Been having really bizarre dreams lately..

Just now, novacova said:

Since you’re off the sauce you’re probably getting better sleep, rem. Alcohol consumption deprives rem and a good nights sleep.

not sure about that..

tossing, turning, waking up in middle of the night and very disturbing dreams.

hopefully next week will be better, but I do plan on having a bottle of red over the weekend.

bob.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, novacova said:

Sounds like you’re having dt’s. Maybe permanently lay off sauce will help. 

well i'm definitely having a bottle of red or 2 over the weekend to soothe the pain.

bob.

• Sad 1

Probably not a serious thread but just in case anybody who does open this thread for serious debate, I used to have horrific sleeping problems and dreams/night terrorrs.

I used to drink a lot of coke zero and sice I stopped, the frequency of such activity has reduced from several times a night/week, to once or twice a month or even less sometimes.

My best guess is that it's the caffine that was aggravating the issue*, so if you drink a lot of coffee or soda, particularly after mid day, try cutting that down.

*Yes it could be a reaction to another ingredient, which is why I used the word "guess".

Edited by JayClay
  • Confused 2

Just now, bob smith said:

why would you think that?

bob.

Because you quoted that line and that line alone, as opposed to focusing on the actual content of the post.

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, bob smith said:

last few nights my dreams have been, let's say, strange..

last night an old neighbor of mine (woman) was in my dream from back home, someone I haven't seen for almost 20 years.

I was in her garage.

she flashed me and had two dongs :shock1:

night before last I had a very violent dream..

lot's of blood and guts.

wonder what tonight will bring?

I will add that I have been off the sauce since Sunday, maybe that has something to do with it??

bob.

You've been talking about being with a man lately, and you're already with a woman, so maybe you want the best of both, and your neighbor with the two dongs represents a wish, which some dreams actually are.

Posted (edited)
Just now, fredwiggy said:

You've been talking about being with a man lately, and you're already with a woman, so maybe you want the best of both, and your neighbor with the two dongs represents a wish, which some dreams actually are.

why her though? a person I barely spoke to at the best of times and someone I haven't seen for almost 20 years..

weird eh?

bob.

Edited by bob smith
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Alcohol, meds, sleeping meds.

Can't be for real.

He probably drinks nothing more than weak tea.....

Probably, weak PuErCha....from YunNan China.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Your not alone bob, I get weird Vivid dreams almost every night, a lot about the work I used to do(car HGV mechanic) but, mixed in with the present, my car is always in them, looking for it, searching for someone in a crowd, (last night a music fest with someone adjusting like a horn screw to get the bass right-a young kid feeding another with a green jelly snake) that sort of thing. Last night; Living in a house in-under a huge sloping rock, wooden garage doors, people coming for dinner, the woman driving hit the garage doors, he gets out, and drives a mini, up the rock and over the house, gets out and says that's how to drive. 

This is how vivid they are I can remember them for hours. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bob smith said:

not sure about that..

tossing, turning, waking up in middle of the night and very disturbing dreams.

hopefully next week will be better, but I do plan on having a bottle of red over the weekend.

bob.

You had a dream about visiting Hua Hin. Then you woke up.

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Don't forget caffeine has a 5 hour half life so avoid 10 hours before sleep otherwise sleep can be a little disturbed 

You’re wrong about how half life works.  If half life  (50%) is 5 hours, the next 5 hours is half of half life, so 25%, next 5 hours you have 12,5% left of active ingredient, next 5 hrs you have 6.25% ingredient left in your blood stream.  
Easiest way to work out when you are totally clear from active substance is to multiply half life by 5.5.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JayClay said:

Probably not a serious thread

Ouch! Geeee! How can you think that? Bobby always opens up, are sincere and tells the truth. I can not for my life understand what you got such silly thoughts from.

• Confused 1

51 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

Hey BOB, stop posting for a week and see if that will help TIT

no he should NEVER post or comment again. Unless he can come up with something sensible instead of the never ending drivel that he does.

• Thanks 1

I always hesitate to respond to one of Bob's posts, as it likely just encourages his bizarre behavior. Dreams are a form of mental diarreah. The brain just goes wild and creates bizarre fantasies. I too have many incredibly strange dreams. I dismiss them. They are supposed to mean something, but I cannot make heads of tails out of them.

22 minutes ago, Globalres said:

You’re wrong about how half life works.  If half life  (50%) is 5 hours, the next 5 hours is half of half life, so 25%, next 5 hours you have 12,5% left of active ingredient, next 5 hrs you have 6.25% ingredient left in your blood stream.  
Easiest way to work out when you are totally clear from active substance is to multiply half life by 5.5.

I'm wondering where that 5.5 rule of thumb comes from?

My handy dandy HP emulator says 0.5^5.5 leaves 2.209% of the substance in your body.  In another hour, it'll be 1.1%, which seems about the same, from a practical standpoint.

I'm guessing there's a source for that 5.5 number, but can you clue me in?