30,000 Baht Lost Due to Incomplete ATM Deposit in Bangkok

webfact

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

That couple went straight to Sukhumvit for lunch and drinks,  they decided it was their lucky day.

Like finding money on the street... finders keepers.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Advances in technology in every aspects of people lives left many confused and unsure as how to process and complete

a transaction concerning cash and documents and theres are the results,

I think the bank should go towards the client and help him with some of his losses and re examine their claim that the

sensors will prevent access to the cash once it has been put in the box that it turned out to be incorrect...

put a low life human into the equation and all the modern technology you could wish for goes out the window. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I've never lost money on either a deposit, withdrawal, or transfer in an ATM, but I have lost my card twice. That's a real hassle since, unless the ATM is actually in the bank, and sometimes even then, a private agency has been employed to service the machines, and they just cut up any cards they find. You'll never get them back.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Peterphuket said:

It is the same with withdrawing money from an atm machine, in Europe, before you take the money out of the machine, you have to take out your credit card first, here in LOS it is exactly the other way around, resulting in forgetting to take out the credit card.
People have been complaining about this for years but they don't change it.
Why not, is the big question.

One wonders if bank intent is involved.
Otherwise, change it anyway.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, steven100 said:

just when I thought i'd seen it all ....

I was at Tesco food court yesterday having some lunch and an elderly lady, quite well dressed ... on a table near had just finished her Pad Thai and she promptly opens the table tissue container and grabs all the tissues .. a new full pack and puts them in her bag.  

Looks like my sister, whenever she went to the breakfast buffet in a hotel in the morning, she would also always take everything in a tissue, for lunch.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, digger70 said:

30,000 Baht Lost Due to Incomplete ATM Deposit in Bangkok. 

The bank is Wrong .

It's there ATM thus their responsibility that that ATM Works 100%

If the ATM 's  Sensor Failed   to stop Other Costumers from Taking  money out off the Storage bin  than that is the Banks responsibility to rectify that  to protect costumers from losing their money.

Own up Bank , Pay up for your mistake /Non maintenance.

Don’t think anything on the machine failed. He failed to push a button. Can’t see what the bank can do to stop that happening

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Once happened to me. Not sure what happened but I think partly my fault and a slow cash deposit machine. It took money, closed door then shut down. Fortunately it was located outside a Bangkok Bank branch. When inside and notified them. She made a couple calls and told me to wait awhile. About 30 minutes later we went outside and she opened machine and money returned.

• Like 2