Any change to TM30 situation?

Hi all, and apologies in advance for repeating this subject. I know that landlords etc are supposed to submit a TM30 within 24 hours of arrival but where I'll be staying this will not happen, at least not on time. I don't want to enter into a debate about any of that, I just want to know if when I have to go an do an extension after 30 days at immigration, if checking into a hotel the night before will suffice and I will just be subject to a fine for being late. Or will it be a case of immigration wanting to know where I stayed up until then? I went through this a year ago and went to immigration without any TM30 or documents and was told to go and get them and come back, which I managed to do within 24 hours and I paid a late fee of 800 baht, but they would not have done anything had I not gone back and hassled the landlord to give me the required documents. But I also just read a comment on Reddit (dated 4 months ago) where the person showed up at immigration without any TM30 and they claimed they were able to pay the fine but were not required - like me - to actually go and get the documents required for the TM30. Any input here would be greatly appreciated. 

41 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

You can't be required to get the documents if the landlord does not cooperate. You just end up not being able to file and have to pay a fine.

No, it has not improved. Just a way to fine people imo.

Thanks Jim, good to know. Just one question. Does that mean I pay the fine at Chiang Wattana before heading off to do the extension at the other place (I forget the name)?

9 minutes ago, steve0101 said:

Thanks Jim, good to know. Just one question. Does that mean I pay the fine at Chiang Wattana before heading off to do the extension at the other place (I forget the name)?

Ask them and carry money around with you. You could be told different things. 🤣

Edited by JimTripper

21 minutes ago, steve0101 said:

Just one question. Does that mean I pay the fine at Chiang Wattana before heading off to do the extension at the other place (I forget the name)?

If you entered Thailand visa exempt then you will apply for 30 day extension at IT Mall LakSi.

Most likely they require a TM30  and yes checking into a hotel should work.. Obviously check with hotel first that they will give you screenshot of the filing

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If you entered Thailand visa exempt then you will apply for 30 day extension at IT Mall LakSi.

Most likely they require a TM30  and yes checking into a hotel should work.. Obviously check with hotel first that they will give you screenshot of the filing

Thanks Jack!

• Thumbs Up 1

Just so everyone is clear what you want from the new TM30 system.

There is no b/s screen grab like we used to have to do on the old TM30 system once it was filed 

This new system lets you log in, select the address, fill out the info to file a TM30, save the data, search for the data, recall it, and EXPORT it <-which gives a PDF file showing a TM30 was filed.  Now you can even search for a previously filed TM30 for up to 15 days (before it was only a week)

This is what you want from your hotel, landlord, if you use the system yourself, at the end of the day THIS is your proof you filed a TM30 

example TM30 receipt.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

There is no b/s screen grab like we used to have to do on the old TM30 system once it was filed 

This new system lets you log in, select the address, fill out the info to file a TM30, save the data, search for the data, recall it, and EXPORT it <-which gives a PDF file showing a TM30 was filed.  Now you can even search for a previously filed TM30 for up to 15 days (before it was only a week)

This is what you want from your hotel, landlord, if you use the system yourself, at the end of the day THIS is your proof you filed a TM30 

example TM30 receipt.jpg

This is not clear to me at all. I've just spent an hour going round and round on their websites.

I made an account 2 years ago, logged in, my address is approved...what next?

I added the dates I'll be here, clicked save and the data is not recognised.

???? What am I doing wrong?

Do you have a link to get to the submission page?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, SenorTashi said:

So, thanks to whoever laughed at my last post, but does anyone have any actual advice about how to do the TM30 online?

If it's not recognized it may just not want to do it for some reason. The same way mine was rejected. You need to go into the office to sort it out unfortunately.

Edited by JimTripper

Just now, JimTripper said:

I'm thinking a lot of people just pay the bribe and use an agent and/or pay the fine.

The system is set up to be confusing and not work well and maybe there is not a big incentive to fix it.

I opened an account last year and registered online fairly easily and then within a week, they sent me a message to say  they have a new system now and I need to register again. I still havent done that. But when i log in to the original account, it takes me to my approved address but then I get this message which makes no sense. I just go round and round. 

Screenshot 2024-06-16 at 22.14.10.png

3 hours ago, SenorTashi said:

I'm leaving Thailand with 2 months anyway so am I likely to get fined on the way out?

I'm on a retirement visa so I dont need to extend it.

The people at passport control when you stamp out don't care if you ever filed a TM30 or did a 90 day report 
That's not their job, they just stamp you out and let you leave

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

example TM30 receipt.jpg

So if I did 90 day extensions that were approved with my address will copies of that suffice when I renew 1 year retirement?

Edited by charleskerins
nm

Sadly, the TM30 system is NOT intuitive nor foreign user friendly.

I cannot stress enough that people need to go thru the USER GUIDE (english version is available)

Also there are you-tube videos out that walk you thru it step by step if you search for them. 

TM30 ENGLISH USER GUIDE

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, charleskerins said:

So if iIdid 90 day extensions that were approved with my address will copies of that suffice when I renew 1 year retirement?

As a rule no, you're confusing 90 day reporting <- which has nothing to do with TM30 other than the addresses cross check with a TM30 receipt. 

• Like 1

A friend of mine recently went to phuket immigration for 30 days extension. He was not asked about any TM30. I know that might be strange, but that is what happened. Do not know if that is for extension of stay only because you certainly need it for other things. I am aware this might not be normal. Just wondered of they changed a little. 

4 hours ago, SenorTashi said:

I opened an account last year and registered online fairly easily and then within a week, they sent me a message to say  they have a new system now and I need to register again. I still havent done that. But when i log in to the original account, it takes me to my approved address but then I get this message which makes no sense. I just go round and round. 

Screenshot 2024-06-16 at 22.14.10.png

I got the same error the last week of May (system update notice appeared on the login screen) becuase I couldn't select the radio button (upper left corner) of an address I added last year.   System won't process without selecting an address and gives this error.

To correct this issue, I added the same address in the TM30 system and reuploaded wifes ID and 2 HB pages.  It was accepted immediately.  I also deleted the old non-working address.  I was now able to click the updated address radio button on the left and on the right enter my PP, Nationality, dates of stay, etc. and the system immediately accepted the updated TM30.  After that, I searched for my TM30, located it and printed the PDF that others mention.  

Hope this helps

Edited by Expat4life66
  • Thumbs Up 1

No nothing much have changed. Still a lot of rouge offices that do like they what. Besides that, they usually, my own experience and word from some friends, not so hard on the 24h rule. Have made it myself 2 days after and smiles al around. However, depends on the office, officer and the mood of the day. Same like getting married in Thailand 😉 

• Like 1