Visa Options

My Non Imm O Multi Entry from London Embassy is running out soon, and looking for some advice on what visa I should use moving forward. If any one has any suggestions that would be much appreciated.

I’m 35 years old and married to a Thai,

local office is Jomtien. 

I work a  4 weeks on 4 weeks off rotation offshore in USA. I’m from UK originally, and travel back to Thailand every time off. 

I don’t mind seasoning the 400k, but I don’t have the time to stay in Thailand more than 25 days when I’m back due to having to fly back to work. 

Savvannakhet is the most desirable option, but seems totally impossible to get an appointment. I have tried to contact local agent there to see if they can assist and couldn’t get through. 

Im learning Thai through a company in Pattaya, so Ed visa could be a short term option with a re entry permit. But not ideal for long term. 

I started the LTR process but was never eligible due to working for a subsidiary company of my company that doesn’t meet the financial requirements. 

I wondered if I can obtain either METV or SE Non Imm O from US consulate when I’m at work. I have a B1 visa. It would be ideal if I could use extension / re entry permit on the 90 non imm O stamp, altough not sure if this possible. 

The last option is to just come Visa Exempt until I’m told that I need a visa. Which happened in late 2019, hence why i went down the visa route in the first place.

Elite would be a last resort.

DTV might be an option next year but need something sooner.

Long drawn out post but just explaining my full situation and the options that i can see available. Thanks in advance, hopefully some other people in the same situation can share some insight.

Cheers

• Thumbs Up 2

Clearly a non-O multi from Savannakhet would be your best option.  I'd be inclined to keep trying to get an appointment there, it's a new system, maybe/probably still not reliable - I presume you already called and emailed them directly, not only via an "agent"?  Until then visa exempt ought to work until it doesn't, carry proof of your married status, financials, etc., and I can't imagine any issue.

How about put the 400k in the bank, get a Non-O 90-day visa, then in 2 months when you're back in Thailand and the money is seasoned, get your 1-yr marriage extension. I assume you were married in Thailand and have the docs from Amphur already. If not, can go to a transalation company and they can arrange appointment at Amphur and take care of all marriage docs. You have to go to IM to get your pic taken with the wife and to get your "under consideration" stamp, but an agent can go get your final stamp & MRE permit, but by then you may be back. In your case, it would be helpful to get an agent/agency to help you.

Edited by JohnnyBD

1 minute ago, JohnnyBD said:

How about put the 400k in the bank, get a Non-O 90-day visa, then in 2 months when you're back in Thailand and the money is seasoned, get your 1-yr marriage extension. I assume you were married in Thailand and have the docs from Amphur already. If not, can go to a transalation company and they can arrange appointment at Amphur and take care of all marriage docs. Just a thought. Not sure if it is workable for you.

Good plan but the problem will likely come with the extension as there will be the "under consideration" period during which he will have gone back to work.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

Good plan but the problem will likely come with the extension as there will be the "under consideration" period during which he will have gone back to work.  

An agent can go back and get the final stamp when the under consideration period is done. My agent goes for me and also gets my MRE permit at same time. I only make one trip to CW, to take pic with the wife, in & out in 20 min and I'm done.

Edited by JohnnyBD

6 minutes ago, JohnnyBD said:

You have to go to IM for your pic with wife and get the initial stamp "under review", but an agent can go get your final stamp and MRE permit after 30 days, but by then you may be back

Don't follow. The guy is only in Thailand for a month then out for a month. 

During the under consideration period there may be a home visit.

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Don't follow. The guy is only in Thailand for a month then out for a month. 

During the under consideration period there may be a home visit.

He may have a home visit, but I never did. I think an agent/agency could definitely handle this for him. But, if you think not, then I defer to you.

Edited by JohnnyBD

9 minutes ago, JohnnyBD said:

He may have a home visit, but I never did. I think an agent/agency could definitely handle this for him. But, if you think not, then I defer to your advice.

Your suggestion re agent is very valid. The guy lives in Pattaya so suggest he drop into Maneerat Soi 13/2 or one of the many other agents to explain his situation. 

If the guy can at some point have couple of months continuous in Thailand (holidays?) then a non O with 12 month extension and reentry permit his best option.

However even that has issue as Jomitien were requiring 2 months of seasoning for the 400k. (not correct rule but it's Jomitien) 

47 minutes ago, JohnnyBD said:

An agent can go back and get the final stamp when the under consideration period is done. My agent goes for me and also gets my MRE permit at same time. I only make one trip to CW, to take pic with the wife, in & out in 20 min and I'm done.

An agent cannot go back for the final stamp if the passport is abroad, along with the OP. That's the big issue here, being abroad while the "under consideration" period ends.

• Thumbs Up 2

Thanks for all of the advice guys. 

If I get an under consideration stamp, can I leave the country on a re entry permit and come back and finalise the application?

I tried Manareet who says they cannot assist with marriage visa. I have spoken to another agent who says it may be possible to get it done quickly but need  go to immigration to get more information .

I will call Savannakhet again to try and get more information on the booking system, and hopefully it’ll sort it self out.

15 minutes ago, kenyersel said:

I will call Savannakhet again to try and get more information on the booking system, and hopefully it’ll sort it self out.

Thinking will be waste of time.

Keep eye on reports in this forum.

Hopefully will be sorted. 

There are one month roster guys using visa exempt entries.

You only need 30 days per entry to Thailand.

Should be a stop gap option..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Caldera said:

An agent cannot go back for the final stamp if the passport is abroad, along with the OP. That's the big issue here, being abroad while the "under consideration" period ends.

I agree and know that. I was thinking that he could get an agent to handle it, and coordinate getting his under consideration stamp on his first day back in country, and then go get the final stamp and MRE permit before he leaves again. I know it can be done, becuase my last one was done in less than 4 weeks. An agent could tell him if it's workable or not. His worse case, is he has to fly out without the final stamp and he's no worse off than before. At least he still had the 90-day Non-O.

• Like 1