas station to fill up. I lost control and was unaware of what was happening. I regret my actions and apologize to the victim and all Thai people. 

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2024/05/24/british-man-apologizes-for-punching-udon-thani-gas-station-attendant/?utm_source=khaosodenglish.com_internal&utm_medium=internal&utm_campaign=khaosodenglish.com_internal&utm_content=1221338209&utm_term=1463572

At least he apologized.

20 minutes ago, Keeps said:

Do you have anything a little more up to date? This topic has already been done to death on this forum.

Where is the yawn emoji when you need one?

Do you have a link to it?

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

You are over a week late jumping onto that bandwagon... 

I wonder if the Mods could see your IP address they'd be able to find out which Brit-basher you were before the 28th-May...   (when you joined)... 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Can't be ar$ed - easy enough to find if you search this site.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Northstar1 said:

Another Brit in trouble?

who would have guessed?

😂😂😂

I did not realize that it had already been reported here.

I just saw it in the Thai news.

Seems to have triggered some of my fellow countrymen. Attacking the messenger.

Interestingly at the bottom of the article they had this…….

It is not a good look. 

IMG_2139.png

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

32 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You are over a week late jumping onto that bandwagon... 

I wonder if the Mods could see your IP address they'd be able to find out which Brit-basher you were before the 28th-May...   (when you joined)... 

Thanks I will read that now.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The forum has a search facility.

Yep found that.

Apologies to all that I have seem to upset posting what I thought was a scoop.

Interesting read, he threatened the Thai attendant by saying he worked for the “immigration police”.

Imagine if some Arab threatened me in London by saying he was going to report me to the UK Home Office!!!!

What a plonker.

• Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Keeps said:

He professes to be a Brit but has given himself away by the continued use of the words 'us Brits' whilst slagging off Brits.

I have only slagged off the Brits in the Thai news for the wrong reasons.

I have not slagged off anyone on this forum, Brits or Aussies or whoever.

And am very grateful for all the help I have received here.

Where are you from?

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Who are you? Do you work for Thai Immigration also?

You and Mr Davis would get along like a house on fire i am thinking. 

Do you want to see my passport?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

He’s too dense to realize when to quit his pathetic Brit-bashing drivel...

My only comment on it was “At least he apologized” 

Hardly pathetic Brit- bashing drivel as you put it.

I only criticized him after reading the other link where it came out that he was a snitch.

What do you think of snitches young Richard?

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Lol so he confessed to drink under influence with his child, to then also assault a gas station worker on the way home. He is very lucky that this happened in Thailand then.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

12 hours ago, Keeps said:

Do you have anything a little more up to date? This topic has already been done to death on this forum.

Where is the yawn emoji when you need one?

🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱 How's that. At first I was going to ask how many Brit mercenaries there are in Thailand then realized its just a rehashed story.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

He’s too dense to realize when to quit his pathetic Brit-bashing drivel...

Quite ironic I merely make a comment on us Brits bashing people from Issan, to Bangkok, to a failed attempt in Pattaya, to the killer in Phuket and you accuse me of being a “Brit basher” when I haven’t hit anyone.

And that is just in the last two weeks. 
And that is just what has been reported on this forum! Because they were caught on film.

Up and down the whole country.

I am embarrassed by it. Sweeping it under the rug won’t improve the situation.

Please remember that we are guests here.

IMG_2139.png

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, MalcolmB said:

I am embarrassed by it. Sweeping it under the rug won’t improve the situation.

Please remember that we are guests here.

You are so embarrassed that you keep drawing additional attention solely to issues regarding Brits - its very much as if you have an anti-British agenda.

I do agree, the British enter the news a lot in the Thai Media for negative stories, but so do other nationalities - focusing on and only highlighting a single nationality shows a degree of negative bias affirmed by a repeated rhetoric over the past couple of weeks since you joined, as it does a number of other posters who struggle to contain themselves when a British idiot does something stupid. 

13 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

What do you think of snitches young Richard?

Depends on what they are snitching on doesn't it...   

In the context of your behavior on here, I think its perfectly acceptable to call you out on your negative agenda to highlight 'bad brits' - just like another poster does. It could be you are the same poster as he's gone quiet over the past week...  Switching log-in's is a possibility... (hence the IP address comment).

Thus, if your intention is to derail every topic you can with an anti-British rhetoric and dig up every news article, even older stories that show Brits in a negative light - then this form of toxicity should be handled. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You are so embarrassed that you keep drawing additional attention solely to issues regarding Brits

It is a problem that needs to be addressed.

Perhaps you should write to the forum bosses, the owner of Kosod newspaper or the Daily Mail and ask them to sugar coat it for you?

You are a strange character more worried about the “image” on social media more than the reality of the situation. 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I think its perfectly acceptable to call you out on your negative agenda to highlight 'bad brits'

While making excuses for the actual real Brit bashers, the ones that go around bashing people from the south to the north of Thailand.

Your logic is bizarre.

Might I remind you that someone has lost his life.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

dig up every news article, even older stories that show Brits in a negative light - then this form of toxicity should be handled. 

Oh, dear. 
Have you been smoking something?  You sound paranoid.

I posted one single article that was recent news. One. Not “ every news article”

After I saw it last night, then as soon as it was pointed out that it had been previously posted I apologized and admitted I had never seen it before.

Maybe to make yourself feel better and to calm yourself down you could check the posts on that thread.

You will no comments from me before last night. I had not seen it before.

These Brit bashers are embarrassing to me, you are also starting to embarrass me by the way you carry on to be honest. 

What happened to the stiff upper lip?

