Morgan Freeman Critiques Black History Month: "My History Is American History"

Social Media

Black history month ,MLK and cultural Marxist teaching of DEI.

“I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character”.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

I could never understand, why does "Pride" get a month, but soldiers who made the ultimate sacrifice to protect our freedoms only get a day?   

Is "Pride" an official celebration and holiday?

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JonnyF said:

I'm with Mr Freeman on this one. He's spoken about it before. It's very divisive. 

Reminds me of Mr Murray's comments on Pride month. Also very valid comments from someone who clearly understands what it means to be gay. 

Of course this will annoy the left immensely. A black man not supporting Black History month? Get back into the box we have created for you. A gay man not supporting Pride? How dare he. Is he superficially gay?  😃

the box was created in 1619 and it wasn't  created by the left

4 hours ago, riclag said:

Black history month ,MLK and cultural Marxist teaching of DEI.

“I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character”.

Black history month

Mlk vs the cultural Marxist DEI.

The world was progressing toward his dream until… DEI. 

The 1964 Nobel Peace Prize was awarded to the American Baptist minister and activist Martin Luther King Jr. (1929–1968) "for his non-violent struggle for civil rights for the Afro-American population." He is the twelfth American recipient of the prestigious Peace Prize. Martin Luther King Jr.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1964_Nobel_Peace_Prize#:~:text=The 1964 Nobel Peace Prize,of the prestigious Peace Prize.&text=Martin Luther King Jr.,-"for his non

“Do you know this song? ‘To everything, there is a season.’

It was from the book of Ecclesiastes Ch 3, adapted by Pete Seger and made a hit by the Byrds....

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

To everything there is a season (turn, turn turn). [1]

And a time to every purpose under heaven.

2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

A time to be born, a time to die.

A time to plant, a time to reap.

3A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

A time to kill [2], a time to heal.

4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance"; etc etc

On 6/18/2024 at 8:46 AM, JonnyF said:

I'm with Mr Freeman on this one. He's spoken about it before. It's very divisive. 

Reminds me of Mr Murray's comments on Pride month. Also very valid comments from someone who clearly understands what it means to be gay. 

Of course this will annoy the left immensely

I consider myself quite heavily left-wing, and I agree with Mr Freeman. I'm not familiar with Mr Murray or his comments on pride month, but I am opposed to pride as a general concept; taking pride in your nationality, skin colour* or sexuality* (ie the way you were born...) is quite ridiculous.

*if you have faced persecution and overcome it as a result of your skin colour or sexuality then you may have cause to be proud. You may also have cause to be proud simply for having the courage to come out as being gay, but those are personal achievements and don't warrant a festival.

• Thumbs Up 2