Purchases at Shopee

Tubulat

I recently bought a product from Shopee, but it did not live up to expectations.
Submitted a request in the usual way to return it and get my money back.
Initially it all seemed to go well, through the website I could download a return form, I could also specify the date when it would be collected, but then things went wrong, nothing happened on the agreed date.
2 days later I entered a new pick-up date and they came again 2 days later to pick up the product.
I am now 3 days further without any message from Shopee.
Tried to contact Shopee by phone but no phone number anywhere.
Chatting with Shopee doesn't work either.

Is there anyone in the community who has experience with this and knows where I can turn for enquiries, or complaints

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, yankee99 said:

Seller has the right to inspect the  item. Open items for change of mind can be denied.

020178399 shoppe phone number 

Yes I know, but thank you for the phone number.

I've never had to go as far as requesting a refund through Shopee itself. Each time I've had an issue - wrong item sent, item missing, counterfeit, item not as described - I've contacted the seller via the Shopee chat function to discuss it. More than 90% of the time, the seller has apologized and immediately either sent me a refund or sent out the correct item.

On only a couple of occasions was the seller stubborn, arguing about the issue even when they were demonstrably wrong. Once I got tired of the argument, I would just say, "ok, forget it, I'm sending this to Shopee and letting them decide", and the seller would suddenly decide to return my payment. (And only once did the seller even want me to return the counterfeit item - I didn't feel like waiting for someone to come collect it, so I just walked over to Kerry myself with the prepaid address label.)

• Like 1

I bought a rechargeable fan on Shopee and it ceased to function a few days after the return period expired.  Seller agreed to take return and make a refund anyway.  I got the maid to return it and never the seller then stopped replying to my follow up and never refunded.  Unfortunately the maid didn't realise she had to keep the postage receipt and threw it away. So nothing I could do but clearly a dishonest seller.  Shopee and Lazada are far more pro-seller than Ebay which works to farang consumer protection standards.

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, Tubulat said:

I recently bought a product from Shopee, but it did not live up to expectations.
Submitted a request in the usual way to return it and get my money back.
Initially it all seemed to go well, through the website I could download a return form, I could also specify the date when it would be collected, but then things went wrong, nothing happened on the agreed date.
2 days later I entered a new pick-up date and they came again 2 days later to pick up the product.
I am now 3 days further without any message from Shopee.
Tried to contact Shopee by phone but no phone number anywhere.
Chatting with Shopee doesn't work either.

Is there anyone in the community who has experience with this and knows where I can turn for enquiries, or complaints

Are you so lazy that you can not take the package to a Kerry courier office? Shoppee will issue you the QR code to show the courier company. You only need tell them the office which you will bring it to. They will offer choices in the app. Your best bet though is to have a Thai use the app to go through the process of getting the info you need. 

• Sad 2

The story go's on....

Sunday the package was collected, with the printed form that shopee had provided, and guess what today it was delivered to....to myself.
Apparently the supplier thought it could take me and saw fit to send it back.
The most frustrating thing in the whole affair is that Shopee cannot be reached in any way, only through call centre where you can press some keys.
Highly objectionable and a reason for me to NEVER order anything from Shopee again.

• Confused 1

I had a trimmer once, dead on arrival

asked for refund... 

seller was difficult,  shopee asked to return it

till I saw many messages of this shop was using broken items or re-sending the broken item till one dude would just take the loss

that was not me

showed them the many message of this crooked scammer

got money back, well, store credit as it was COD and how would they refund me ?

8 hours ago, john donson said:

I had a trimmer once, dead on arrival

asked for refund... 

seller was difficult,  shopee asked to return it

till I saw many messages of this shop was using broken items or re-sending the broken item till one dude would just take the loss

that was not me

showed them the many message of this crooked scammer

got money back, well, store credit as it was COD and how would they refund me ?

When they have you cc number they will send to this, it happens to me, order by COD, send it back, and 2 days later is was on my acount.

On 6/21/2024 at 7:45 AM, Peterphuket said:

When they have you cc number they will send to this, it happens to me, order by COD, send it back, and 2 days later is was on my acount.

The case has been served, the product can no longer be returned, get no money back without reason.

For me, never Shopee again.
And then you can enter your opinion whether you are satisfied, which is the biggest hoot, automatically generated, so worthless, is not looked at all.

• Haha 1

On 6/22/2024 at 10:58 AM, Tubulat said:

The case has been served, the product can no longer be returned, get no money back without reason.

For me, never Shopee again.
And then you can enter your opinion whether you are satisfied, which is the biggest hoot, automatically generated, so worthless, is not looked at all.

On reflection, it is a rotten company, there is no way to have phone contact just chat, but this is not how you treat your customers.
And once again the short-sightedness of the Thai is evident,it is about a product v worth 500 thb.
All those items I ordered before and after that too, forgotten...no not forgotten, but they don't realise.
Okay, there are more companies than Shopee, I will order from those other companies in future.

To me, end of shopee.