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:
21 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I think its perfectly acceptable to call you out on your negative agenda to highlight 'bad brits'

While making excuses for the actual real Brit bashers, the ones that go around bashing people from the south to the north of Thailand.

Your logic is bizarre.

Might I remind you that someone has lost his life.

100% Wrong and more bigoted and bias rubbish from you.

Where have I made any excuse for any Brit, or other national who's been shown to behave violently towards anyone else...     there is no excuses for a violent reaction at all, even if / when there is a back-story.

Here is another example of your Brit-Bashing bias...  A story about an Australian and the only comment you have is about another British Man tenuously linked to the story. Its very apparent that you have an agenda.

Screenshot 2024-06-06 at 13.11.04.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

100% Wrong and more bigoted and bias rubbish from you.

Where have I made any excuse for any Brit, or other national who's been shown to behave violently towards anyone else...     there is no excuses for a violent reaction at all, even if / when there is a back-story.

Here is another example of your Brit-Bashing bias...  A story about an Australian and the only comment you have is about another British Man tenuously linked to the story. Its very apparent that you have an agenda.

Screenshot 2024-06-06 at 13.11.04.png

Tenuously linked? 
Blind Freddy can see the Brit has grassed up the Aussie after being arrested.

I don’t like snitches Richard. 
Don’t make excuses for him Richard.

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Oh, dear. 
Have you been smoking something?  You sound paranoid.

Just opening so many threads and reading your anti-british comments...  calling out your bias and toxicity.

I posted one single article that was recent news. One. Not “ every news article”

You have made numerous anti-british comments in numerous threads, yet hardly commented on any of the other threads involving other nationals who have found themselves in the media for the wrong reasons.

After I saw it last night, then as soon as it was pointed out that it had been previously posted I apologized and admitted I had never seen it before.

As soon as you saw a 'bad-Brit' thread, like a ;fat Auntie to an all you can eat shrimp buffet' you couldn't resist...  

Its interesting that the pattern generated by posters such as yourself does not include commenting negatively on other nationalities who've reached the headlines for the wrong reasons.

Maybe to make yourself feel better and to calm yourself down you could check the posts on that thread.

You will no comments from me before last night. I had not seen it before.

You've forgotten your comment in other threads then and the fact that in just a two weeks a number of posters have have called you out for your anti-British bias.

These Brit bashers are embarrassing to me, you are also starting to embarrass me by the way you carry on to be honest. 

Why are they Embarrassing to you ?...  you don't know them...     are you worried that you'll be tarred with the same Brush ??...  Why are you not Embarrassed if its an Aussie, or Russian, Spanish, Swiss or German etc...  

What happened to the stiff upper lip?

Something you failed to exercise when shooting your mouth of on here without thinking.

• Love It 1

4 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Tenuously linked? 
Blind Freddy can see the Brit has grassed up the Aussie after being arrested.

I don’t like snitches Richard. 
Don’t make excuses for him Richard.

No excuse - the Brit was also scum...   You failed to make any comment on the Australians situation, your input was only about the Brit...     this is where your anti-British agenda is clear for all to see.

I don't make excuses for anyone who behaves poorly....  And now, I'm calling you out for doing the same thing on this forum, only your negative behavior comes in the form of bigotry.

Anyone of an intellectually critical and balanced mind would share similar opinions on other stories involving different nationals, instead you focus on the stories involving the British.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

are you worried that you'll be tarred with the same Brush ??.

Yes.

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

yet hardly commented on any of the other threads involving other nationals who have found themselves in the media for the wrong reasons.

As a Brit in Thailand obviously I will be drawn to the Brit in Thailand threads.

And none of them have been good.

Not a single one.

If they had of been good I would have been proud. But I haven’t read anything to be proud of. Have you?

• Sad 2

Just now, MalcolmB said:
7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

are you worried that you'll be tarred with the same Brush ??.

Yes.

So you are worried that other Thai's and other foreigners will look at you and treat you with some negativity because an idiotic minority of British reach the second rate social media headlines ?.... 

But you have no concern whatsoever that other 'Western looking' foreigners don't attract similar negativity towards you?

Can people tell you are British just by looking at you ?

Additionally - its very fortunate that most people are not bigoted and don't tar all with the same brush...  Hence, I have no concern what other white-guys, Brit or otherwise get up to, because I don't believe it reflects poorly on  me because I believe most people aren't stupid enough to be as openly bias as some posters here are.

Just now, MalcolmB said:
7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

yet hardly commented on any of the other threads involving other nationals who have found themselves in the media for the wrong reasons.

As a Brit in Thailand obviously I will be drawn to the Brit in Thailand threads.

And none of them have been good.

Not a single one.

Yes, you are drawn to the 'Brits in Thailand' threads...    thats because of your negative bias, you don't even know you are bias. 

You've only been a member for a couple of weeks - how many negative Brit stories have you found ?

There will be a story every week...    thats the nature of this forum, a lot of it report on what foreigners get up to. 

Also, when looking at 'news'....  negative stories attract more attention, thus more ad revenue...  this is why most of the stories are about someone behaving badly...  and that includes people of all nationalities. 

Just now, MalcolmB said:

If they had of been good I would have been proud. But I haven’t read anything to be proud of. Have you?

Why would you be proud of someone you don't know ?

There have been plenty of stories in the past of foreigners doing good deeds in Thailand, plenty of Brits etc... but all these are by far outweighed by stories of foreigners reaching the headlines for doing the wrong thing - you seem to be concentrating on one facet of that bigger picture and only focusing on negative stories of Brits. 

• Like 1