1 year multiple entry based on marriage - Savannakhet - Feb 28th 2024 report

Fantastic report. So clear. Will assist others.

Personally wouldn't want to do that every year.

Ever considered obtain annual extensions from a (single entry) Non O 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I think we all know about extensions, but there are probably many reasons why many folk take the trip to Sav.....😉

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, transam said:

I think we all know about extensions, but there are probably many reasons why many folk take the trip to Sav.....😉

Exactly.....  for me two main reasons...

1)  I do not currently trust Thai banks  &  2) There is SO Much more I can do and earn with 800K Thai Baht!!

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, FARANG KIWI said:

1)  I do not currently trust Thai banks  &  2) There is SO Much more I can do and earn with 800K Thai Baht!!

Yes, that is one of many, members have their own reasons to trek to Sav , even myself.........😋 

1 minute ago, atomphuket said:

Having contacted them before going, this is what they asked me. So yes it is now 😥

But not for 2 months seasoning, shown in the bank on the day of application.

That is, unless things have not changed again...😋

59 minutes ago, FARANG KIWI said:

400k not 800k. Having this on account is the safest way to have your visa/extension approved, based on my experience. If you have a better way, just share it with us please ;)

6 minutes ago, transam said:

But not for 2 months seasoning, shown in the bank on the day of application.

That is, unless things have not changed again...😋

This is the point i'm not sure about, as I try to  keep 400k always on the account. The best is to contact the Savannakhet consulate by email and ask for clear answer. They were quite prompt answering my questions.

1 minute ago, atomphuket said:

This is the point i'm not sure about, as I try to  keep 400k always on the account. The best is to contact the Savannakhet consulate by email and ask for clear answer. They were quite prompt answering my questions.

Sure, better safe than sorry, though if you are refused they will give you a 90 day Non-O, so all will not be lost to go and sort stuff out.....☺️

35 minutes ago, transam said:

Sure, better safe than sorry, though if you are refused they will give you a 90 day Non-O, so all will not be lost to go and sort stuff out.....☺️

yeah definitely. But 90 days for a long trip from Phuket would have been very disappointing though haha. That's why I chose that place based on other reports here. Still possible to get 1 year 🙏

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Thank you 🙏 Every year is a different story for me. Sometimes i can do the extension, sometimes i have to start from scratch. Good to see it's still possible to get the 1 year there. For now :D

8 minutes ago, atomphuket said:

Good to see it's still possible to get the 1 year there. For now

You stated in the thread.....

"And working offshore on a rotation job, this is not an option for me." 

Understand now ..... for guys on roster (eg oil gas) the Non O single entry with extensions can be a no go given under consideration period.

Many years ago some guys using visa exempt with month on/off had an easy option. 

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You stated in the thread.....

"And working offshore on a rotation job, this is not an option for me." 

Understand now ..... for guys on roster (eg oil gas) the Non O single entry with extensions can be a no go given under consideration period.

Many years ago some guys using visa exempt with month on/off had an easy option. 

Yeah I did exactly that for a while after covid, and since the war. However my company changed my planning recently so had to stay longer than 30+30 days and had to find solution. Hence the trip to Savannakhet :D:D. 

• Thumbs Up 1

They told me to bring 6 month bank statement showing 400k.

Perhaps it was some misunderstanding here. Even to get 1 year extension inside the country need to seasoning 400K during 2 months and then wait 30 days while consideration i.e. totally 3 months. What they may request it is showing current bank account balance is not less than this amount like in some other consulates. 

On 3/2/2024 at 2:23 PM, DrJack54 said:

Many people still do this, it also helps with the new tax rules and days in the country.

• Haha 1

I went to Savannakhet  last year and was offered a 12,000b  agent assisted 1 year non-o married to a Thai  visa with no financials required by the shop across the road from the consulate. I am not sure if that included the visa fee. I did not take it as I had other options but am surprised that nobody has taken it up and reported back. Considering a retirement visa in Pattaya is far more expensive to set up. 

