Put those SEATS back !

21 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Crammed into economy!!!!

And....the person in front put their set back !!! 

Actually that included one way with leg room. I am 6'5'' and I have had some bad times with people in front but this trip was not bad. Rather spend on nice hotel .. can hack it for 9 hour flight. 

As far as I’m concerned flights are each man for themselves. The airline has designed the seats a certain way, anyone has a complaint they need to take it up with the airline. Don’t be telling me anything on a 15 hour flight because I am not listening 

5 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

As far as I’m concerned flights are each man for themselves. The airline has designed the seats a certain way, anyone has a complaint they need to take it up with the airline. Don’t be telling me anything on a 15 hour flight because I am not listening 

Oh Robert ..you need to do the respect and tolerance course 

On 6/7/2024 at 9:51 AM, georgegeorgia said:

started to laugh as I looked left with my two seats 💺 💺 

The elderly man was squashed in even at MEALTIME the arabic guy didn't put the seat up and the airline staff said NOTHING!

Why didnt you or he say something ? 

Happened to me recently and I just tapped the guy on the shoulder and asked for  bit more room and he moved his seat forwards .

Why are you so scared of a person speaking Arabic ?

7 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

$1990 for 2 economy seats ,and it was around $3900 for business 

You will see currently QANTAS have business class at $4200 compared to their economy at $890

You can book 2 seats by booking with the airline directly, and I wasn't the only one .

You only pay ONE set of taxes but you DON'T get 2 meals or 2 baggage allowance 

I don’t even believe you did this. I could be wrong. Seems what any sane airline would do is realize a seat is going to be unoccupied during pre takeoff routines and if it’s a booked flight, they’d fill the seat with a paying customer… because… that’s what airlines are in the business of doing 

1 minute ago, Robert Paulson said:

I don’t even believe you did this. I could be wrong. Seems what any sane airline would do is realize a seat is going to be unoccupied during pre takeoff routines and if it’s a booked flight, they’d fill the seat with a paying customer… because… that’s what airlines are in the business of doing 

Some airlines do offer the opportunity to buy another single seat so you can have two seats , the airline might expect the flight to be not full and so sell the empty seat 

10 hours ago, CecilM said:

Flying is miserable (maybe different in Business or First). I just accept 14h of misery and get on with it. 

I think thats the only way to a handle it...    Accept its going to be a crappy spell, and be as little trouble to anyone else around you.... 

As far as seats going back - some people just have too much to worry about, its pathetic. 

If the seat goes back its someones right to put their seat back, and if the person behind wants to put their seat back as a result, thats also fine.

If at meal times, put the seat upright, if someone doesn't, ask the flight attendant to intervene - its not a tricky thing,

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

If in economy class...

You'll be told to put your seat upright, window-blind open, tray table secured and seatbelt fastened... and you'd better listen or you'll have problems with the flight attendants. 

... The same goes at meal time... You'll be told to put your seat upright until meal service is over.

If you are not listening...  You'll have problems with the flight attendants and face some consequences depending on who is behind you and how they want to handle the issue.

22 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

Not only do you appear poorly travelled, you appear poorly educated. 

Some airlines do permit the booking of a second seat.... 

There are now 7 Airlines who offer 'sleeper rows' also called 'sky couches' where you can book 3 seats in economy, bedding is provided - its cheaper than business (which is usually about 4x Eco)...  and also cheaper than premium economy on some flights.

https://www.businessinsider.com/airlines-have-lie-flat-beds-in-economy-class-2023-4

Screenshot 2024-06-08 at 21.34.28.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

You buy the two seats BEFORE you fly.

Eg , you ring Qantas , you say I would like to purchase two seats in economy.

They say it's a "comfort" seat you say yes 

They issue two boarding passes one in your name and one saying extra in your name 

Edited by georgegeorgia

8 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

You buy the two seats BEFORE you fly.

Eg , you ring Qantas , you say I would like to purchase two seats in economy.

They say it's a "comfort" seat you say yes 

They issue two boarding passes one in your name and one saying extra in your name 

I don’t believe that. Because if I buy a ticket for a plane right now, and I don’t show up to the flight, they are going to sell my seat. I would say the same would happen to you: booked flight they are going to sell any “unused” seat they have available. And yes a passenger with the same name on two seats and only one of them checking in would trigger that system. Idk maybe I’m wrong but they are in the business of selling open seats. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

I don’t believe that. Because if I buy a ticket for a plane right now, and I don’t show up to the flight, they are going to sell my seat. I would say the same would happen to you: booked flight they are going to sell any “unused” seat they have available. And yes a passenger with the same name on two seats and only one of them checking in would trigger that system. Idk maybe I’m wrong but they are in the business of selling open seats. 

Some airlines allow the ‘second seat’ for a single person.  Some don’t…

it’s really just that simple. 

12 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Some airlines allow the ‘second seat’ for a single person.  Some don’t…

it’s really just that simple. 

Even if that’s true I would not count on it 100%. There’s no way if a person wants to pay top dollar they are letting that seat go unfilled. Or in an emergency, So no, it’s not that simple. And I think it’s foolish to buy 2 seats for those reasons, along with a few others I can think of

This topic about free seats on flights intrigues me because many times impudent people will take it upon themselves to switch seats once they have perused the area and located empty seats. I’ve always thought people should not be able to change from their original seat and wonder what would happen if I asked a flight attendant about it… for example if someone sat next to me and I knew that was not their original seat, which I have had happen before. 

In the case of buying 2 seats I suppose you’d have to stave these people off from taking the seat you have actually paid for. I wonder how that would work. Seems to me if there’s any question one should have to produce a ticket with the seat number on it to sit in any specific seat

• Confused 1