Trump to Virtually Attend Pre-Sentencing Interview for Hush-Money Conviction

Social Media

image.png.5b49c85c2e49402458a3fe4eb5ae27dc.png

Former President Donald Trump is set to virtually attend a pre-sentencing probation interview following his conviction in the New York hush-money trial. The interview, which will be conducted by a female New York probation officer, is expected to take place from Trump's Mar-a-Lago home in Palm Beach, Florida, using a specially secured virtual network instead of the more common Zoom platform. This arrangement is unusual as pre-sentencing interviews are typically conducted in person, though the virtual format in this case has been adopted for security reasons.

The purpose of pre-sentencing interviews is to provide the judge with additional insight and information before determining the sentence. Although these interviews are routine for those convicted of state and federal crimes, it is highly irregular for them to be conducted via video conference. Additionally, Judge Juan Merchan, who is overseeing the case, signed an order permitting Trump’s defense attorney, Todd Blanche, to be present during the interview. This too is an anomaly, as these interviews are usually conducted without the presence of the defendant's lawyers.

Judge Merchan will review the interview before sentencing Trump on July 11. This date falls just days before the Republican National Convention, where Trump is expected to be officially named as the GOP candidate to run against Democratic President Joe Biden in the upcoming general election. Despite facing a potential sentence of up to four years in prison, most legal experts predict that Trump will receive probation, considering his lack of previous criminal records and other mitigating factors such as his age.

In the lead-up to his sentencing, Trump has maintained a defiant stance, vowing to appeal the conviction and calling for intervention by the U.S. Supreme Court. Steven Cheung, Trump’s campaign spokesman, reiterated this determination in a statement, asserting that Trump and his legal team are taking necessary steps to challenge the Manhattan district attorney's case.

Last month, a Manhattan jury found Trump guilty on 34 counts of falsifying business records. The charges stem from efforts to cover up hush-money payments made to adult film actress Stormy Daniels during the 2016 election campaign. The payments were intended to suppress allegations that could have harmed Trump's chances of winning the presidency.

Credit: UPI 2024-06-11

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

43 minutes ago, Tug said:

Hope his probation officer is a woman lol 😂 and of color would be delightful!! He must be absolutely ready to explode lol 😂 

As with the old spiritual: Keep your eyes on the Prize.

To me, the prize is that Trump is not again elected President.

His felony conviction, for whatever charge, likely does not help him.

Widespread gloating over his felony conviction, maybe does.

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

I guess the media is enamoured with using the phrase "hush money" to describe Trump's conviction. Too bad it isnt true. Paying the whore to be quiet was not illegal.  It was the paperwork done afterwards where a Franken-felony was created. But I guess it just doesn't sound as sexy to say "book-keeping error conviction". 

Error? No way, deliberate illegal bookkeeping, hence the conviction.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Error? No way, deliberate illegal bookkeeping, hence the conviction.

Fine, then call it an "illegal book-keeping conviction". Same diff.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Trust a fan of a convicted felon.

OK

it seems a few of you die hard dems have troubles understanding. i do not like donald trump. if you happen to say it to me again i will know you are trolling.

or do you have a link to support that claim ? see how i did that. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Of course not, you’ve just got a thing about posting pro-Convicted Felon Trump messaging.

where am i ever pro trump ? post my comments ? my questioning things  does not mean i support trump or am pro trump. get a grip. 

stop assuming and putting falsehoods out there. you are simply trolling now and it's pathetic. 

also are you ok...you have said convicted felon in every single comment ? do you have octd ? obsessive compulsive trump disorder.

Edited by stoner
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Why does that bother someone who’s not a supporter?

because you are only saying it to antagonize people.

you intentionally say it over and over to elicit responses from people ( me included). which at times leads me to believe you are in fact a troll or shill. either way you are deliberately trying to antagonize. 

but i fully support your right to troll. keep at it. 

Just now, jerrymahoney said:

That's Ok. I voted against Trump for President twice. Who did you vote for?

Maybe you did, maybe you did not.

It’s one of those things that can never be proven.

And for good reason is kept confidential.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, stoner said:

because you are only saying it to antagonize people.

you intentionally say it over and over to elicit responses from people ( me included). which at times leads me to believe you are in fact a troll or shill. either way you are deliberately trying to antagonize. 

but i fully support your right to troll. keep at it. 

No, I’m saying it because it is true.

The presumptive candidate for the ‘party of law and order’ the party of ‘obey the law’ and ‘back the blue’ is a convicted felon.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:
3 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

That's Ok. I voted against Trump for President twice. Who did you vote for?

Maybe you did, maybe you did not.

It’s one of those things that can never be proven.

And for good reason is kept confidential.

Thanks. I just wanted the folks on here to see your oft repeated standard answer.

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:
4 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Thanks. I just wanted the folks on here to see your oft repeated standard answer.

Only glad to oblige

Yes and I have posted that because on several occasions you have suggested that -- based upon my analysis of Trump's legal positions especially on this criminal case that is also supported by multiple left leaning legal scholars -- I am not sufficiently anti-Trump to be genuinely anti-Trump.

But asking you who you have voted for is almost like asking most girls if you can look up their dress.

38 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Of course not, you’ve just got a thing about posting pro-Convicted Felon Trump messaging.

It's old already and it's only been a week.

Can you imagine how lame it's going to sound by November? 😃