41 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

I went to Savannakhet  last year and was offered a 12,000b  agent assisted 1 year non-o married to a Thai  visa with no financials required by the shop across the road from the consulate. I am not sure if that included the visa fee. I did not take it as I had other options but am surprised that nobody has taken it up and reported back. Considering a retirement visa in Pattaya is far more expensive to set up. 

Put that in the woulda coulda...

Never read a similar report. 

Suggest folk ignore that option. 

On 3/7/2024 at 1:35 PM, PJ71 said:

Many people still do this, it also helps with the new tax rules and days in the country.

As usual you picked out last short sentence from my post.

More and more immigration are checking folk using visa exempt for ongoing living in Thailand. 

For roster on/off this can become an issue if Immigration notice a previous non O marriage or fact you are over 50 and have options other than continuous visa exempt entries. 

37 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Unfortunately I was one of the first to be refused for no Financials in October. My last non-o had not expired yet but for my own reasons and suspecting with the new government a change was coming I went early and was refused. I actually commented on  one of the first reports that they had changed policy if you check the feeds. As I was leaving in a very bad mood  one of the tuk tuk drivers  grabbed me and said I can get you a visa. He took me to the shop across the road and she grabbed my passport and started writing details. She said 12000 b for a non o. I already had another entry so I left, wrote off my travel costs and had another 3 months, a border run then 2 months visiting my wife. If you do not believe me you can easily check my former posts or maybe assume that Savannakhet immigration are so correct that they will not lower themselves to agent assisted visas. Considering the cost of living in Laos  comparing it to a 22,000 baht first  time agent assisted retirement visa in Pattaya it does not sound so 'could, woulda'  I am surprised I am the only one who commented. There are 3 shops across the road and it was the closest to the bus station etc

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

I am sorry for so many posts but I did not know how to comment on my screenshots of my private message with the other poster. With all respect, I find it hard to believe that you think there are no agents in Savannakhet and as  they are usually located close to immigration (in this case across the road) I do not understand that you think it is implausible. Before I left Laos, after I was over the frustration of being refused I did get the tuktuk to take me back to the shop as I thought it was a useful contact but it was closed in the afternoon I left a note under the door but no reply. I did send to Dolly's pizza shop(well known farung shop in Savannakhet)  but no reply. If I was sure  I could get an agent visa there for such a bargain price  I would go straight there on my next visit.

Edited by Wongkitlo
Edit

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

As usual you picked out last short sentence from my post.

More and more immigration are checking folk using visa exempt for ongoing living in Thailand. 

For roster on/off this can become an issue if Immigration notice a previous non O marriage or fact you are over 50 and have options other than continuous visa exempt entries. 

No, i pick out the bit i'm interested in, is that ok?

I know many many people that have been doing the visa exempt for many many years without any issues, i think i've mentioned that before but it's obviously slipped your mind.

7 hours ago, PJ71 said:

I know many many people that have been doing the visa exempt for many many years without any issues, i think i've mentioned that before but it's obviously slipped your mind

I specifically referred to roster workers. 

Such as oil/gas guys mining etc.

For years some just used visa exempt. 

If over 50 or married (have options) are being told to obtain a visa.

Perhaps roster workers can post their experience.  

Outlined issue in this thread 

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I specifically referred to roster workers. 

You refer to them and it being an issue, where based on firsthand experience it's clearly not an issue for them continuously using visa exempt route.

Do you know any roster workers? how many have had issues?

1 hour ago, PJ71 said:

Do you know any roster workers? how many have had issues?

Know a few. Udon Thani bar area. 

Most married or 50+ as a result they have alternative to using visa exempt entries.

Did you even read the thread I posted link to. In particular have a read of the OP and @BritTim post.

My own personal experience was 10+ years ago when I traveled a LOT. 

In particular trips to Saigon.

In those days triple entry tourist visa was available. Similar to today's METV.

So eventually the io at Saigon consulate said to me.....

"You live in Thailand and 50+ get a retirement visa"