Anyone succeeded doing a 90 days report online after a change of passport

prb

Hi,

Been doing the 90 days online reports for years without issue.

I renewed my passport in my embassy in BKK :

Following Online 90 days report:

REJECTED: go to the nearest immigration office immediately

Went there (Jomtien) with old and new passport and did it there, any question about the online report rejection was dismissed as if they could not care less.

New attempt for a 90 days report Online 

REJECTED: you need to go report in the office in person if you have left the country

BUT I DID NOT LEAVE THE COUNTRY :crying:

Is someone in this specific situation (Passport renewal in Thailand) found a way to get his 90 days online report accepted.

• Like 1

Just now, TigerandDog said:

I also do online 90 reports and after my new passport was issued my online 90 day report was rejected. Went in person, as per the reason for rejection, and was told that the first 90 day report after transferring the stamps to my new passport must be in person. After that online is ok again.

How many times have folks been told this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It doesn't matter whether you renewed your passport locally or in home country as your new passport (bearing new pp numbers too) superseded your current/old passport and Immigration doesn't have it in their system database, hence will not accept your first 90 reporting application online. 

Firstly, one need to do, visit and do a physical visa extension stamp transfer (with photocopies of new pp) to your new passport at your area IO together with transfer application form available there. Once transfer completed and approved. 

Then wait till last 2 weeks window period of your 90 days reporting, then make another trip to your area IO to do your 90 days reporting in person. Subsequent reportings can be easily done and accepted "online(easiest)/post/in person". 

FYI, I've used and changed 3 pps previously, all have to go thru the above without a doubt. 

Hope it helps, 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Since they updated the site a couple of years ago on line was working well... until now.

I did my annual extension in January after a trip abroad returning September after which it still worked in December. Same passport.But in both March and again this week I received the rejection. The only tell was that on both occasions I did not receive the reminder email as I'd always had previously. When I went in march I asked what the problem was and was just told " error ” , presumably in their systems. This was Korat office but I don't know if the problem relates to a local level or is fundamental to the central website. 

I'm thinking of simply trying again on Monday because I'm not due until 26th ( I always do the on line application soon after the 15 day previous window opens) 

Any feedback or information on what is going on if a wider issue?