Online eVisa - stuck on accomodation

Can anyone help with the eVisa application please?  We are going in 1 month for 39 days.

First, is it worth doing an eVisa or does it take a long time to process or have a chance of being glitched or rejected?  So far, my experience on the website is that it's quite glitchy.

The alternative to getting an eVisa would be booking a cheap flight out of Thailand before my 30 visa entry stamp and then going to Immigration to extend my 30 days.  This is how I've done it before.

The part I'm stuck on for the eVisa is accommodation.  We are going for 39 days, the first week is in a hotel I've pre-booked.

The rest of the trip will be staying at our house in Ubon.  The only option for this on the application is to select "Private Accommodation" but then it asks for the name of the property.  I assumed I put my wife's name (?) but then it needs a Thai phone number which isn't applicable because my wife is currently with me in the UK and doesn't have a Thai phone number, and there's no landline at the house.

Am I doing this wrong?  Is there another way to specify staying at someone's house?

TIA

16 minutes ago, KunMatt said:

Can anyone help with the eVisa application please?  We are going in 1 month for 39 days.

First, is it worth doing an eVisa or does it take a long time to process or have a chance of being glitched or rejected?  So far, my experience on the website is that it's quite glitchy.

The alternative to getting an eVisa would be booking a cheap flight out of Thailand before my 30 visa entry stamp and then going to Immigration to extend my 30 days.  This is how I've done it before.

The part I'm stuck on for the eVisa is accommodation.  We are going for 39 days, the first week is in a hotel I've pre-booked.

The rest of the trip will be staying at our house in Ubon.  The only option for this on the application is to select "Private Accommodation" but then it asks for the name of the property.  I assumed I put my wife's name (?) but then it needs a Thai phone number which isn't applicable because my wife is currently with me in the UK and doesn't have a Thai phone number, and there's no landline at the house.

Am I doing this wrong?  Is there another way to specify staying at someone's house?

TIA

Just give them the hotel booking confirmation. That will be enough. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Gover said:

Just give them the hotel booking confirmation. That will be enough. 

Thanks.

Do you know how long it takes to get the eVisa processed?

3 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

Where are you applying?  I did one in the UK last year.  Also just gave the first 5 days hotel booking.  3 days.

I'm in the UK too.  Thanks I'll complete the application now.

What did you use as proof of your current location?  A home addressed letter?

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

Gas bill if I recall correctly.

Thanks.  Submitted and paid for now.

If it goes wrong I'll get a cheap flight to Malaysia so I can fly to Thailand.

Cheers

Edited by KunMatt
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, KunMatt said:

Thanks.

Do you know how long it takes to get the eVisa processed?

My METV showed up the day before I left, about 8 business days. Just lucky, or they may have timed it to give the maximum validity, I don't really know. On the website it states 10 business days. 

1 hour ago, KunMatt said:

You can book few days accom eg Agoda fully refundable.

Does not require entire stay. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Well that didn't work!

Screenshot_20240624-112427_Outlook.jpg.7394a6b03fc72f09a65d16f930abbeaa.jpg

So I can now make a letter from my wide stating out our travel plans and the address and dates we will stay in the house, but there is no Thai phone number to put on it because she is in the UK and doesn't have a Thai number any more.

A booking confirmation PDF for a couple nights on Agoda seems to do the trick based on my experience.  No need to have the reservation for the entire time. Of course, its always possible that it will be different at different consulates and depending on who looks at the application.

Edited by shdmn

I already have a real hotel booking for a week from the day we arrive, however the booking confirmation I submitted didn't have the full address and telephone number which I now realise is the additional info they requested.

Instead I submitted a signed letter from my wife detailing that we would stay in her house after the hotel.  They just wanted a copy of her ID card and now the visa has been approved.

I've also heard rhay today they have started doing the 60 day entry stamps which is just my luck!  🤣

Edited by KunMatt

18 minutes ago, KunMatt said:

I've also heard rhay today they have started doing the 60 day entry stamps which is just my luck!  🤣

Yes, but they announced that a few weeks ago and it never happened! Got a notification from the UK Foreign Office, and then another one a few days later to reverse it.

I'm going in back in September and will get a TR60 e-visa even if the 60-day visa-exempt is active.

2 hours ago, London Lowf said:

Yes, but they announced that a few weeks ago and it never happened! Got a notification from the UK Foreign Office, and then another one a few days later to reverse it.

I'm going in back in September and will get a TR60 e-visa even if the 60-day visa-exempt is active.

Apparently it started yesterday!

Either way, I'm the same as you, I don't trust them to not reverse it before I travel so I wanted to get an eVisa for peace of mind.

All approved now so all good.  I submitted it Friday and approved Monday.  Would use again.  👍