Joe Biden Favored to Beat Donald Trump in 538 Election Forecast

Social Media

12 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Also, Gerry Adams who was instrumental in the peace talks. 

that was an extraordinary moment in UK/Irish history. there's a great movie, that catches the moment ''The Journey''  - McGuiness & Paisley

• Like 2

1 hour ago, paddypower said:

typical American shoot-from-the-lip reaction. you completely missed the point i made. which was that the electoral system sucks, as it designed  by the authors of the US Constitution to be a compromise between election by Congress versus election by popular vote. the informed world knows that the US Congress is bought and paid for. the result is, more often than not, the popular vote is ignored. do you need pictures to comprehend common sense? no wonder your country is f'd up. regardless of Dems or GOP, it is half way towards a fascist state. 

I guess you didn't spend a lot of time reading or understanding my previous reply. I'm not American, but thank you for the compliment just the same.

The US system is similar to many countries, especially in the G7. In Canada, the party that got the most votes in the last 2 federal elections also did not form the government.  Parliamentary system in action. 

As for the rest of your tedious screed, I will just leave it hanging for others to peruse and contemplate. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gargamon said:

As much as I detest faux news, it looks like they're posting something accurate for once.

https://www.foxnews.com/official-polls/fox-news-poll-three-point-shift-biden-trump-matchup-since-may

President Biden is the frontrunner in a hypothetical matchup against former President Trump for the first time since October, as positive views of the economy inch up — hitting their highest level thus far in the Biden presidency, according to a new Fox News national survey.  

Since May, there was a 3-point change in the presidential race. Trump was ahead by 1 point last month, while Biden is up by 2 points today: 50%-48

Screenshot_20240620_104325_Brave.jpg

I too was caught by surprise today too about another Fox News having polling showing the dramatic up turn from Independent vote.

I had to do a double take as  I think it is the first time Fox has told a surprising truth!

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, paddypower said:

tough titty. 😉 

There have been four exceptions: 1876, 1888, 2000, and 2016 produced an Electoral College winner who lost the popular vote due to the outsized effects of close and narrow pluralities in numerous swing states.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

I guess you didn't spend a lot of time reading or understanding my previous reply. I'm not American, but thank you for the compliment just the same.

The US system is similar to many countries, especially in the G7. In Canada, the party that got the most votes in the last 2 federal elections also did not form the government.  Parliamentary system in action. 

As for the rest of your tedious screed, I will just leave it hanging for others to peruse and contemplate. 

Canada don't have a President. How is that similar to USA. 

4 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Canada don't have a President. How is that similar to USA. 

We have a PM. Seems to hang out a lot with the American President at various meetings and so on. So pretty similar IMHO.

8 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

We have a PM. Seems to hang out a lot with the American President at various meetings and so on. So pretty similar IMHO.

Don't think he "hang out" like buddies. Fact of the matter, they hate each other. Trudeau just doing his official duties meeting Trump and in IMHO always try to avoid Trump. He was caught laughing at Trump in the company of other G7 allies. 

• Agree 2

47 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Don't think he "hang out" like buddies. Fact of the matter, they hate each other. Trudeau just doing his official duties meeting Trump and in IMHO always try to avoid Trump. He was caught laughing at Trump in the company of other G7 allies. 

Here's the link:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/04/nato-summit-trudeau-macron-johnson-appear-to-joke-about-trump.html

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

555 if Justin really was buddies with Trump, Saint Pierre would be turning in his grave.

17 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

And it's only Tuesday.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/total-fiction-cnn-fact-checker-072723965.html

Trump Brutally Exposed for Mindblowing Number of Lies in One Speech

We can expect much, much more of this until election time.  Trump will just keep on lying and lying with impunity and his minions in right wing media will parrot his words.  It's really up to the American people to decipher it all.  I'm still confident that in the end, a majority of Americans will not allow a corrupt lying conman and convicted felon to become POTUS. 

• Agree 1