what is the law regarding growing trees near to my boundary wall and property

Posted (edited)

Hi

My neighbour and I are not on speaking terms as he tried to steal my land about 1 year ago and I had to call the police who told him he is not allowed to trespass as I hold chanote for my land.  Now he is  growing a kratom tree less than 2 metres from my boundary wall and 3 metres from my home.  The tree is less than a year old and already towers over my property which is on a lower level and the cheeky blighter has even tied a rope to the tree and then to my wall so he can pull the tree away from his own property and have it leaning towards mine.   

I went to the local Ob Bor Tor the other day and told them about the problem and they immediately recognised my neighbours name and seem to act somewhat conflicted in dealing with the matter.  I told them the neighbours back yard is far to small to grow any trees and that I am most worried about is the inevitable tree branches falling on my property and the roots undermining my boundary wall. They said they will inform him that he must cut back the tree but since then nothing has happened.  So I am wondering what is the particular thai law regarding this matter and who best to talk too to get this resolved.

Thanks for your kind advice

JAF

436561654_967221778277072_908955910254355816_n.jpg

441268702_836193681170890_8515668585145798249_n.jpg

Edited by JustAnotherFarang

I believe that trees must not be planted closer to any boundary than 3 meters.

For growth that comes over the boundary you are entitled to trim it back if the tree owner does not do so on request.

No surprise that "local" administration is reticent about  enforcing well known law.

More effective is to approach Provincial Admin if indeed the issue is of significant concern in recognition of the fact it will not endear yourself to possibly many people.

• Thanks 1

I don´t think there is any specific law in this matter, and the problem, looking at the photos does not seem to exist. However, like others already posted, you should tell him to trim any overhang to your side. Not being on speaking terms with your neighbour must be terrible. I guess both are unable to forgive and forget.

• Like 1