Roojai anyone claimed for Windscreen insurance?

kwak250

Just had a small stone chip/crack about 6-8 inches on my wife's Honda Civic Rs 

Anyone know if Roojai replace the windscreen for the same one as this has the rain sensor 

Had a Toyota Vigo windscreen replaced by an insurance company years ago and it was terrible and steamed up when it rained which the genuine one never did.

Edited by kwak250

If you have the dealer's garage extension on your policy, the dealer is highly likely to replace the glass with OEM.

If no dealer's garage extension, you would probably still be within your rights under the policy to require a new windscreen that retains all the functions of the original.

Might be worth a call to Roojai to sort out in advance.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

If you have the dealer's garage extension on your policy, the dealer is highly likely to replace the glass with OEM.

If no dealer's garage extension, you would probably still be within your rights under the policy to require a new windscreen that retains all the functions of the original.

Might be worth a call to Roojai to sort out in advance.

Yes it is not that bad and as i have had the policy for a few years thought i might check before asking Roojai .
I am sure its any garage of Roojai's choice .

17 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

Roojai is a giant pile of crap. Never use them. Horrible company. If you don’t have a claim everything will be ok though

Why do you say that? Any personal experience with claims with them? Please tell. 

• Agree 2

Just taken insurance with these. What I didn't like is that you pay and and then all the questions start. It would be better to answer questions before they take your money. Plus called the English speaking line but no-one spoke English said would call me back. No-one did. Then the inspection video. No one spoke English. Wish I had just used my usual agent

10 minutes ago, lavender19 said:

Just taken insurance with these. What I didn't like is that you pay and and then all the questions start. It would be better to answer questions before they take your money. Plus called the English speaking line but no-one spoke English said would call me back. No-one did. Then the inspection video. No one spoke English. Wish I had just used my usual agent

I've rang them a few times and had a call back from an English speaker within 5 minutes each time. The inspection video was all done in English too. I guess it's the luck of the draw. 

I ve been with them some 6 years with first class insurance.

good value for money, some 30% cheaper then others.The last two years I paid some 8000 Bather year.

My Car Nissan Np 300 four door from 2015 ,new Windscreen and a scratch on the side, took 1 weck.

My wife turns the car over in 2023 on a wet road, the car was a write off .there Paid 400000 bath

that was 30000 bath more then some other insurer, ok it took 6 weeks to get the money no problem et all.

investet 600000bath more good a new car. This car comes with first class insurance ,but after a year I go back to Roojai

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, lavender19 said:

I've called them 3 times and and always had a fluent English speaker. Very pleasant and professional.The video inspection was a different story...had to wait 45 mins after my scheduled time for an English speaker to call back, but after the delay, all went smoothly with a fluent English speaker.

11 hours ago, lavender19 said:

Must be luck of the draw but every time I have called Roojai I have had an english speaker.

• Like 1