Thailand proposes retirement savings lottery to combat poverty

20 minutes ago, ed strong said:

The government just getting a cash inflow here, subsidised by the poor people of Thailand.

If I give you a thousand baht today and you pay me back a thousand in 3 years time. I've just lost around 20 % of my purchasing power through inflation.

Government treats its citizens like right plonkers!

Yea but my wife is going to spend it anyway. At least this way just gets a microscopic chance of a lottery win and gets the 3000 returned to her. Even if it does lose to inflation, it's better than the nothing she is going have right now.

• Like 1

burj khalifa cost to build estimated 1.5 billion $ and Thailand wants to make a bigger one?!

So how much would that cost? Scrap that plan and you have money in the pocket.

Not even included how much it will cost in maintenance and operating afterwards.

Landbridge will fail, costing way too much. Scrap that plan and you have money in the pocket.

Keep smoking out all people in Thailand and they all die soon, no pensions to pay.

Keep putting west forbidden pesticides on vegetable and people will die on cancers, no pensions.

Keep fooling around with electricity and more people will die.

AN average on 43 people die every day in traffic, good keep it up, no pension to pay later.

Discourage youngsters with no future, more suicides , so no pension to pay.

• Agree 1

On 6/6/2024 at 6:29 PM, LS24 said:

A thoroughly good idea that was successful in other places in the past. He really though the Lotteries consortiums lobby to close the schemes down when official lottery revenue drops.

Why have not a superannuation? But that would cost the government some money.