How long does it take to cancel work permit and visa.

36 minutes ago, New Guy said:

When should school be informed about resigning. Can work permit and visa cancelation done on same day?

You should tell them when you decide you want to leave, allowing for your notice period. WP and visa can (and should be) be cancelled on the same day you officially leave. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Kalorymetr said:

Boi work permits can be canceled online with a single click in a second.

Visa is yours to cancel. They can't cancel it.

That is untrue. The employer can cancel it.

When I left my last job we agreed a date for me to finish, then on that day they went to immigration to cancel my visa for me - I just gave them my passport and didn't have to go with them, I went and got it back once it was done. Easy.

• Confused 3

17 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

That is untrue. The employer can cancel it.

When I left my last job we agreed a date for me to finish, then on that day they went to immigration to cancel my visa for me - I just gave them my passport and didn't have to go with them, I went and got it back once it was done. Easy.

Oo, guy is asking if they can cancel without his consent. You asked for it and gave them passport. You can have anything done for you if you sign power of attorney.. 

7 hours ago, Kalorymetr said:

Oo, guy is asking if they can cancel without his consent. You asked for it and gave them passport. You can have anything done for you if you sign power of attorney.. 

I didn't realise he was asking without consent.

Anyway, I didn't sign a POA, just gave them my passport. This was a BOI company so don't know if that makes any difference, but they physically took it to the One Stop Centre and I didn't have to sign anything.

• Thumbs Up 1