Bangkok Bank Mobile App Upgrade - now no transfers between my accounts?

5 hours ago, ianguygil said:

There is also the TRANSFER Icon on the landing page. The one most to the left under Quick Banking

processed-556E8804-C67C-4C24-9001-B7111C21AC06.jpeg

I know but it is now missing 

9 hours ago, Silurian said:

Works for me. Go to accounts. Under each account is a transfer link.

I know there is a link - but the transfer link to transfer between MY ACCOUNTS is missing.

8 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

I know there is a link - but the transfer link to transfer between MY ACCOUNTS is missing.

Everyone here has told you the links are still there, so only you have this problem. So reinstall the App or go to the Bank to sort it out.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Sounds to me your update crashed in some way. You could just uninstall and try install again.

Uninstalled
Reinstalled
passport number - facial recognition, etc.

Problem still there

8 minutes ago, thainet said:

Everyone here has told you the links are still there, so only you have this problem. So reinstall the App or go to the Bank to sort it out.

They are not there for me, and I was asking if anyone else had the problem. The app was reinstalled, and obviously, I will go to the bank next. Don't be so grouchy; you might learn something if I get it fixed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

They are not there for me, and I was asking if anyone else had the problem. The app was reinstalled, and obviously, I will go to the bank next. Don't be so grouchy; you might learn something if I get it fixed.

Even though I'm supposedly grouchy, a bit of info. If you are using Android, then check the version number. Any version lower than 11 probably doesn't work properly with many apps.

7 minutes ago, thainet said:

Even though I'm supposedly grouchy, a bit of info. If you are using Android, then check the version number. Any version lower than 11 probably doesn't work properly with many apps.

It's fully updated version 13

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

Uninstalled
Reinstalled
passport number - facial recognition, etc.

Problem still there

Ok, that sounds strange. Anyway, you tested. As you say, next step must be the bank. They also started with that the phone number you have registered with your bank, must be in your name as it is on your account. Otherwise different functionality might disappear. However, your bank will have the answer for you. Good Luck.

As I've said many many times - if you need help PM me on this forum and I will get somebody to help via an official Bank channel. This is NOT a bank channel. I do this in my spare time when on a flight or in the car (I have a driver). I won't try to diagnose something in detail here or ask specific questions of a customer here. That would just be silly and break all kinds of compliance rules.

As a general comment, ANDROID is Open Source and is far more difficult to ensure it works 100% on every device than iOS which is a classic Walled Garden. Not being political just stating a fact. GOOGLE are working on this, but as with any Open Source product - it is Open Source and implementations will vary widely

Edited by ianguygil
  • Thumbs Up 2

21 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Ok, that sounds strange. Anyway, you tested. As you say, next step must be the bank. They also started with that the phone number you have registered with your bank, must be in your name as it is on your account. Otherwise different functionality might disappear. However, your bank will have the answer for you. Good Luck.

I was at the bank for 1.5 hours today. All staff were confused and perplexed, so they also phoned the IT department and they too were baffled. After more than an hour, we all gave up, and the IT desk submitted "a report," and they would phone me back when they had figured it out.

BTW The reinstallation yesterday was a real headache - the facial recognition kept timing out Grr Grr

48 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

I was at the bank for 1.5 hours today. All staff were confused and perplexed, so they also phoned the IT department and they too were baffled. After more than an hour, we all gave up, and the IT desk submitted "a report," and they would phone me back when they had figured it out.

BTW The reinstallation yesterday was a real headache - the facial recognition kept timing out Grr Grr

Ops! Sorry for fixing even more problem for you regarding the new installation. Thanks for updating me about how it went. Sound really crazy, man. Guess it´s just to wait and see what the "professionals" have to say.

BTW, I have quit the facial recognition, and just think it´s better with a 6-digit code. The thing that was most irritating was when try to login after sun go down. Just didn´t work well.

On 6/19/2024 at 3:55 PM, BobBKK said:

Has anyone else had this? The 'transfer between own account' function disappeared after the latest upgrade.

Yes, same here mate.

It I want to transfer to one of the other BBL accounts I got to input the account number of BBL account I want to transfer into.

I have reinstalled the BBL app but still the same, the link isn't available to transfer between my accounts.

I will pop into my local BBL get them to sort it 

• Thanks 1

On 6/19/2024 at 3:55 PM, BobBKK said:

Has anyone else had this? The 'transfer between own account' function disappeared after the latest upgrade.

What's the version number of the latest upgrade?

On 6/21/2024 at 3:28 PM, dayo202 said:

Yes, same here mate.

It I want to transfer to one of the other BBL accounts I got to input the account number of BBL account I want to transfer into.

I have reinstalled the BBL app but still the same, the link isn't available to transfer between my accounts.

I will pop into my local BBL get them to sort it 

I was in there for nearly two hours - people on here thought I was a simpleton, but it is MISSING. The staff tried everything, and now it's with the IT helpdesk who will phone me back at some stage.

Can you describe what you used to do (that is what is now "missing"?) to transfer money from one of your BBL accounts to another of BBL accounts before this latest issue?

If you go to the Accounts tab(bottom. second from the left) do you see more than one account?

If you use the Transfer shortcut, then Other accounts, then BBL can you enter your "other" BBL account and make a transfer to it? Then add it as a favorite?

Is one of your BBL accounts used for direct deposit of U.S. Social Security payments?

1 hour ago, bamnutsak said:

Can you describe what you used to do (that is what is now "missing"?) to transfer money from one of your BBL accounts to another of BBL accounts before this latest issue?

If you go to the Accounts tab(bottom. second from the left) do you see more than one account?

If you use the Transfer shortcut, then Other accounts, then BBL can you enter your "other" BBL account and make a transfer to it? Then add it as a favorite?

Is one of your BBL accounts used for direct deposit of U.S. Social Security payments?

image.jpeg.c1634fb6b084028a43a8129ae74924d8.jpeg

'My Accounts' is missing - and, as John Lennon said, "I'm not the only one"  Waiting for BB to phone me - will report here.

In general, recently I try to transfer more money than usual. I received some strange error message.

After I called the bank, they checked my personal details. They still had my passport number which I used to open the account many years ago.

After answering some security questions on the phone, they updated my passport number in their system and now all works fine again.

I don't know how often something like this causes a problem, but from time to time it apparently causes problems - and no obvious "update your passport number" message.