I think I totally stuffed myself!

15 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Who's insurance?

If you crash my bike then I want the money from you. If you have an insurance which pays for you, fine. If not, then you should pay.

I don't see a reason to pay for an insurance so that someone else can crash my bike.

Yes, if I crashed my bike into yours without insurance then yes what you say is true, because we are strangers.

However, the OP states this is not the case in his situation. He accidentally crashed his girlfriend's car into her brother's bike. There is a clear relationship. In this instance, the most logical and sane solution is to have the insurance pay for it. Making up hypotheticals that are not part of the OP initial query only muddies the water. If my father-in-law (for example) accidentally reversed my wife's car into my bike. I could be a total arse and demand he pays for the repairs. Or I could be rational and make an insurance claim that minimizes stress and undue financial pressure. Your choice.  

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, jonclark said:

Yes, if I crashed my bike into yours without insurance then yes what you say is true, because we are strangers.

However, the OP states this is not the case in his situation. He accidentally crashed his girlfriend's car into her brother's bike. There is a clear relationship. In this instance, the most logical and sane solution is to have the insurance pay for it. Making up hypotheticals that are not part of the OP initial query only muddies the water. If my father-in-law (for example) accidentally reversed my wife's car into my bike. I could be a total arse and demand he pays for the repairs. Or I could be rational and make an insurance claim that minimizes stress and undue financial pressure. Your choice.  

I am not aware of insurance contracts which make differences if we are strangers, related to each other, boyfriend and girlfriends, or anything like that.

If anybody would tell the insurance an incorrect story, then that would be insurance fraud. 

17 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am not aware of insurance contracts which make differences if we are strangers, related to each other, boyfriend and girlfriends, or anything like that.

If anybody would tell the insurance an incorrect story, then that would be insurance fraud. 

I suggest you have a morning coffee..then re read the post you have just replied to. 

1 hour ago, jonclark said:

Yes, if I crashed my bike into yours without insurance then yes what you say is true, because we are strangers

I think without insurance is the most important phrase. 

Have a good day.

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

However, this suggests that you perceive the world in binary terms, strictly 'black and white,' while much of Thailand exists within a 'grey area,' where such ambiguities are prevalent.

Therefore, you have a choice: you can simplify life for yourself and those around you, or you can choose a more difficult path, potentially creating additional problems. Most people would choose to make life easier for themselves and those around them. I'm sure you would too, but it seems you've taken a binary stance because you feel entrenched in your position in this discussion.

37 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

However, this suggests that you perceive the world in binary terms, strictly 'black and white,' while much of Thailand exists within a 'grey area,' where such ambiguities are prevalent.

Therefore, you have a choice: you can simplify life for yourself and those around you, or you can choose a more difficult path, potentially creating additional problems. Most people would choose to make life easier for themselves and those around them. I'm sure you would too, but it seems you've taken a binary stance because you feel entrenched in your position in this discussion.

I don't think above could ever happen to me. And in the unlikely case that it would happen, then I would sort it out with the people involved.

I think anybody who asks a question like that in a forum should expect legal answers and not something like you can sort this out by lying to the insurance... 

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't think above could ever happen to me. And in the unlikely case that it would happen, then I would sort it out with the people involved.

Yup... and thats what most of the suggestions for the Op are - to sort it out with the people involved, by just using the car insurance - BUT, the Op has not confirmed that the car has insurance. 

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think anybody who asks a question like that in a forum should expect legal answers and not something like you can sort this out by lying to the insurance... 

It seems the original poster (OP) may lack the acumen to solve this straightforward issue on their own.

Utilising car insurance was an obvious and simple solution.

Often, when reading of situations such as this, the OP's post is poorly written and lacks useful information, making it challenging for others to provide sound advice.

It's not surprising that some individuals find themselves in these self-inflicted predicaments. The flaws in their initial posts often reveal a lack of common sense.