Explosion strikes annual rocket festival in Roi Et: 30 injured

george

5 hours ago, brianthainess said:

I'm sure they all passed science in kindy grade 2.....:giggle:...

I very much doubt it as many failed 2nd grade plasticine in prep school.

9 hours ago, steven100 said:

If I remember correctly,  wasn't there an accident last year at this same event with a rocket malfunction or similar ....  I remember reading this some time ago ..

All the fine upstanding youth of the area were pissed right off their heads and most were carrying necks of large beer bottles in their hip pickets. Obviously it pays to be armed in that area. A female friend of my wife stood shot gun in the mens toilet just to watch my back. Actually the brawl halted when some hero rode a motor cycle right into the middle of it. He was traveling at least 60-70 kms per hour.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, rabas said:

Are the Thai still kind and let the foreigners stand in front for a better view?

I've always heard this was the reason...

I heard of a journalist that was posted to the Middle East for a while, and he was intrigued by the fact that it was not an uncommon sight to see a  man walking with a few of his wives walking behind, so he eventually found one of the ladies who spoke a bit of English, and asked "Why do the women always walk behind the men over here?  Is it because you see him as your superior - a sign of subservience to acknowledge the fact that he is your master, and that because he is a man, he is therefore in some way better than you and the other women in his life?"

The answer was very short, but to the point:- "No" she replied "Land mines"! 🙂   

• Haha 1