How will it end?

How will it end?  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, ChicagoExpat said:

For all of their many shortcomings, Western countries are the only places any of us choose to live in.

Western countries are the only places any of us choose to live in.

Do try and get it right. Some of us ( quite a lot actually ) choose to live in Thailand, and the last time I looked it's not a western country. Not only that, it doesn't support the proxy war in Ukraine.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Western countries are the only places any of us choose to live in.

Do try and get it right. Some of us ( quite a lot actually ) choose to live in Thailand, and the last time I looked it's not a western country. Not only that, it doesn't support the proxy war in Ukraine.

Actually, you're right on this, and I erred in how I made my point.  But you understand my point.  Which is that the posters that constantly advocate for Russia and its pals never choose to live under those regimes.  But you knew that, my clumsiness not withstanding.

Edited by ChicagoExpat
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, ChicagoExpat said:

The back and forth of posting isn't "stalking".  It's posting.  It's what a forum like this is about.  You respond to ALL of my posts.  Are you "stalking" me?  What a crybaby.

You don't understand what a proxy war is.  Russia started this war, Russia can end this war anytime it wants by withdrawing to its own lawful borders.  If Ukraine has friends that help it out, you can't cry about it.

Stop shilling for Russia.

I am very clear what a proxy war is - you are blind. Whatever negotiations will happen after Trump wins - Ukraine will give up land - game over.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

I am very clear what a proxy war is - you are blind. Whatever negotiations will happen after Trump wins - Ukraine will give up land - game over.

Bob, there you go again with the ad hominem attacks.  I'm really disappointed you would stoop to this kind of namecalling, a short time after asking for respectful dialogue.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ChicagoExpat said:

Bob, there you go again with the ad hominem attacks.  I'm really disappointed you would stoop to this kind of namecalling, a short time after asking for respectful dialogue.

What do you mean? What name-calling? You are blind to the issue; it is not name-calling but a metaphor. You don't know what respectful dialogue means. Trolling but I won't bite - thank you.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BobBKK said:

He advocates for peace and not throwing your country's money away for nothing. In this respect Trump makes sense and I hope he wins over senile Biden.

I will, as always, point out that supporting the aggressor in a transparently unjust war is not supporting "peace".  And if Russia is not defeated, the extent to which it is bled is the extent to which its next war is postponed.  If that happens after Putin is gone, perhaps a successor will not be as insistent on building the Empire.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

What do you mean? What name-calling? You are blind to the issue; it is not name-calling but a metaphor. You don't know what respectful dialogue means. Trolling but I won't bite - thank you.

You called me "blind."  With no nuance.  That was not respectful dialogue.

Bob, you keep finding new ways to demonstrate hypocrisy.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Trump personally will avenge el'Presidente Ze for refusal of "small favor" about hunter B. back than. So obviously not good scenario. Biden will continue cash-in until there would be none to fight.

I assume that Biden's family is now more wealthy than Trumps. 

• Confused 3

13 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

Trump personally will avenge el'Presidente Ze for refusal of "small favor" about hunter B. back than. So obviously not good scenario. Biden will continue cash-in until there would be none to fight.

I assume that Biden's family is now more wealthy than Trumps. 

I agree - and Ukraine is running out of manpower - better a poor peace than a good war.

https://www.wsj.com/world/europe/ukraines-battered-army-grapples-with-growing-troop-shortage-6d695eba

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, ChicagoExpat said:

You called me "blind."  With no nuance.  That was not respectful dialogue.

Bob, you keep finding new ways to demonstrate hypocrisy.

Your weak trolling is getting boring. 

"be blind to somethingto completely fail to notice or realize something  blindly International companies are all too often blind to local needs. He was totally blind to the faults of his children."

https://www.ldoceonline.com/dictionary/be-blind-to-something

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, BobBKK said:

Your weak trolling is getting boring. 

"be blind to somethingto completely fail to notice or realize something  blindly International companies are all too often blind to local needs. He was totally blind to the faults of his children."

https://www.ldoceonline.com/dictionary/be-blind-to-something

Bob, I remind you again that responding to you, as you respond to me, is not "trolling."  And I'll always respond to your DISRESPECTFUL STALKING.  You never said I was "blind to X," you just said I was "blind."  Very ad hominem, very disrespectful.

Yes, so boring you can't help but respond.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ChicagoExpat said:

Bob, I remind you again that responding to you, as you respond to me, is not "trolling."  And I'll always respond to your DISRESPECTFUL STALKING.  You never said I was "blind to X," you just said I was "blind."  Very ad hominem, very disrespectful.

Yes, so boring you can't help but respond.

Context - you know perfectly well what I meant. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

Why the far right is on Putin's side I cannot comprehend. 

I'm with you.  I'm old enough to remember when it was the Left that loved Russia.  I never in a million years thought it would switch.  I began to get a taste of it when I was living there -- there were clowns like Patrick Lancaster doing videos from the occupied territories, and there were American guys living in Russia who had not only married Russian women and liked Russian culture (both totally understandable) but who had really bought into the Kremlin's nonsense.  I was surprised at the time.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, ChicagoExpat said:

I don't have much faith, however, in their ability to sustain support.  70 years of allowing the United States to foot their military bill has rendered them unsuited to make the hard choices necessary to defend themselves.

On that I agree 100%. When unemployment becomes a career choice, why would a youth today subject themselves to military BS? Even I had enough of it to get out when I didn't have to.

17 hours ago, ChicagoExpat said:

Yes, we can count on Trump to do something petty like that, though the fact that the New Right is very pro-Russian is also a big selling point.  I read David Brooks' interview with Bannon today (worth a read) and he was very clear that they're all about throwing Ukraine to the wolves.

I don't care as to the reason for stopping the money conveyor belt to Ukraine as long as it stops. IMO it was a war that should never have happened.

IMO it's just not worth western treasure that should have been used to better the lives of western taxpayers. No one ever asked them if they preferred bullets for Ukraine over a better life for themselves and their children.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, rabas said:

Vision test...

Russia fought proxy wars in Ukraine prior to Putin's full invasion in 2022, after which it was no longer a proxy war.

Wiki: Allegations of genocide in Donbas

Altogether, about 14,300 people were killed in the Donbas War, both soldiers and civilians. According to the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, 6,500 were Russian proxy forces, 4,400 were Ukrainian forces, and 3,404 were civilians on both sides of the frontline.

Test results: ChicagoExpat has excellent vision.

@rabas THANK YOU SIR

• Like 1
  • Haha 1